Teddy Bridgewater named new HC at Miami Northwestern

TB will get talent there for sure I would be surprised if he doesn’t. I’m right across from Manhattan wtf do I know???lol

Coach Strong ain’t at UL so no one should worry, that’s who he had a relationship with. And Mario gets along with everyone so I’m sure this will benefit us. Imo that is
Teddy has always loved um. Haven't spoke with him in a minute. He obviously took issue with Alfraud telling him we didn't want him. But he's always been a um guy. I doubt this is a negative for us & the west for some reason doesn't have the talent they always had. This probably corrects that to an extent.

Advertisement
TB will get talent there for sure I would be surprised if he doesn’t. I’m right across from Manhattan wtf do I know???lol

Coach Strong ain’t at UL so no one should worry, that’s who he had a relationship with. And Mario gets along with everyone so I’m sure this will benefit us. Imo that is

Facts, the talent will follow the coaches. Both to the right high school and the right college. This is good for Miami. Though I'm sure Brohm will get his licks in too assuming he has thick enough skin for recruiting against Mario.

Clint Hurtt, our old friend Ron Dugans, and Sherrone Moore were all on staff for teddys whole career at Louisville.

Pat Shurmur who he overlapped with in Minnesota is the Colorado OC

Dan Roushar who was his OL coach in NOLa for 2 years is the O line coach at Tulane now.

RBs coach in 2020 with the panthers, Jeff Nixon is the OC at Syracuse. Assistant o line coach that year, Marcus shatters field is the oc at Nebraska. Same with assistant SC coordinator from that year is at Nebraska that year.

2022 OL COACH dolphins, Matt applebaum is the OL coach at BC now but that’s probably going to change.

Pat surtain was also on the 2022 dolphins staff.

So basically Michigan and FSU connections

Edit, not saying he doesn’t have Miami connections or love because I have no knowledge of that…just pointing out additional connections he potentially may have.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Only qb guru Charlie strong could do that? Teddy was going to the league wherever he went
Not sure what makes you think that. Louisville ran a perfect offense to utilize his talents. I don't think with the trends of offenses at the time that most schools could've done that. I definitely don't feel he would've done it here.

Didn't he tell our coaches to **** up a rope when he was a player and went to Louisville? How's him going there a great thing for us?
Not at all. Our head corch being alfraud golden showers told him he wasn't the style of quarterback we had any interest in here and pulled his offer. Don't believe everything you here.

Annnnnnnd let’s not forget in the bowl game, did the first []_[] diss I can recall; throwing up the []_[] & breaking it while starring at our players.
After what alfraud did to him he's the first player I can understand and accept where he was coming from. He wasn't that way towards us. He was basically telling our coaches **** you. To be kid who always wanted to play for your local school you cheered for and have your offer pulled by the new head corch at the last second it's not an easy thing to endure. Most other people who have jumped on that trend are simply ***aloons. Him I understand. That was from the heart for him. I became friends with teddy pretty early on. He's told me this story himself.

Annnnnnnd let’s not forget in the bowl game, did the first []_[] diss I can recall; throwing up the []_[] & breaking it while starring at our players.

Yeah, I remember. I guess the only positive is NIL has negated a good bit of the high school coaches influence.

Advertisement
Not at all. Our head corch being alfraud golden showers told him he wasn't the style of quarterback we had any interest in here and pulled his offer. Don't believe everything you here.

If that's truly the case then I understand. I remember there being a few different rumors. Mario does a good job with HS recruits and also has assistance of NIL so I'm overly worried, but Teddy going there can't be looked at as a positive.

If that's truly the case then I understand. I remember there being a few different rumors. Mario does a good job with HS recruits and also has assistance of NIL so I'm overly worried, but Teddy going there can't be looked at as a positive.
I'm not sure I'd classify it necessarily as a positive but it's definitely not a negative. He won't go out of his way to push kids elsewhere.

Advertisement
After what alfraud did to him he's the first player I can understand and accept where he was coming from. He wasn't that way towards us. He was basically telling our coaches **** you. To be kid who always wanted to play for your local school you cheered for and have your offer pulled by the new head corch at the last second it's not an easy thing to endure. Most other people who have jumped on that trend are simply ***aloons. Him I understand. That was from the heart for him. I became friends with teddy pretty early on. He's told me this story himself.

When he told you the story himself, I hope you told him that while you can definitely understand the frustration and animosity towards the HC, "The U" is more than any single player or coach. And that the symbol (i.e., the U) is greater than any single individual involved with the program because it's representative of EVERY individual involved with the program.

