Team

ssvir

Sophomore
Premium
We are 5-1-1 in outgaining our opponent in yards.

It has been a full team effort to have such a horrible record thus far.

- Red zone offense and special teams lost to aTM

- Turnovers and defense lost to MTSU

- Redzone and turnovers sucked against UNC

- Penalties almost caused loss to VT

- Turnovers caused loss to Duke

Basically just a low football IQ team that can’t execute simple things at the most inopportune times.

Not really sure how to fix stupid coaching and low football IQ players other than a LOT of turnover.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
imagine if this team went to the sec that would be pure comedy.we would maybe give vandy a good fight and hopefully we can keep bc and famu on our non conference schedule we kinda got their number but we would lose every game by 30.maybe we should think about conference USA I really think we can at least be 3rd or 4th every year

What’s The old adage that the Team takes on the traits of their coach?

Funny how people will say this, but refuse to admit this was Manny's team for the past three seasons—a team that had no discipline, dealt with no repercussions from their actions and was playing this brand of football.

Manny left Miami in horrible shape and Mario is paying the price; Mario left Oregon in fantastic shape and Dan Lanning is reaping the rewards.

You really think if Cristobal was in Eugene this year his Ducks look anything like this abortion of a team?

How come the program he was building for the past four years—we're not saying THAT is the team that takes on that traits of its coach?

We're looking at this trash team he inherited and turning that into some, "See, this guy sucks" argument when his resume in Eugene says otherwise.

Manny Diaz built this current team that Mario Cristobal is now trying to coach in 2022.

A betting man could assume this roster is going to look night and day different in 2023 to start solving this problem—as the not buying in crowd will be gone.

Funny how people will say this, but refuse to admit this was Manny's team for the past three seasons—a team that had no discipline, dealt with no repercussions from their actions and was playing this brand of football.

Manny left Miami in horrible shape and Mario is paying the price; Mario left Oregon in fantastic shape and Dan Lanning is reaping the rewards.

You really think if Cristobal was in Eugene this year his Ducks look anything like this abortion of a team?

How come the program he was building for the past four years—we're not saying THAT is the team that takes on that traits of its coach?

We're looking at this trash team he inherited and turning that into some, "See, this guy sucks" argument when his resume in Eugene says otherwise.

Manny Diaz built this current team that Mario Cristobal is now trying to coach in 2022.

A betting man could assume this roster is going to look night and day different in 2023 to start solving this problem—as the not buying in crowd will be gone.
translation: Mario needs a disproportionate talent advantage to overcome his decided schematic disadvantage

What's Alonzo's role again? Unreal.

Now we're blaming Alonzo, too. Hilarious.

Since you asked:

"As general manager of football operations, Highsmith will work directly with Cristobal to support all administrative functions of the football program, including budget related items, culture building, program imaging, and working directly with staff members both on and off the field. He will also serve as a liaison between the administration and football program, serve as a liaison between former Miami players and staff, assist with scouting and roster assessment and supervise NFL relations."

How does a current crop of Diaz-led pretenders and jokers have anything to do with that role.

Pretty safe his "roster assessment" would be that there are few dogs on this team and that Mario need to send half of this squad packing in the off-season, while hitting the Portal for kids who want to play football.

Advertisement
translation: Mario needs a disproportionate talent advantage to overcome his decided schematic disadvantage

"Disproportionate" no, but more talent than he currently has.

You act as if he didn't built those rosters in Oregon and that he needs some loaded team to fall out of the sky.

Great, he's not Lincoln Riley who it comes to schematics. Did anyone every say he was that guy? No he's always been a culture guy, which is how he build and loads his rosters.

He currently has a team full of guys that don't buy-in and liked the country club ways of Manolo; no repercussion for actions. Miss curfew, start games as he was scared guys would bail on him.

The result is a lot of dysfunctional football players here in 2022 that are playing some embarrassingly bad football.

Advertisement
It's just a product of square peg round hole. I guarantee you alot of our players would look atleast solid In the spread offense that they were recruited to play in.
You’re probably right in terms of numbers, it’s an easier offense for kids to learn.

I still don’t think the kids are good, it’s merely an offense to mask their deficiencies. It would work against the teams we should be beating (Duke, UNC, etc.) but not against real football teams. And even then, we still only went 7-5 last year and we’re a few bounces from something like 4-8.

Regardless, Mario has to nail the next OC hire or he’s in hot water.

But we went 7-5 last year…
I don't think Rhett is a legit offensive coordinator I think he's solid. After watching Tennessee if your decent you can atleast scheme people open. Even Rhett being average as he is was able to scheme Mallory and Knighton open here and there. Have we schemed anyone open this year. Seems like the only play that gets me excited now is Jacurri coming in to do the wildcat.

"Disproportionate" no, but more talent than he currently has.

You act as if he didn't built those rosters in Oregon and that he needs some loaded team to fall out of the sky.

Great, he's not Lincoln Riley who it comes to schematics. Did anyone every say he was that guy? No he's always been a culture guy, which is how he build and loads his rosters.

He currently has a team full of guys that don't buy-in and liked the country club ways of Manolo; no repercussion for actions. Miss curfew, start games as he was scared guys would bail on him.

The result is a lot of dysfunctional football players here in 2022 that are playing some embarrassingly bad football.
Jesus Christ. Oregon is doing better with him gone and a bum QB than he did with a NFL first rounder. He’s not Lincoln Riley? He’s not Jimbo ******* fisher. His offenses suck. Period. Not just here at every stop.

Hopefully he realizes he needs a guy who can scheme a passing game that works with his strength - OL development. He hasn’t found that yet. I give the guy a pass this year for roster but even a “program builder” is accountable for terrible hires and failure to turn around a locker room.

If he runs off TVD,which seems likely, god help us.

Advertisement
I don't think Rhett is a legit offensive coordinator I think he's solid. After watching Tennessee if your decent you can atleast scheme people open. Even Rhett being average as he is was able to scheme Mallory and Knighton open here and there. Have we schemed anyone open this year. Seems like the only play that gets me excited now is Jacurri coming in to do the wildcat.
We schemed open a lot of guys on the other team for 80 yard plus back breakers

You’re probably right in terms of numbers, it’s an easier offense for kids to learn.

I still don’t think the kids are good, it’s merely an offense to mask their deficiencies. It would work against the teams we should be beating (Duke, UNC, etc.) but not against real football teams. And even then, we still only went 7-5 last year and we’re a few bounces from something like 4-8.

Regardless, Mario has to nail the next OC hire or he’s in hot water.
It's just after following Miami for 20 years I can't believe that as many blue chips we get every one of them are busts. I'm not good at math but we have to be at less then a 10% hit with identifying the right blue chip if that's the case. Not saying they should all be stars but for them to actually regress and look like they never played foot ball before is insane.

A lot of wide open receivers missed by the QB. A lot of wide open receivers dropping passes. A lot of fumbles in key moments.

Don’t just follow the narratives. Really look at what’s going on. The guys on this roster are not that good.

Advertisement
Back