Teams Take on Coach's Personality

canetomm

Recruit
I truly believe teams take on the personality of their coaches. Richt is a nice, spiritual kinda guy who never says anything bad about anybody. He is a wonderful person and an awesome face for UM. However....you can figure out the rest. Does he have that killer instinct? JJ had it. Saban has it. Not sure if Butch had it, but he sure as **** recruited some dogs. Let's just hope Richt can recruit the right kids or else we will always be second-tier like he was at Georgia.

Advertisement
Yep they do. And our guys stayed calm and collected all year and finished 10-1 regular despite everything/everyone predicting otherwise.

I'll take a calm collected coach over a Brian Kelly any day of the week.

Did our players look emotionless to you all year? We were the opposite. Defense played like pack of animals all year, and the turnover chain was the juice. Offense was efficient and did enough to win 10 games.

Stop overreacting to 1 loss.

They **** themselves for one reason or another.

We didn't win 15 in a row with this QB and hardly any running game because Richt doesn't have that killer instinct.

Dabo lost to Syracuse and other teams lost to other scrubs.

He ****ed me off about pulling Malik but after cooling down. It just wasn't our day today. It very well could've not been our day a few times this year.

Surprised we won 10 this season with this offense.

I truly believe teams take on the personality of their coaches. Richt is a nice, spiritual kinda guy who never says anything bad about anybody. He is a wonderful person and an awesome face for UM. However....you can figure out the rest. Does he have that killer instinct? JJ had it. Saban has it. Not sure if Butch had it, but he sure as **** recruited some dogs. Let's just hope Richt can recruit the right kids or else we will always be second-tier like he was at Georgia.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Advertisement
It's amazing how 1 loss brings out so much dumb ****. Yeah it hurts but if my coach is 10-1 with a chance to make the playoffs in his second season then I'll take that any day. The same so called fans were praising this team just last week about how clutch they are. We sh*t the bed but its over with now so let's rally and stomp a hole in Clemson and shut everyone the *** up!

It's amazing how 1 loss brings out so much dumb ****. Yeah it's hurts but if my coach is 10-1 with a chance to make the playoffs in his second season then I'll take that any day. The same so called fans were praising this team jist last week about how clutch they are. We sh*t the bed but its ovet with now so let's rally and stomp a hole in Clemson and shut everyone the *** up!

This. Many of these asshats have become the exact same fans we were making fun of at Georgia as late as yesterday! Its unbelievable how stupid people are.

Get ahold of yourself - we lost because our QB played like a junior high kid today. This team has fire and attitude and all the rah rah bs you are talking about. This is a 28 point win if the QB completes 2 deep balls as it opens everything up.

Stop looking for answers and accept that we lost because we didn’t execute. Richt took a program that was bleeding everywhere to 10-1. Sure it should be 11-0, but be thankful for what this Man has done for the program; today and to the future.

Advertisement
Agree.

CMR is poised, experienced, and prepared. He also seems fun-loving and a little bit ****y. And he’s a winner.

I'll take Richt & our struggles on Offense all day over what we've had the past 15 years.

He's a **** good Coach & has us playing in the ACCCG in his 2nd year with an average at best QB & a lack of depth at RB & TE.

If we're being honest, he's actually a year ahead of schedule. I didn't believe we would go undefeated this year, but I did think we would win the Coastal.

I been saying since last year that we would win a natty for the 2018 season, this season isn't even over yet & I'm still confident we win #6 next year.

I'm with Richt 100%, this one loss doesn't change anything, other than how we prepare for Clemson.

Advertisement
Dabo Swinney is a bible thumper and like the nicest guy of all time. What’s your point?

Dabo has tons of killer instinct. He routinely blows teams out.

I like Richt....I just think there’s more to our slow starts against inferior competition. He had the same problem at Georgia.

We can win with him...we just need to make the easy games.....easy.

I'll take Richt & our struggles on Offense all day over what we've had the past 15 years.

He's a **** good Coach & has us playing in the ACCCG in his 2nd year with an average at best QB & a lack of depth at RB & TE.

If we're being honest, he's actually a year ahead of schedule. I didn't believe we would go undefeated this year, but I did think we would win the Coastal.

I been saying since last year that we would win a natty for the 2018 season, this season isn't even over yet & I'm still confident we win #6 next year.

I'm with Richt 100%, this one loss doesn't change anything, other than how we prepare for Clemson.

First post - typical bandwagon um fam - please do us a favor and jump off

Nothing harder than winning on the road in college football
- ask Clemson
- ask Ohio state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richt gets the credit for 10-0. He gets the blame for 10-1.

Don't be snowflakes. Team wasn't prepared today. Thats all there is to it.

Clemson is all that matters now.

Advertisement
Get a decent ST coach and a real QB... Richt will take us to the NC game; we just overachieved this year!!

First post - typical bandwagon um fam - please do us a favor and jump off

Nothing harder than winning on the road in college football
- ask Clemson
- ask Ohio state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This comment couldn't have been for me right?

Bandwagon? Are you ****** crazy... I've been a fan since I was 4 years old, my whole family is Canes fans.

My comment was clearly in support of Richt, what you said doesn't even apply to what I was saying.

I put the blame on this loss on Richt, as I do the victories. And I agree with everything in this post.

I can think Richt has done an amazing job thus far and still say he sh*t the bed this game. It happens to the best.

What I will be watching for now is how the team - coaches on down - respond.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back