You want to tell Folden to go **** yourself, awesome. I'm cool with that. I'll buy a bullhorn and sound system to make sure he hears it loud and clear. But when you disrespect the symbol of the university, you disrespect the entire university (not just Folden).

So Golden and Sean Allen committed NCAA violations and pulled Teddy's offer at the same time?

• On Dec. 17, 2010, five days after Golden was hired as Miami's coach, Allen testified that he was summoned to the restaurant Dan Marino's in South Miami to pick up Miami Northwestern High school quarterback Teddy Bridgewater. Bridgewater had withdrawn his commitment to the Hurricanes earlier in the month and Golden's staff was attempting to reverse his decision.

Allen testified that Bridgewater, Golden and other Miami coaches were at the restaurant during an unofficial visit and that a member of the coaching staff asked Allen to pick Bridgewater up. Allen testified that "I sat with Teddy and – actually that might have been the first time I met coach Golden, and they talked and I drove Teddy home from there."

Allen's phone records show eight calls exchanged with Bridgewater that afternoon and early evening, as well as four calls exchanged with Hill. The former Miami staffer told Yahoo! Sports that Hill, a then-Miami assistant, was present at the restaurant and arranged for Allen to pick Bridgewater up and transport him home – a violation of NCAA rules. The staffer also said Golden was aware Allen was there to take Bridgewater home.

Advertisement
I am pretty that account was relayed here as that is how I remembered it.

And yeah, I don't blame a ~20 year old kid with being upset with the team that you committed to, but they then pulled your offer - especially when you turn out to be a pretty **** good college player (****, I don't really blame you no matter how old you are).

Here’s the order of events as reported:

December 10, 2010

“Since the firing of head coach Randy Shannon at the end of the regular season, the Miami Hurricanes' already-small recruiting class has taken several big hits.

Four-star safety Albert Louis-Jean, a top-five player at his position, abandoned the 'Canes last week, and now reports have surfaced that 5-star quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, also a top-five player at his position, has decided to decommit as well.

Both prospects have made it clear that they grew hesitant about their commitments to Miami now that Shannon is out of the picture.”

December 20, 2010 as he committed to UL

“Five-star quarterback Teddy Bridgewater committed to Louisville on Monday, becoming the first five-star prospect to commit to the Cardinals this season.

Bridgewater, who originally committed to Miami, decommitted from the Hurricanes in the wake of coach Randy Shannon's firing and quickly visited Louisville along with high school teammate, three-star wide receiver Eli Rogers.

Both Bridgewater and Rodgers committed to the Cardinals together just over a week after their visit.”

Golden was hired on 12/13/2010, 7 days prior to Bridgewater committing to UL. Both Albert & Teddy said Miami was in the mix pending on the coaching hire, so what did Golden do in a 7 day window that made Teddy say Fck You & The []_[]?

If he had an issue w/ Golden, that was no reason to break The []_[] & to be frank, I’m a lil taken aback by this reasoning b/c of how hard u go for the school. So that means the now famed upside down []_[] created by UNC QB Marquis Williams is justified since he dreamt of being a Cane, but we didn’t offer him until it became apparent we would have no QBs for the 2011 class, right? I mean since he felt disrespected by Golden, it was justified for him crouch rocketing The []_[]?

Come on bro, what Teddy did deserved zero pass. If he had a problem w/ Golden, then he should’ve yelled across the field, “I did this to u Fck Boy, remember that.” But throwing up the []_[] to break it? Nah; blood was talking mad chit to the players, not staff, but players all game.

Last edited:
I am pretty that account was relayed here as that is how I remembered it.

And yeah, I don't blame a ~20 year old kid with being upset with the team that you committed to, but they then pulled your offer - especially when you turn out to be a pretty **** good college player (****, I don't really blame you no matter how old you are).

The dude decommited before Golden became a coach.

The dude decommited before Golden became a coach.
I remember listening to Al's first Joe Rose interview after he was hired. Joe asked him about recruiting, and the first thing out of Al's mouth was along the lines of getting a certain local QB back in the fold. We only had 2 scholarship qb's at the time, 3 if you want to include Spencer Whipple. Now Golden was an idiot and a liar, but even I can't imagine him pulling Teddy's offer when the position is in that bad of shape. Plus, who commits NCAA violations over a kid you are pulling an offer from? We quickly pivoted to Jacoby Brissett which of course failed and we ended up not bringing in a qb in that class.

Advertisement
Back