Team

You could say the same thing about UVA they had a solid offense atleast last year. Now they are complete trash. I see what your saying but we literally broke TVD. I don't think he was a first rounder like he was projected but now he doesn't look like he has a shot at the NFL.

Advertisement
You’re probably right in terms of numbers, it’s an easier offense for kids to learn.

I still don’t think the kids are good, it’s merely an offense to mask their deficiencies. It would work against the teams we should be beating (Duke, UNC, etc.) but not against real football teams. And even then, we still only went 7-5 last year and we’re a few bounces from something like 4-8.

Regardless, Mario has to nail the next OC hire or he’s in hot water.
We had two blowout losses to msu and bama last year, and 3 close losses. I’ll take that over blowout, humiliating losses to mtsu and duke. And more are on the way…

oh and if you want to go down that road, we’re a couple bounces from losing to tech last week, and being winless against fbs teams, and on a 5 game losing streak

We had two blowout losses to msu and bama last year, and 3 close losses. I’ll take that over blowout, humiliating losses to mtsu and duke. And more are on the way…

oh and if you want to go down that road, we’re a couple bounces from losing to tech last week, and being winless against fbs teams, and on a 5 game losing streak
It's just a mentally weak team which is interesting considering how much Mario talks about toughness. We looked solid in the VA tech and Duke the game at one point. Soon as adversity hits its a wrap for this team.

A lot of wide open receivers missed by the QB. A lot of wide open receivers dropping passes. A lot of fumbles in key moments.

Don’t just follow the narratives. Really look at what’s going on. The guys on this roster are not that good.
How good does the roster have to be to overcome the coaching and only lose by one score to middle Tennessee. I need an objective measure on this? I’m thinking at least 4 five star guys on each side of the ball to keep the margin of loose single digit.

Advertisement
How good does the roster have to be to overcome the coaching and only lose by one score to middle Tennessee. I need an objective measure on this? I’m thinking at least 4 five star guys on each side of the ball to keep the margin of loose single digit.
Did you watch the MTSU game?? They physically were dominating us. They were running right by our best corners 😂. Our talent is not good bro.

First we have to stop judging talent by stars and start judging by what they do on the field.

Funny how people will say this, but refuse to admit this was Manny's team for the past three seasons—a team that had no discipline, dealt with no repercussions from their actions and was playing this brand of football.

Manny left Miami in horrible shape and Mario is paying the price; Mario left Oregon in fantastic shape and Dan Lanning is reaping the rewards.

You really think if Cristobal was in Eugene this year his Ducks look anything like this abortion of a team?

How come the program he was building for the past four years—we're not saying THAT is the team that takes on that traits of its coach?

We're looking at this trash team he inherited and turning that into some, "See, this guy sucks" argument when his resume in Eugene says otherwise.

Manny Diaz built this current team that Mario Cristobal is now trying to coach in 2022.

A betting man could assume this roster is going to look night and day different in 2023 to start solving this problem—as the not buying in crowd will be gone.

Manny failed his players by allowing them to break team rules and stull let them play...zero accountability. Now a guy comes in who doesn't play that mess and its ruffling feathers.

Totally true. What’s the one constant between last year’s almost 5-7 season and this year’s terrible team though?

Regardless, yes coaching has been abysmal. Expected better.

Advertisement
Manny failed his players by allowing them to break team rules and stull let them play...zero accountability. Now a guy comes in who doesn't play that mess and its ruffling feathers.
Maybe that's the difference. The clay was more moldable at Duke, where the expectations were low to begin with, egos were not as great, and perhaps the culture was already set with accountability under Cutcliffe, versus some of our veteran players.

Advertisement
Maybe that's the difference. The clay was more moldable at Duke, where the expectations were low to begin with, egos were not as great, and perhaps the culture was already set with accountability under Cutcliffe, versus some of our veteran players.

Mario is gonna have to melt this thing to less than zero and build it up. I stand with him in this.

Funny how people will say this, but refuse to admit this was Manny's team for the past three seasons—a team that had no discipline, dealt with no repercussions from their actions and was playing this brand of football.

Manny left Miami in horrible shape and Mario is paying the price; Mario left Oregon in fantastic shape and Dan Lanning is reaping the rewards.

You really think if Cristobal was in Eugene this year his Ducks look anything like this abortion of a team?

How come the program he was building for the past four years—we're not saying THAT is the team that takes on that traits of its coach?

We're looking at this trash team he inherited and turning that into some, "See, this guy sucks" argument when his resume in Eugene says otherwise.

Manny Diaz built this current team that Mario Cristobal is now trying to coach in 2022.

A betting man could assume this roster is going to look night and day different in 2023 to start solving this problem—as the not buying in crowd will be gone.
Oregon is better with Lanning then they were with Mario. That’s a problem.

Just a thought but at this point if your a player that is injured and worth a **** and can get an extra year if they don't return I would keep them out the rest of the year.this season is so screwed it won't matter who returns.

Advertisement
This is such an understated and underrated world view of the Canes. Lost in the anger from the losses piling up--and I get it, though I am moreso numb at this point--is the laying of blame at CMCs feet when these athletes are trash and/or were coached up to be trash since coming here. Manny was a huge setback for this program and many of us who might have been giving him his opportunity to show he could win here are just finding out how terrible he truly was. We are slowly getting trickles of information every now and then about what it was like to be a college athlete under the stewardship of Diaz--usually through a slip of tongue or some similar vector and it news ain't good.

How did you feel when you found out Canes we're late to practice and still getting starts? Or when QBs and WRs didn't make an effort to ball with each other? That's some sad **** man. Some of this has been going on for years and no one thought to correct it or instill discipline. Now, Cristobal has got to correct 4th and 5th year athletes who have only known a ****** coach who never had discipline and accountability as a core value. I liken it to a step-parent that chose to enter into a situation of helping a spouse parent a 12 year who had a ****** father or mother all their life. Now they are trying to help them kids get their **** together and graduate but they already have bad habits that are tough to break.

Even if we have some turnover, the residue of failure and complacency will be on every new recruit for some time. CMC is going to have to be in livingrooms telling recruits that the current roster is busted and they are the future of the program, that we're just running out the clock until our current roster grades out. I think CMC is the guy to turn it around; maybe he's up for it--time will tell. Once Mark Helfrich started losing the Chip Kelly recruits and the losses followed then Willie Taggart continued with the mediocrity, Cristobal gets credit for coming in and starting a winning tradition there--one that Dan Lanning is enjoying at least for one more year before he starts running out of CMC recruits and has to fend for himself. We'll see what happens with Oregon Football in 2024. CMC did it there, he can do it here but he has to give himself a mulligan on the OC hire and encourage some of these guys on current roster to head to Temple or UT Memphis.

Advertisement
Back