Team status update

View as article
Team should be practicing.

Whether its on campus or in Orlando, its time to get things going again.

It's Thursday.

If they do some conditioning and film work on Sunday and are back in pads on Monday then how is that different from any normal game week?

Advertisement
Considering they'll play 10 straight weeks with no bye weeks beginning 9/23, I'm not sure they need to be in a hurry. As long as they get a few practices in before Toledo they should be fine. It's not THAT much time off.

Serious question:

Do we need the entire campus to be cleared just to have football practice?
Do we need the liberal arts dept to have power for us to hold outdoor football practice?

I'm legitimately curious as to what conditions need to be set prior to us figuring out a way to find an open field SOMEWHERE and get some work in. You don't need a bunch of high tech devices and full support staff to run basic football drills/conditioning.

Not trolling, genuinely curious as to exactly/specifically what they are waiting for. Hopefully they aren't waiting for the perfect/100% solution.

Safety first, you hooligan! I saw a stray twig in the corner of one of the endzones on Greentree. Step on one of those and roll an ankle then come back and talk to me.

You Neanderthal scum so bent on watching football when there's a stray twig in the corner of an endzone that poses an imminent threat to the welfare of our children and their families should be ashamed of yourselves. UM needs to call in a twig remediation company. Football last.

Advertisement
Team should be practicing.

Whether its on campus or in Orlando, its time to get things going again.

Country has become as soft as baby ****

Starting with people like you who lose their schit when young men in tight pants aren't doing choreographed movements for your entertainment.

You keep talking about young men in tight pants. Mat drills are at the downtown Y. 5:30 AM sharpish.

It's your kind of party. Trust me.

You keep talking about young men in tight pants. Mat drills are at the downtown Y. 5:30 AM sharpish.

It's your kind of party. Trust me.

The fact that you know about it and cared enough to advertise it seems to indicate that it's your kind of party.

Well no schit sherlock.

Who do you think opens the doors that early in the morning?

Advertisement
Serious question:

Do we need the liberal arts dept to have power for us to hold outdoor football practice?

I'm legitimately curious as to what conditions need to be set prior to us figuring out a way to find an open field SOMEWHERE and get some work in. You don't need a bunch of high tech devices and full support staff to run basic football drills/conditioning.

Not trolling, genuinely curious as to exactly/specifically what they are waiting for. Hopefully they aren't waiting for the perfect/100% solution.

I have no idea what criteria they are going by.
One thing I would imagine is power in the dorms? I don't know how much of the team is on campus and living I the dorms right now.
Don't know if that's even an issue but that would be my guess.

I told yall this season is a big asterisk. I ain't going to any games. Call me any name you want. I'm watching pro football. I'm not watching Miami this year. And by the way **** all yall who neg I wouldn't hang w none of you soft ******* s anyway.

Lol what

This dude's been doing this **** for at least 2 days now. He's bailing on the Canes until December to focus all of his football attention on the pro game.

AMF

Serious question:

One thing I would imagine is power in the dorms? I don't know how much of the team is on campus and living I the dorms right now.

Having power in the dorms or the locker room shouldn't be an issue. These aren't kids, they're robots.

Serious question:

Those were my thoughts as well. Housing and food would be my guess why they aren't able to practice on campus. A majority of the players live on campus and get their nutrition through school resources. Seeing that the campus probably doesn't have power or staff to support these functions is a likely reason for the delay in practice.

Advertisement
One thing they might need is to have all the players in one place. Getting back into town hasn't been easy.

Also, as of this morning there is no power.

Emergency services must also be accessible - that's an actual legal requirement.

Not making excuses, I'd much rather have them practicing, but I think there are numerous logistical issues. Organized practices need to meet certain standards.

I'm assuming that Rick and the coaches are on top of this trying to get this show going ASAP. I'd be willing to bet they're anxious to get started and numerous factors outside of their control, as mentioned, are slowing things up.

Official: team will practice at Wide World of Sports for Toledo week

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Serious question:

Having power in the dorms or the locker room shouldn't be an issue. These aren't kids, they're robots.

Can we get an official Rok list of all the things that need to be in place before we resume football operations?

Advertisement
Back