Tears of happiness

It gave me chills. I think they need to pave their own way and build their own legacy and chants. Let the past go and let the new wave of great hurricanes run through that tunnel. The foundation is set.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1568638026003.png
:love:

Advertisement
This was the kickoff classic game in 1999 between the 12th-ranked Canes and 9th-ranked Buckeyes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ivey, hall, carter and blades only gonna get better. Can’t wait for the emergence of Smith and couch. By the end of the year we will all be excited about their progression

We have to hope that Bubba Bolden is the real deal and ready to go when he hits the field vs VT. Our safety play has been lacking so far, and good safety play elevates the level of the corners significantly.

If we can get above average or better play out of our safeties and stop giving up these 50 yard plays, the corners will look and play better, and people will be able to stop asking "where are the sacks?". The sacks come when everyone is covered and the opposing QB has to hold the ball or hesitate.

I hated what Baker said about the UNC 4th and 17 ("if 11 guys do their job it works", effing bull****), and I didn't particularly like the call either, but in general the complaints about the defensive philosophy, play calling, and game plan are overblown and don't recognize the truth. The truth is, we miss #4 and #22, and #26 has not yet played to the level that he needs to.

We have to hope that Bubba Bolden is the real deal and ready to go when he hits the field vs VT. Our safety play has been lacking so far, and good safety play elevates the level of the corners significantly.

If we can get above average or better play out of our safeties and stop giving up these 50 yard plays, the corners will look and play better, and people will be able to stop asking "where are the sacks?". The sacks come when everyone is covered and the opposing QB has to hold the ball or hesitate.

I hated what Baker said about the UNC 4th and 17 ("if 11 guys do their job it works", effing bull****), and I didn't particularly like the call either, but in general the complaints about the defensive philosophy, play calling, and game plan are overblown and don't recognize the truth. The truth is, we miss #4 and #22, and #26 has not yet played to the level that he needs to.
When I looked at the that 4th down play at UNC Baker was right. Bandy was freelancing on that deep out..idk why he wasn’t playing underneath. He lost track of the WR..but **** yea we miss 4 and 22. It’s about experience. Our guys are talented. They just need those live reps. Idk what Bubba will give us right away. Been a while since he has played football. I’m really disappointed in Garvin this year..looks slow and less athletic for some reason..we really missing 99 more that. We all thought. It doesn’t look like Garvin can be THAT GUY

When I looked at the that 4th down play at UNC Baker was right. Bandy was freelancing on that deep out..idk why he wasn’t playing underneath. He lost track of the WR..but **** yea we miss 4 and 22. It’s about experience. Our guys are talented. They just need those live reps. Idk what Bubba will give us right away. Been a while since he has played football. I’m really disappointed in Garvin this year..looks slow and less athletic for some reason..we really missing 99 more that. We all thought. It doesn’t look like Garvin can be THAT GUY

I hear you on Bandy, I still didn't like what Baker said, or the play call. I'm fine with the coaches calling out the players, but if you're gonna do that, then do it and tell us who didn't do their job and why. I'm sick and tired of "it takes all 11 to execute". Of course it does, coach. And it's your **** job to make sure that happens, and to call a play on 4th and 17 that doesn't require Mozart-level perfection to get a stop and win the **** game.

I'm less worried about Garvin. He's executing his assignments and he hasn't lost a step, to my eye. Going into the UNC game, I said our defensive game plan should have been exact same as UF, and our offensive game plan should have been to run the **** ball until they stopped us. We didn't do either, at least not until we were way behind. Point is, on defense, our game plan has been somewhat to use Garvin in a way that doesn't have him purely rushing up field. He'll look better in coming weeks. The emphasis on stopping the run and keeping contain on QB's in the pocket has worked, though. The sacks will come when we can cover someone.

Advertisement
Back