Team hasn't shown up once for a big game under Golden.

Advertisement
Team showed up fine. They got a whooping by a better team. Talent took over in the 2nd half. We had a chance to make a couple plays to keep the score closer but didn't.

I knew we didn't have a chance but I was hoping for a loss under 10 points. I'm still ****ed. I'm doubting that we will ever be elite again.

35.gif

Advertisement
Florida has better players than we do. Good enough to outscore Georgia 17-0 in the second half yesterday. Does anyone actually believe we are capable of defeating Georgia by 17 points over 30 minutes?

I certainly wouldn't want to replay that Florida game. It was a huge defining game that allows me to laugh at the Gators for years if not decades. Almost every day I see a Gator Mom license plate while driving in Miami. I'm allowed to chuckle out loud thanks to 21-16. Thank you Al Golden.

It's true we caught Ohio State and Florida at home when both of them had major issues at quarterback. No apologies. We had issues everywhere on the roster, along with that big cloud that has recently passed.

I'm thrilled we defeated Georgia Tech. That's another game I wouldn't want to replay, especially with Duke not on the field. Everyone loves to pick on Paul Johnson when he has a bad half of football in a televised game, but then there are predictable crickets when he mauls Syracuse 56-0 or handles Pittsburgh 21-10. Georgia Tech is not a bad team, certainly closer to our level than we are to Florida State. As I posted at the time, we're not coming back from 24-7 deficit against Georgia Tech, and during that second quarter it was very close to being that score.

Advertisement
Didn't we beat * like his 2nd game?

They ended up to be just as bad as us that year. I don't count a game versus a 6 loss team as a big game even though it looked that way at the time. FLA win was in the same realm this year.

You said show up for a big game. When the game was played they were a Top 10 team and the game was a sellout and it was a primetime game and we showed up and kicked their ***. I'd call that showing up.

When was the first "big" game Miami showed up for under Butch Davis? the UCLA game in Davis' 4th year? Some of you guys are ridiculous.

The team came off of probation though. Other than one year. we still fielded good teams(3 losses or less)This era of Canes football is 2X worse as back then.

And this team has had an NCAA cloud hanging over it for all 3 years. They had 12 players suspended anywhere from 1-6 games his first year, and 3 players thrown off the team due to their ties to the Shaprio crap. They've had 2 bowl bans and missed an ACC title game. They've had much more to deal with emotionally and psychologically than the mid-90s Davis teams combined. Add to that Shannon left a roster half full of self entitled lazy players, and it is what it is. If we're still having this conversation next year or the year after, you'd have an argument, but you absolutely cannot judge Golden on anything that's happened so far, and really this year. You can disagree with me if you want, but the Golden's first year begins next season.

Man, why waste the effort to type that? The guy is a straight up troll. Look at his rep.

I never like to lose an argument and always have to win a fight. Ask my wife.

You can't be all that bad if your still with your wife!

Is Wayne Brady gonna havta choke a bytch?
I've made some ****** threads in the past
and rightfully negged, but WTH is this crap?

Advertisement
I figure I'll try and be the level headed professional on this site. Golden is now in his first year post-NCAA. Everything before didn't really mean much considering he's had to deal with the ever looming cloud, recruiting woes, and bad teams. Now that he has a good team and can move on from Shapiro, we'll know more about how he can move the program forward from what we have seen. Remember, he took Miami and got them a top 10 recruiting class in 2012 and this year with all that's gone on and has taken this team to the top ten. I'm excited for the future with Golden, especially considering he is in for the long haul.

Didn't we beat * like his 2nd game?

They ended up to be just as bad as us that year. I don't count a game versus a 6 loss team as a big game even though it looked that way at the time. FLA win was in the same realm this year.

Except when we beat Florida they didn't have half their team out with injuries. The Florida team we beat was better than the one on the field now.

I knew we didn't have a chance but I was hoping for a loss under 10 points. I'm still ****ed. I'm doubting that we will ever be elite again.

Point blank they are the better team right now... They are playing as well as anybody in the country and it pains me to say that. Not sure what everyone was expecting. I was hoping for us to have a chance at the end and we didn't. I'm disappointed as anyone but to say we may never be elite again because of one game is rediculous.

Advertisement
They showed up big time for the UF game and, for a lot of us, that was the most important game to show up for. The fact that UF subsequently suffered critical injuries, and lost confidence in itself after it was stung by Miami, doesn't change the fact that Golden's team played hard-nosed football that day on a big stage. What is disappointing, however, is the fact that the same team that showed up for UF did not show up in Tallahassee. The week 2 Canes would have knocked the snot out of the Canes we saw this past weekend.

Knew we didnt have a chance, but still wanted the score to be within 10 points? Those don't usually go together.

Advertisement
Back