Tejada predicting a big recruiting weekend

Umm. The post didn't call it the "Norman Invasion" (capital I). Totally different to say "Norman invasion", which is 100% accurate, since the Normans did indeed 'invade'. You know, if you're gonna correct somebody....
D11058A1-7F98-42DB-B1FA-1A5FA68F7CA3.gif

Advertisement
I want a new Inniss thread that leads to a Blue Lot meet up. Seemed to work for Bain’s commitment. Plus the extra 20-30 pages made the board entertaining while we wait for the next commitments.

Hi brad, you know how cute I always thought you were
fast times at ridgemont high swimming GIF
Phoebe Cates is an all-time beauty.

But back to the topic. I'm hitting F5 all day hoping some stealthy **** has been going down that we're not even thinking of.

Advertisement
That’s not called the “Norman Invasion”, it’s known as the Norman Conquest.

If you’re gonna correct somebody, make sure that you are accurate with your facts.
No dog in this fight, but...

The Norman Conquest (or the Conquest) was the 11th-century invasion and occupation of England by an army made up of thousands of Norman, Breton, Flemish, and French troops, all led by the Duke of Normandy, later styled William the Conqueror.

Advertisement
I think gore hasn't gotten enough attention on this board.

dude very wel may be our best addition for next year in the whole offseason including portal and high school

No dog in this fight, but...

The Norman Conquest (or the Conquest) was the 11th-century invasion and occupation of England by an army made up of thousands of Norman, Breton, Flemish, and French troops, all led by the Duke of Normandy, later styled William the Conqueror.

Did I say otherwise? That’s exactly what I said. It’s known as “The Norman Conquest”, not “The Norman Invasion.”

Was it an invasion, of course. But historically it’s known as the aforementioned.

Advertisement
Did I say otherwise? That’s exactly what I said. It’s known as “The Norman Conquest”, not “The Norman Invasion.”

Was it an invasion, of course. But historically it’s known as the aforementioned.
No one said "Norman Invasion" except you. You corrected someone who was already correct in the way that they wrote it, and then made a comment about getting facts straight, when you were the one who was wrong in the first place. Got it?

No one said "Norman Invasion" except you. You corrected someone who was already correct in the way that they wrote it, and then made a comment about getting facts straight, when you were the one who was wrong in the first place. Got it?
Are you insane, or just plain old stupid?

OP said “Norman Invasion” on his original post. Go back and read the thread.

Also, I told him a couple of posts later that I was just busting his balls.

But there always has to be one of you captain save a hoes up in this byotch.

Advertisement
Are you insane, or just plain old stupid?

OP said “Norman Invasion” on his original post. Go back and read the thread.

Also, I told him a couple of posts later that I was just busting his balls.

But there always has to be one of you captain save a hoes up in this byotch.

Read the OP again. This time, pay close attention to capitalizations. My issue was with your "if you're going to correct someone" comment, which is ****holery on its own, but especially in this case, when you're the one who was wrong.

Read the OP again. This time, pay close attention to capitalizations. My issue was with your "if you're going to correct someone" comment, which is ****holery on its own, but especially in this case, when you're the one who was wrong.
I wasn’t “wrong.”

It not called the “Norman Invasion.”

Was it an invasion? Yes.

But it’s called “The Norman Conquest.”

Facts are important.

I wasn’t “wrong.”

It not called the “Norman Invasion.”

Was it an invasion? Yes.

But it’s called “The Norman Conquest.”

Facts are important.

OK, last time for the reading comp challenged.

OP --- "Cane since 1060 took time out from the Norman invasion to catch games back then" (Totally correct. Note how OP did not call it Norman Invasion with a capital "I".)

Genius response --- "I think that you meant The Battle of Normandy. There’s no such thing as the Norman Invasion." (First usage of Norman Invasion with a capital "I" was by you. By the way, which Battle of Normandy happened in 1060???)

Not-OP response --- "William the Conqueror says otherwise."

****hole response --- "That’s not called the “Norman Invasion”, it’s known as the Norman Conquest. If you’re gonna correct somebody, make sure that you are accurate with your facts." (No one called anything the "Norman Invasion" except you.)

So, you tried, and failed, to correct two people who were already correct, made an ****hole comment about being accurate with facts to someone who was already correct, and made a fool of yourself since then by not just saying "Oops. Missed that. My bad."

Facts are indeed important...as are capitalizations. Norman invasion does not equal Norman Invasion.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back