Official TE Riley Williams drops a top 4… COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferman and Shodell are saying they hear Oregon not going down quietly. His coach told them they are really pressuring him to at least visit. Coach said his decision was really out of left field- initially it was going to be the 4 visits and commit on August 1. Will be interesting to see if he agrees to the visit....

Hopefully he doesn’t pull a Luigi or whatever that kids name was that took a lay second visit to Oregon and stayed home

Advertisement
Hey brother, Riley is in a tough situation. He’s having to choose between NIL (legal bags), personal relationships and under the table bag game plus NIL’s. He’s not concerned if Miami takes 3 TE’s. He’s a competitor. He was told Miami had plans to take 3 TE’s in this class. They are expecting to lose 2 TE’s.

Ohio State and Oregon are negatively recruiting against Miami. Alabama’s bag game and their network of givers are astonishing. There are NO handlers. It’s his decision. His family trusts his decision because he’s the one who has to live with it. He LOVES Mario and he has a great relationship with him. He said he texted Mario at 2:30 in the morning to see if he would respond and 20 minutes later he got a message from Mario asking if everything was alright.

What he’s being offered would cloud the judgement of most adults let a lone a young man his age. He’s never asked me for my advice, but his mom has. I explained to her that genuine relationships matter. They can last a life time if nurtured. The University of Miami has a brotherhood like no other. She confirmed that with the number of Miami LEGENDS that’s reached out to them.

I simply ended the conversation by saying Miami can offer everything those other schools are offering, but those other schools can’t offer what Miami can offer and that’s the relationship her son has with Mario and the established and well documented brotherhood that Miami has among it’s former and current players. The other schools are playing catch-up in the relationship department.

Ohio State is RUTHLESS. Mario is relentless. A lucrative NIL deal matters to Riley for sure. I’m not sure where he stands on the under the table bag game. I think Riley’s relationship with Mario gets Mario the ‘W’. IMO
Thank you sir. Very tough decision. Crazy bag money would make things difficult for anyone, but negative recruiting would run me away.

Hey brother, Riley is in a tough situation. He’s having to choose between NIL (legal bags), personal relationships and under the table bag game plus NIL’s. He’s not concerned if Miami takes 3 TE’s. He’s a competitor. He was told Miami had plans to take 3 TE’s in this class. They are expecting to lose 2 TE’s.

Ohio State and Oregon are negatively recruiting against Miami. Alabama’s bag game and their network of givers are astonishing. There are NO handlers. It’s his decision. His family trusts his decision because he’s the one who has to live with it. He LOVES Mario and he has a great relationship with him. He said he texted Mario at 2:30 in the morning to see if he would respond and 20 minutes later he got a message from Mario asking if everything was alright.

What he’s being offered would cloud the judgement of most adults let a lone a young man his age. He’s never asked me for my advice, but his mom has. I explained to her that genuine relationships matter. They can last a life time if nurtured. The University of Miami has a brotherhood like no other. She confirmed that with the number of Miami LEGENDS that’s reached out to them.

I simply ended the conversation by saying Miami can offer everything those other schools are offering, but those other schools can’t offer what Miami can offer and that’s the relationship her son has with Mario and the established and well documented brotherhood that Miami has among it’s former and current players. The other schools are playing catch-up in the relationship department.

Ohio State is RUTHLESS. Mario is relentless. A lucrative NIL deal matters to Riley for sure. I’m not sure where he stands on the under the table bag game. I think Riley’s relationship with Mario gets Mario the ‘W’. IMO

The Daily Show Boom GIF

This is great info and perspective. Thanks for sharing it and giving these recruits something to think about other than the 'here and now.'

The bolded part is some jealous girlfriend bull**** in my opinion but good thing that Mario doesn't really sleep 🤣

Great stuff my man. Are you able to expand on osu being “ruthless”?

Advertisement
You need proper TEs to have a proper running game, proper running game opens up the TEs to catch passes because you have to account for them blocking and when you trying to stop the run they running down the seam or leaking out into the flat and its 20 yards.

Good looking out bro. Needless to say Oregon negative recruiting failed as he cancelled his visit there. Mario been recruiting him forever so its gonna be tough for them to overcome that and we value the TE. When was the last time Ohio had a proper TE? Bama get them and use them as Fullbacks.

I am soory must have missed it. What is your connection to him?

