TE usage under Lashlee

Advertisement
Lashlee hasn't had many TEs that were decent, so he hasn't used them much. But, last year, SMU had Grad Transfer Kylen Granson and he was responsible for 18% marketshare of yards and 26% marketshare of touchdowns. Which...is good. For comparison...Brevin Jordan, last year, was a 15% marketshare for yards and 8% marketshare of TDs. I'd expect both of those numbers to grow for Brevin Jordan next year. He won't be our leading receiver but passcatcher 2 or 3 is definitely happening and I expect a ton of TDs.

Last edited:
King is going to have a plethora of weapons to work with, this offense is going to score no matter what the mopes say.
You’ve got me so pumped up for them

7881174E-61B8-4970-909C-D3F140F8C13A.gif

The Arkansas/Auburn run scheme, that's the system that Lashlee comes from under Malzahn.

Our offense will be the SMU Air Raid mixed with the Arkansas/Auburn run game, basically a very similar scheme to what Lincoln Riley runs at Oklahoma, Air Raid passing attack, with Zone run game. It's an adaptation that the smart Leach disciples added to their offense instead of running the 90/10 Pass only Air Raid.

It's quick inside zone run game that's predicated on getting the ball to the RB & having him hit the hole & go, it's not a long developing slow cut back style run game where the backside end goes unblocked & blows up the runner in the backfield, it's a quick tempo straight ahead blocks with maybe a Guard pulling depending on where your lined up on the hashes, but mostly it's all about just hitting hole with quickness & gaining easy 5-7 yard gains to set up for the ball fake from the QB to keep the Safeties at bay.

SMU's lead RB Xavier Jones rushed for 1,276yds & 23TD's at 5.3 yards per carry last year & he was a low rated 3-star with an 81 rating coming out of High school.

Their second RB Ke'Mon Freeman rushed for 517yds & 5TD's as a RB2, he was a low ranked Dual threat QB with an 80 rating coming out of HS & converted to RB in college.

Point being, the scheme took very average players & gave them very good production.

El, you're freaking killing me man. It's not even June 15th and I already can't contain my excitement for the offense this year.

Advertisement
El, you're freaking killing me man. It's not even June 15th and I already can't contain my excitement for the offense this year.
I been feeling the same way since January, it's only until now that some of the fanbase is starting to open their eyes...

But I've been beating the War drum all year about Lashlee's offense.

Most of our fans are just too mopey & too soft shouldered to let themselves think that we might actually be better, they've convinced themselves that we're still running the same offense as last year lol.

Heavy dose of Jordan, Mallory and Hodges. Jordan will be the starting TE but Mallory will play often in a David Njoku 2016 role.

BOLD denotes true freshman

QB King, Perry, Van Dyke

RB Harris, Burns, Knighton or Chaney

WR Harley, Few, Restrepo

WR Pope, Payton, Smith or Worsham

WR Wiggins, Mallory, Redding

TE Jordan, Hodges, Mamarelli

Last edited:
Don't care for the Eagles. So i wouldn't have the slightest idea. But If that means it equals points and those points equal wins? I'm down....
Doug Pederson loves to use his TEs like his teacher Big Red. The Eagles ran a true spread coast with 12 personnel and a lot of gadget plays and going for it on 4th down.
I expect to see that type of offense, but with more no-huddle and hurry up offense.

Advertisement
Doug Pederson loves to use his TEs like his teacher Big Red. The Eagles ran a true spread coast with 12 personnel and a lot of gadget plays and going for it on 4th down.
I expect to see that type of offense, but with more no-huddle and hurry up offense.
Big Red has been owning the league. So, I'm down. I know that Ertz has cost me money before. If that's what we're expecting? I can't wait to see the funnest show on turf...

“I think with what we do those guys are kind of the glue guys. The better your tight ends are the more versatile you can be and play fast because if you don’t have great tight ends, you can play fast, but you’re a little bit limited and the defense has a little bit better idea of what personnel you’re in, what sets you’re in. When you have tight ends that can put their hand down, be off the ball, flex out like a wide receiver like the couple guys we have here, it really gives you a lot of versatility—not only to go fast, but to go multiple with the looks you give. One minute you’re in a heavy set, the next minute you’re in empty and you’ve gone fast.”

Lashlee arrives at Miami after two seasons at SMU. This past season the Mustangs had a tight end, Kylen Granson, who had 43 receptions for 721 yards and nine touchdowns. He was third on the team and fourth nationally among all tight ends in receiving yards.

“I was fortunate where I was this last year at SMU to have a tight end that had over 700 yards and nine touchdowns and almost 50 catches and he was a real versatile weapon for us,” Lashlee said. “And over the years at Auburn when we were at our best we had a playmaker there and got some guys in the NFL at that position.”

@djnellz and @1LuvCane I agree about emulating the Eagles with Ertz/Goedert.

Week 1 vs Temple:

Starters: King, Harris, Harley, Wiggins, Mallory, Jordan

Key reserves: Burns, Pope, Payton, Hodges

10 snaps or less: Knighton, Redding, Parrott, Few

Bench: Perry, Chaney, Restrepo, Smith, Worsham, Mamarelli,

“I think with what we do those guys are kind of the glue guys. The better your tight ends are the more versatile you can be and play fast because if you don’t have great tight ends, you can play fast, but you’re a little bit limited and the defense has a little bit better idea of what personnel you’re in, what sets you’re in. When you have tight ends that can put their hand down, be off the ball, flex out like a wide receiver like the couple guys we have here, it really gives you a lot of versatility—not only to go fast, but to go multiple with the looks you give. One minute you’re in a heavy set, the next minute you’re in empty and you’ve gone fast.”

Lashlee arrives at Miami after two seasons at SMU. This past season the Mustangs had a tight end, Kylen Granson, who had 43 receptions for 721 yards and nine touchdowns. He was third on the team and fourth nationally among all tight ends in receiving yards.

“I was fortunate where I was this last year at SMU to have a tight end that had over 700 yards and nine touchdowns and almost 50 catches and he was a real versatile weapon for us,” Lashlee said. “And over the years at Auburn when we were at our best we had a playmaker there and got some guys in the NFL at that position.”

@djnellz and @1LuvCane I agree about emulating the Eagles with Ertz/Goedert.

Week 1 vs Temple:

Starters: King, Harris, Harley, Wiggins, Mallory, Jordan

Key reserves: Burns, Pope, Payton, Hodges

10 snaps or less: Knighton, Redding, Parrott, Few

Bench: Perry, Chaney, Restrepo, Smith, Worsham, Mamarelli,
:pitbull: eeeeeoooowwww!!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back