Team hasn't shown up once for a big game under Golden.

CanesGotSWAG!

Thunderdome
I knew we didn't have a chance but I was hoping for a loss under 10 points. I'm still ****ed. I'm doubting that we will ever be elite again.

Advertisement
so we didn't show up for florida game? Every game is big!!! Our coordinators get exposed by better coordinators IMO

Advertisement
so we didn't show up for florida game? Every game is big!!! Our coordinators get exposed by better coordinators IMO

Florida has 4 losses and will get a few more. I don't consider that as one now. I guess we did well last year against FSU if someone wants to count that.

When was the first "big" game Miami showed up for under Butch Davis? the UCLA game in Davis' 4th year? Some of you guys are ridiculous.

When was the first "big" game Miami showed up for under Butch Davis? the UCLA game in Davis' 4th year? Some of you guys are ridiculous.

The team came off of probation though. Other than one year. we still fielded good teams(3 losses or less)This era of Canes football is 2X worse as back then.

Advertisement
Keep in mind that some posters don't consider it a big game unless you lose.

The UF game was a big game at the time it was played.

The team came off of probation though. Other than one year. we still fielded good teams(3 losses or less)This era of Canes football is 2X worse as back then.

And this team has had an NCAA cloud hanging over it for all 3 years. They had 12 players suspended anywhere from 1-6 games his first year, and 3 players thrown off the team due to their ties to the Shaprio crap. They've had 2 bowl bans and missed an ACC title game. They've had much more to deal with emotionally and psychologically than the mid-90s Davis teams combined. Add to that Shannon left a roster half full of self entitled lazy players, and it is what it is.

Also, the Ohio State and Florida games were HUGE games when they were played. He had his teams up for BIG games at the time. Isn't that what he's supposed to do? Get the team ready to play for big games? No one had any idea those teams wouldn't turn out to be good.

Lastly, if we're still having this conversation next year or the year after, you'd have an argument, but you absolutely cannot judge Golden on anything that's happened so far, and really this year. You can disagree with me if you want, but the Golden's first year begins next season.

And this team has had an NCAA cloud hanging over it for all 3 years. They had 12 players suspended anywhere from 1-6 games his first year, and 3 players thrown off the team due to their ties to the Shaprio crap. They've had 2 bowl bans and missed an ACC title game. They've had much more to deal with emotionally and psychologically than the mid-90s Davis teams combined. Add to that Shannon left a roster half full of self entitled lazy players, and it is what it is. If we're still having this conversation next year or the year after, you'd have an argument, but you absolutely cannot judge Golden on anything that's happened so far, and really this year. You can disagree with me if you want, but the Golden's first year begins next season.

Man, why waste the effort to type that? The guy is a straight up troll. Look at his rep.

Advertisement

And this team has had an NCAA cloud hanging over it for all 3 years. They had 12 players suspended anywhere from 1-6 games his first year, and 3 players thrown off the team due to their ties to the Shaprio crap. They've had 2 bowl bans and missed an ACC title game. They've had much more to deal with emotionally and psychologically than the mid-90s Davis teams combined. Add to that Shannon left a roster half full of self entitled lazy players, and it is what it is. If we're still having this conversation next year or the year after, you'd have an argument, but you absolutely cannot judge Golden on anything that's happened so far, and really this year. You can disagree with me if you want, but the Golden's first year begins next season.

Man, why waste the effort to type that? The guy is a straight up troll. Look at his rep.

I never like to lose an argument and always have to win a fight. Ask my wife.

Advertisement
IDK if OP realizes that u have to have good players to win big games. U name 1 big game we were favored to win and didn't then I'll be mad at Golden.

IDK if OP realizes that u have to have good players to win big games. U name 1 big game we were favored to win and didn't then I'll be mad at Golden.

By showing up, I mean playing well. It doesn't necessarily mean win. I would have considered a game with a 10 or less point loss as a success last night.

Advertisement
Back