Tee Martin

Don't get info often, but heard from a good source who would know, no OC yet (as we know) but a couple of the position coaches are done and just waiting on the OC to announce.

Advertisement
Bunch of people just looking for a **** hire. Whomever Manny hires as OC will check off most if not all of the boxes.

Martin is a **** of a recruiter and can coach QBs. I'm not familiar with his offense, but he may have been running the offense at USC that the head coach wanted and not necessarily his own. If Manny chooses him, then I would expect Martin to be running some type of "spread" concept.

Let's see the product on the field before we pass judgment on the OC regardless of who he is.

Some of you saying that he hasn't proven himself as a playcaller aren't looking at facts. He had USC at #17 and #10 in total offense both his years at USC before struggling this past season.
With Sam Darnold and Ronald Jones

Advertisement
Would u like me to pull

They bring up his last year but the fact is his offenses were ranked high in most of the years he was at USC. They gloss over the fact that even last year his offense scored 24 or more points 67% of the time and thats with a true freshman at QB. Add on the fact that he is an ELITE recruiter and it's a no brainier.
He was oc for 3 years.
2016 usc 34.4 points a game miami 34.3.
2017 usc 32.6 miami 29.1
2018 usc 26 miami 28.8

And usc had a top 3 pick at qb. It would be no different than bringing back coley as oc. He is a great wr coach and recruiter but not oc. He doesnt even have a system. He has been at usc since 2012 under helton so that offense is basically what he knows.

Advertisement
I am putting my money on Fedora. Tee Martin will come on as a position coach and transition to OC if and when Fedora leaves. This makes sense to me, but I am prolly way off.

Bunch of people just looking for a **** hire. Whomever Manny hires as OC will check off most if not all of the boxes.

Martin is a **** of a recruiter and can coach QBs. I'm not familiar with his offense, but he may have been running the offense at USC that the head coach wanted and not necessarily his own. If Manny chooses him, then I would expect Martin to be running some type of "spread" concept.

Let's see the product on the field before we pass judgment on the OC regardless of who he is.
No, let's not just get some pom poms and go rah rah. Let's actually openly discuss the reality.

Advertisement
and here we go.
1547142469171.gif

Advertisement
He was oc for 3 years.
2017 usc 32.6 miami 29.1
2018 usc 26 miami 28.8

And usc had a top 3 pick at qb. It would be no different than bringing back coley as oc. He is a great wr coach and recruiter but not oc. He doesnt even have a system. He has been at usc since 2012 under helton so that offense is basically what he knows.

Those years you mentioned Coley was not our OC for any of them, Mark Richt was.

Martin is a good coach and a ELITE recruiter. Applewhite and Fedora are both good coaches but average recruiters. Give me the former 10/10. Not to mention he is a better fit for Miami than the other two.

He was oc for 3 years.
2017 usc 32.6 miami 29.1
2018 usc 26 miami 28.8

Yeah, in terms of points per game his offense was ranked 36th in 2016 and 35th in 2017. Per the metrics that decide which team actually wins or loses a game; i.e. scoring points, Tee Martin's offenses were nothing special. And that's in spite of having the 3rd overall draft choice at QB.

As others in this thread have observed, Tee Martin does not fit Manny's description of an OC who coaches an innovative and cutting offensive scheme. He and Richt more or less coach the same scheme.

Advertisement
Back