Team status update

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
We know that the FSU game has been moved to October 7th and Georgia Tech to October 14th.

As I reported last week, the school sent a group of about 30 players up to Orlando to stay for the storm. They are still up there and the players have been told that they will not go back to Miami until campus is cleared for classes to resume. Right now, school admin is saying campus will open next Monday at the earliest with a chance that it takes even longer than that.

The football admin and coaches have a plan in place right now to get the remainder of the team to Orlando in case they need to practice up there for Toledo week.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Practice for FSU week? What about Toledo week? Is that game in jeopardy of not being played also?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Practice for FSU week? What about Toledo week? Is that game in jeopardy of not being played also?

No it's not, the stadium is ready to be played in also other teams are playing in the state this weekend too. If our players were all in 1 area like uf had their players then the fsu game possibly would have been played this week too. However It is better to be safe than sorry as far as our players evacuating from south Florida. Glad everyone seems to be okay

Last edited:
Advertisement

No it's not, the stadium is ready to be played in also other teams are playing in the state this weekend too. If our players were all in 1 area like uf had their players then the fsu game possibly would have been played this week too. We will get fsu oct 7 though

lol

No it's not, the stadium is ready to be played in also other teams are playing in the state this weekend too. If our players were all in 1 area like uf had their players then the fsu game possibly would have been played this week too. It is better to be safe than sorry as far as our players evacuating from south Florida.

I'm sure the South Florida sellouts would have loved being with their family's during this experience. Another reason for kids to stay in Miami.

Advertisement

No it's not, the stadium is ready to be played in also other teams are playing in the state this weekend too. If our players were all in 1 area like uf had their players then the fsu game possibly would have been played this week too. It is better to be safe than sorry as far as our players evacuating from south Florida.

I'm sure the South Florida sellouts would have loved being with their family's during this experience. Another reason for kids to stay in Miami.

True

No it's not, the stadium is ready to be played in also other teams are playing in the state this weekend too. If our players were all in 1 area like uf had their players then the fsu game possibly would have been played this week too. However It is better to be safe than sorry as far as our players evacuating from south Florida. Glad everyone seems to be okay

Yeah Broke. Gainesville is so close to the water and vulnerable like half these kids and ALL of these coaches are/were with the location of their homes. Stop chiming in with idiotic bull****. FSU game wasn't happening no matter where the kids are. School is freaking closed, Good grief man, get a grip.

Short week for prep. Oh, well it is what it is. Good thing our D is pretty solidified and has plenty of experience bc that'll be what's most important.

Advertisement
Orlando has a lot of power outages and downed trees, but we fared better than Coral Gables.

Go Canes

[video=youtube_share;THJ2dPcB2Io]https://youtu.be/THJ2dPcB2Io[/video]

Last edited:

***** the players families let's just play FSU this week! No need to be home. No need to be there for the emotional support. UCF canceled their game this week as well.

We know that the FSU game has been moved to October 7th and Georgia Tech to October 14th.

As I reported last week, the school sent a group of about 30 players up to Orlando to stay for the storm. They are still up there and the players have been told that they will not go back to Miami until campus is cleared for classes to resume. Right now, school admin is saying campus will open next Monday at the earliest with a chance that it takes even longer than that.

The football admin and coaches have a plan in place right now to get the remainder of the team to Orlando in case they need to practice up there for Toledo week.

Man, this possible scenario is going to HURT Miami more than Cane fandom wants to admit! hUh. Because there's no place like home,i.e., familiar surroundings and such and such. dUh.

Talk about the irony of ironies. A natural born hurricane COULD mess up the entire season for the Hurricanes. Ouch.

Advertisement
Back