TE usage under Lashlee

Cane4L

Senior
Premium
I’m curious to see how our tight ends perform in this offense. I haven’t watched too much tape on Lashlees offense, but the talent we have in that room is elite imo. We have Brevin (elite just needs to stay healthy) ... Mallory really stepped up his game in the latter part of the season and has big potential.... Hodges who I think is slept on but is kind of a hybrid, and finally Mammarelli who according to reports was impressing in practice. Not to mention SMU’s TE had a very productive season last year.... just wondering what are you guys thoughts on the TE situation with Lashlee?

Advertisement
I’m curious to see how our tight ends perform in this offense. I haven’t watched too much tape on Lashlees offense, but the talent we have in that room is elite imo. We have Brevin (elite just needs to stay healthy) ... Mallory really stepped up his game in the latter part of the season and has big potential.... Hodges who I think is slept on but is kind of a hybrid, and finally Mammarelli who according to reports was impressing in practice. Not to mention SMU’s TE had a very productive season last year.... just wondering what are you guys thoughts on the TE situation with Lashlee?

from what I’ve read and watched it seems Lashlee truly structures his O based upon team assets. Which I hope is true and very refreshing.

I’m actually intrigued to see Hodges, he can line up in a lot of different spots and is a natural catcher of the ball. I know @DMoney has said this in the past..... curious on your thoughts....
it will be great to see Hodges have his moment in the sun. If Lashlee is a totally consumed guru of offense? He must be having orgasmic moments creating ways to get Jordan, Mallory, and Hodges the ball...

Advertisement
Advertisement
For 25yrs we've made a mockery of CFB with TE usage, playing with Non Mobile QBs........
Imagine the carnage we'd inflict with our TEs with a mobile QB....
tumblr_nmsni1gEw41qd4fqho1_400.gif

I just can't wait..

I’m actually intrigued to see Hodges, he can line up in a lot of different spots and is a natural catcher of the ball. I know @DMoney has said this in the past..... curious on your thoughts on the situation..
Just my 2 cents but Hodges seems like a better version of Michael Irvin II. Short and undersized but versatile and catches the ball fluidly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Last year under Lashlee, SMU’s primary TE had 200 more receiving yards than our leading WR (KJ Osborne). My level of concern regarding his ability/willingness to utilize our TEs is less than .0000001%.
Thanks for the stat. Big things popping...

Advertisement
Back