Team on a Break?

I may be in the minority here, but I really think that this is the only way to get ahead in any industry. I'm not suggesting that one work himself to death on a given day, but just that everyone working in their career industry should have sense of urgency and something to prove.
Grant Cardone said feed the beast

Advertisement
I think you give everyone too much credit. Highly doubt any coach on this staff is looking the 2020 season as if the rest of their career depends on it. That macro-level of thinking doesn't seem to penetrate the one-at-a-time approach taken in sports.

I would guess it's simply the reality of being in a five-month lockdown and trying to walk the straight and narrow right now to ensure this season doesn't go off the rails.

Everyone's lives are upside down right now. For every coach that is usually knee-deep in fall ball right now—these guys are now more bogged down than ever with life away from football; quarantined wives trying to run a home, kids out of school / home schooling / socially distanced at school, et al.

All those coaches who used to get a pass to live, breathe, eat and sleep football 24/7 this time of year—sleeping in their offices, doing the bare minimum family-wise—would think they're all burning it at both ends right now, based on the state of things.
Agreed, considering the circumstances. However, from an outside perspective they seem pretty focused. Just a sense I get based on the recruiting success and the way the players have responded. This season is a wash anyway, but I think they will be more prepared than most teams.

He being silent cause he about to open a 55 gallon drum of Whoop A$$ on the ACC and the domers too. They are not in the ACC as far as I am concerned, why we didn't leave them out to dry is beyond me. Should have let them crawl to the $EC or Big 12.
We. Need. The. Money.

Sources tell me that the team is just getting sized up for championship rings and making travel plans for the ACC and playoffs. They just want to be like R Kelly and keep it on the down low.

Advertisement
Only one person can figure out the mystery of the closed practise...
dd7a2613ea40ee7f6a748533f53448e3.jpg

Closed practices....

A purported scrimmage on Saturday night with no stats or interviews....

The UM website publishes photos of backups playing in shells...

The insiders on this site have been very quiet...

Hundreds (nobody knows the real number cuz the school scrubbed the data) of students test positive with videos of freshman attending off-campus parties...

The University President gets roasted on CNN because he is unwilling or doesn't know the number of students who tested positive and would not provide details...

UM supporters like Vishnu on Twitter asking questions about why the University's COVID dashboard keeps changing historical counts...

Hmm....

Clearly, there must be a massive ´Rona outbreak spreading throughout the team impacting every significant starter and the season is now doomed! 😱🤓

Of course not...but it's a slow day and everyone loves a good conspiracy theory!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back