Team on a Break?

Advertisement
I do think it's weird with Covid that we're hearing NADA. I mean, Patke tweets out about a commit coming. But not even a peep about Fall camp? If Manny is able to control access that well, he should be nominated for CIA director.

Snitch GIF by memecandy

Advertisement
Who knows. Or maybe the coaching staff is really starting to take the season seriously, and they don’t want anything getting out, they are very close to game planning and installation time.

At some point, it has to hit them, that through all the turbulence and doubt, this season is actually going to be played.

Which means there are basically dozens of coaching jobs at stake this year.

This staff has a razor thin margin of error. They can not afford fūckups this season.

If it was me, I’d be keeping my mouth shut and bearing down concentrating on installing game plans, and making sure that there is focus and preparation, if I were them. Especially if the rest of my career depended on it.

Just a thought.

Who knows. Or maybe the coaching staff is really starting to take the season seriously, and they don’t want anything getting out, they are right at game planning time.

At some point, it has to hit them, that through all the turbulence and doubt, this season is going to really be played.

Which means thete are basically dozens of coaching jobs at stake this year.

This staff has a razor thin margin of error. they can afford minimal fūckups this season.

If it was me, I’d be keeping my mouth shut and bearing down concentrating on installing game plans, and making sure that that was the focus preparation, if I were them. Especially if the rest of my career depended on it.

Just a thought.
i fully agree with all of this

Who knows. Or maybe the coaching staff is really starting to take the season seriously, and they don’t want anything getting out, they are very close to game planning and installation time.

At some point, it has to hit them, that through all the turbulence and doubt, this season is actually going to be played.

Which means there are basically dozens of coaching jobs at stake this year.

This staff has a razor thin margin of error. They can not afford fūckups this season.

If it was me, I’d be keeping my mouth shut and bearing down concentrating on installing game plans, and making sure that there is focus and preparation, if I were them. Especially if the rest of my career depended on it.

Just a thought.

I think you give everyone too much credit. Highly doubt any coach on this staff is looking the 2020 season as if the rest of their career depends on it. That macro-level of thinking doesn't seem to penetrate the one-at-a-time approach taken in sports.

I would guess it's simply the reality of being in a five-month lockdown and trying to walk the straight and narrow right now to ensure this season doesn't go off the rails.

Everyone's lives are upside down right now. For every coach that is usually knee-deep in fall ball right now—these guys are now more bogged down than ever with life away from football; quarantined wives trying to run a home, kids out of school / home schooling / socially distanced at school, et al.

All those coaches who used to get a pass to live, breathe, eat and sleep football 24/7 this time of year—sleeping in their offices, doing the bare minimum family-wise—would think they're all burning it at both ends right now, based on the state of things.

Advertisement
I think you give everyone too much credit. Highly doubt any coach on this staff is looking the 2020 season as if the rest of their career depends on it. That macro-level of thinking doesn't seem to penetrate the one-at-a-time approach taken in sports.

I would guess it's simply the reality of being in a five-month lockdown and trying to walk the straight and narrow right now to ensure this season doesn't go off the rails.

Everyone's lives are upside down right now. For every coach that is usually knee-deep in fall ball right now—these guys are now more bogged down than ever with life away from football; quarantined wives trying to run a home, kids out of school / home schooling / socially distanced at school, et al.

All those coaches who used to get a pass to live, breathe, eat and sleep football 24/7 this time of year—sleeping in their offices, doing the bare minimum family-wise—would think they're all burning it at both ends right now, based on the state of things.
After last year, I don't believe any coach that's been retained, including Manny himself, thinks that.

Last edited:

I can only speculate as to anyone‘s state of mind.

All I can say is that if I was Manny, or even most of the coaching staff, I would certainly have a sense of urgency - as if the rest of my career depended on it. Because in my opinion, it most certainly does.

For most of these guys, but especially Manny, the trajectory of their coaching career will depend on what happens this season, I would think some of them at least would be smart enough to realize that .

Manny was on thin Ice after last year so I do believe this year will be key for him. One reason will be to keep his recruiting class alive and signed. Wins and losses will determine a lot of that. You lose games and start losing recruits and you never know what may happen. Our offensive staff has been overhauled twice in two years. Manny hand picked it last year. I think he got it right this time with Lashlee so I am very optimistic for this seasons success when you factor in King and the D will be strong again.

I can only speculate as to anyone‘s state of mind.

All I can say is that if I was Manny, or even most of the coaching staff, I would certainly have a sense of urgency - as if the rest of my career depended on it. Because in my opinion, it most certainly does.

For most of these guys, but especially Manny, the trajectory of their coaching career will depend on what happens this season, I would think some of them at least would be smart enough to realize that .
I may be in the minority here, but I really think that this is the only way to get ahead in any industry. I'm not suggesting that one work himself to death on a given day, but just that everyone working in their career industry should have sense of urgency and something to prove.

Advertisement
I may be in the minority here, but I really think that this is the only way to get ahead in any industry. I'm not suggesting that one work himself to death on a given day, but just that everyone working in their career industry should have sense of urgency and something to prove.

You’re not in the minority of people that are successful.

Advertisement
He being silent cause he about to open a 55 gallon drum of Whoop A$$ on the ACC and the domers too. They are not in the ACC as far as I am concerned, why we didn't leave them out to dry is beyond me. Should have let them crawl to the $EC or Big 12.

Yeah, CIA Director salary is less than $200K a year, last I checked. Manny makes, what, north of $4M?
Yeah but Manny don't live in a world with warehouses full of trunk loads of cash to hand out to the friendlies, to keep them that way - nobody misses 6 or 10 of those, all part of the built in cost of covert opeartions.

Advertisement
Back