They have been for years, starting with Sweater Vest who was dirty as **** when he came over from Youngstown St and actually had them put on probation and lost scholarships (pretty impressive feat for what was as at the time a 1AA program) and they haven't looked back since. They're not thought of as one of the big players like the SEC schools as far as the bag game and negative recruiting and dirty tricks but they're right up there. It's not like a bunch of South FL kids just started going there starting in the Tressel era because Columbus is just so nice in November.

Advertisement
They have been for years, starting with Sweater Vest who was dirty as **** when he came over from Youngstown St and actually had them put on probation and lost scholarships (pretty impressive feat for what was as at the time a 1AA program) and they haven't looked back since. They're not thought of as one of the big players like the SEC schools as far as the bag game and negative recruiting and dirty tricks but they're right up there. It's not like a bunch of South FL kids just started going there starting in the Tressel era because Columbus is just so nice in November.

Yeah no doubt - tressel was dirty but that was already eons ago. I know they pay off SFE coaches but I’m curious what the context of the post was.

Question for these front-running-donas should be “who will be running out front in 3-5 years?”
I wouldn’t bet against Mario.

Taint is a cheating *******. But of we dont join them we aint going nowhere fast. We need to make them call us cheating ********. Especially with legal NIL.

Advertisement
I’ve been saying all along that we all look at Bama and now Smart and Jimbo. But Taint with their midwestern mafia is 1b to Bama’s 1a.

Now that Urban manages their NIL program I can easily seeing them move to 1a. No one is more creative in playing dirty than Meyer. Seriously going to brand his version as “Meyer dirty”. The Day Meyer duo are full gangster.

Yeah no doubt - tressel was dirty but that was already eons ago. I know they pay off SFE coaches but I’m curious what the context of the post was.
I just took it to mean they're up to their old tricks. Probably playing the whole "Miami is a dangerous place to live" angle.

Advertisement
It’s what they offer and how they go about doing it. Like many other big programs, they offer jobs, housing, free tuition for siblings, transportation, health care for the family, stacks of gift cards literally worth thousands of dollars, senior care for the grandparents that are raising some of those young men. I attended Auburn and everybody knows Auburn takes care of it’s players, but Ohio State is on another level with their benefits.

What surprised me the most was that they also use churches to bag recruits. Bag is given to the Pastor of said church with instructions to give a certain amount to the young man and the rest goes to his ‘congregation’. That’s been going on in the southeast for decades. They have no issues taking care of high school coaches, handlers, parents etc.

5* and some high 4* recruits are paid to get them on campus via parents, high school coaches and handlers etc. All expenses paid. Cash apps cash apps fckn cash apps! Riley was straight up told “there’s always more than one way to skin a cat we get it done for you and your family”.

Ohio State have the backing of Politicians. They are blatant.

There's going to be attrition with all those TE's but that's a good thing because the cream will rise to the top
Dont really think it will be...

Jackson Carver has played tackle football for 6 months...and he knows his role. The kid is fine with shirting so that creates 1 seperation.
Reid appears to be an inline TE. Currently on roster we have 2 guys that may can play this role. It would be Arroyo, Mammarelli, and Reid.
If Williams commits he is a do it all guy that may actually see reps in 23.

The 3 te's have no effect on Brantley or even Skinner....as Brantley is an HBACK as we seen this spring...and Skinner will be a pure flex guy.

At first i thought 3 tes would be too much...now i see how it may work considering how many tes i seen on Michigan roster and how ive seen them use it alot in the spring...we wont have true fbs...we gonna line up alot of TE's in sets or even maybe sets with Thad Franklin and another back split back there.

MSU AGAIN! Is MSU going through Mario's offer/interest list and offering kids? They seem to be just ahead or slightly behind us on every recruit we're after. Either that or Tucker and Cristobal have identical blueprints for what it takes to turn a program around long term.
What kind of compliment is that? Hella complimentary!! If they are coming in late and already equal with us, maybe they aren't into us the way we want . . . or Mario aint as into them as they want.

:)

Good looking out bro. Needless to say Oregon negative recruiting failed as he cancelled his visit there. Mario been recruiting him forever so its gonna be tough for them to overcome that and we value the TE. When was the last time Ohio had a proper TE? Bama get them and use them as Fullbacks.
Jeremy rucker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back