Team Toughness

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
One of the major complaints I’ve had with this program over the last 20 years is the lack of toughness, both physically and mentally.

While I think the co-ordinators were trash last year, I think we were physically over matched and would crumble with any adversity,

There were a lot of injuries last year, but I think a lot of the had to do with the soft practices we had before and the players bodies not prepared for the physicality that Mario was demanding.

Even looking at the players he’s bringing in, they aren’t just talented but have certain body types as well as work ethic and a love of the game.

This season I want to see them fight every play and to the last whistle. This game will be a good test for where we are as a program. I hope that we come out and punch them in the mouth like old school Canes teams.

Advertisement

Advertisement
The mental side is a big factor. I look at last year when Tyrique Stevenson fumbled the punt and ATM scored after. It seemed like everything went downhill after that. The team just gave up and said we can't win this game. Mistakes happen in football and the good teams can bounce back after a bad mistake. This team can't quit after one mistake anymore.

One of the major complaints I’ve had with this program over the last 20 years is the lack of toughness, both physically and mentally.

While I think the co-ordinators were trash last year, I think we were physically over matched and would crumble with any adversity,

There were a lot of injuries last year, but I think a lot of the had to do with the soft practices we had before and the players bodies not prepared for the physicality that Mario was demanding.

Even looking at the players he’s bringing in, they aren’t just talented but have certain body types as well as work ethic and a love of the game.

This season I want to see them fight every play and to the last whistle. This game will be a good test for where we are as a program. I hope that we come out and punch them in the mouth like old school Canes teams.
MTSU, Duke, Pitt, and UNC physically overmatched us..
Russell Westbrook Reaction GIF by NBA

I do agree with the rest though 😂

Advertisement
I know everyone is fascinated with the skill players on both sides of the ball. However, the game hasn't changed. You win at being physical and stronger at the line of scrimmage. I agree, I'm encouraged at what I saw from the OL. DL still needs a little more work, but it's getting there.

Advertisement
Just find a way to get it done tomorrow. There are games on the schedule that will be considered a tall order and victory unlikely but this game in my opinion aint in that category. And it will have a major impact on the trajectory of the season.!

Think I heard a lowkey shoutout to Ragone - walk on reference. Saw him late in the 2nd half vs. MOH - lol. love it.

Advertisement
Three things I'm very confident about regarding Mario:

1. He'll work his *** off to get Miami back to an elite level
2. He'll recruit players who are tough as nails and have great attitudes
3. He'll give the local media a giant middle finger
+1

Hopefully, it translates to wins. The season starts Saturday…buckle up boys.

Injuries decimated the team and the coordinators, particularly Gattia sucked. I seen them go to College Station and fight, i saw fight at Clemson. After we got decimated were not even a decent team anymore. When things go bad, everything can be questioned.

Don’t discount the benefit of bringing in some of these transfers (Lee and Cohen) who were players at very successful programs and who know what football practices and games are supposed to look like. Huge upgrade in mentality and steering the younger players in what preparation is supposed to look like.
Agree with your general point.

However, UCF is a very successful program that is a model for what practices and games are supposed to look like? Man, **** that delusional place.

Agree with your general point.

However, UCF is a very successful program that is a model for what practices and games are supposed to look like? Man, **** that delusional place.
Matt Lee played in Gus Malzahn’s offense at UCF which is ……the same offense Miami ran in 2020-2021.

Advertisement
Back