****** Tech, bigger game than FSU

Bicho

Sophomore
Banned
Biggest game of the year for Miami and worried about possible let down one week after FSU.

Win OR Lose vs. FSU if we don't beat ****** Tech the next week the season is a failure.

No ACC title game, no re-match v. FSU.

Those Chokies aren't losing 2 ACC with that cream puff schedule.

Advertisement
The FSU game is the biggest game for us since the '09 Oklahoma game.

Florida earlier this year was big but this game has National Title implications. We win, and we have a legit shot to play for the Title.

Florida earlier this year was big but this game has National Title implications. We win, and we have a legit shot to play for the Title.

As far as hype and fan excitement yes.

As far as importance to having a great season looking back at the end of the year its more important to beat Va. Tech.

Obviously best case scenario is to beat both!

The way I look at it, if we beat FSU and lose to VT, we still are likely to get an at large BCS if we win out and don't play in the ACCCG. (Beat FSU we're top 5 and a loss to a ranked VT only drops us 5-6 spots.)

If we lose to FSU and beat VT, we'll still likely have to beat FSU in the ACCCG to get to a BCS Bowl.

Last edited:
Correct. Beat fsu and lose to Vag Tech, and your chances of playing in the ACCCG are next to none. The only hope at that point would be if UVA fired London before the Vag Tech game and the team went on some crazy emotional crusade for their fallen corch and beat Vag Tech. I wouldn't like to count on that though.

Advertisement

The reason why this game has national title implications is because we beat Florida early on this season. We don't beat Florida, this game doesn't have national title implications.

I get your point. But the team probably figures Wake is the biggest game on the schedule right now.

Correct. Beat fsu and lose to Vag Tech, and your chances of playing in the ACCCG are next to none. The only hope at that point would be if UVA fired London before the Vag Tech game and the team went on some crazy emotional crusade for their fallen corch and beat Vag Tech. I wouldn't like to count on that though.

They would have to lose to 2 incompetent ACC teams for us to go to the ACCCG even if we BEAT FSU and lose to VT.

Advertisement

The reason why this game has national title implications is because we beat Florida early on this season. We don't beat Florida, this game doesn't have national title implications.

Technically that logic applies to all our games so far...if we lose any of those the same applies.

Still wouldn't hep. VT would have to lose 2 ACC games.

acc champ game appearance > beating fsu and not beating VT ... ideally we beat both though

Advertisement
I agree... We cannot afford to lose to VA Tech because once again they did not have to play Clemson OR FSU this season. They could stumble against BC and UVa, but in no way shape or form should we rely on that. The only solution to VA Tech is to beat them head-to-head.

Our biggest game of the year is the next team on the schedule. when you start trying to talk about which games means more you overlook the team that beats you and makes you look bad.

The schedule really smiled on us this year. Having them at home again is massive.

Advertisement
The schedule really smiled on us this year. Having them at home again is massive.

Great point, who knew when the schedules were done that it would work out this way. I'd be much much more worried if Miami had to go to the hills to play them.

@ByTimReynolds
Miami stat of the week. Hurricanes' opponents combined record so far: 14-27. Combined record of teams Miami has left to play: 27-13

The schedule only gets tougher.

@ByTimReynolds
Miami stat of the week. Hurricanes' opponents combined record so far: 14-27. Combined record of teams Miami has left to play: 27-13

And we should be getting better. We need to let the OL set the tone the rest of the season. Push people off the line and let the RB's make some plays.

@ByTimReynolds

Stats like that are retarded because one team that's 1-6 or something like that completely skews things. No one needs a stat to know that our 2 biggest games are ahead of us, but there's also plenty of drek left on the schedule just like there was in the first half of the season.

No one's dumb tweets will be able to change the fact that the uf.ag team that we actually played was an excellent team even though they eat sht now.

Advertisement
Back