TE Haskins and Irvin

It's slow on the team/recruiting front and I was interested if Pete, DMoney or anyone in the know have any info on the progress of these two. What's their strengths? Any buzz out of pre-spring camp re their progress whatever that may be? Any mention of offensive expansion to include more TE options? We need something to talk about!

Advertisement
i think everyone is praying Haskins stays out of trouble and finishes his career at Miami. That is the only update most want. No news is good news lol

i think everyone is praying Haskins stays out of trouble and finishes his career at Miami. That is the only update most want. No news is good news lol

+100000. He's right on the top of the probability list as far as "involuntary" attrition goes. Unfortunately. I don't want to hear a peep about him until gametime.

Irving was good enough for them to move Dobard to DE in the middle of the season. The guy I'd like to see at TE is Langham. Not because he would be great or anything but depth there could get shaky.

Advertisement
Advertisement
IMO, the TE spot could be even more impactful this year than last year. Yes we had a 1st rounder, but Richt didn't use him well until halfway through the ND game, partly because his blocking was weak. Herndon should be a primary target in his playbook from day 1 this season. He blocks great, has good if not great hands, runs routes well, has excellent yards after the catch. Can even play H-back or FB if needed. I love this kid's potential. May not be round 1, but certainly could be a round 3-4 guy and play years in the league.

Meanwhile, everyone raves about Haskins and Irvin. I haven't seen enough to know. But if they're not greentree legends only, we may have a feature TE with two supporting kids who can cause some damage.

IMO, the TE spot could be even more impactful this year than last year. Yes we had a 1st rounder, but Richt didn't use him well until halfway through the ND game, partly because his blocking was weak. Herndon should be a primary target in his playbook from day 1 this season. He blocks great, has good if not great hands, runs routes well, has excellent yards after the catch. Can even play H-back or FB if needed. I love this kid's potential. May not be round 1, but certainly could be a round 3-4 guy and play years in the league.

Meanwhile, everyone raves about Haskins and Irvin. I haven't seen enough to know. But if they're not greentree legends only, we may have a feature TE with two supporting kids who can cause some damage.

Meant to upvote. Sorry, grove.

Agree. Herndon is a stud. And he will play more often inline at TE than Njoku did, while still being a legit receiving threat. That will help in the run game as having Herndon lined up inline will be less of a tell as to whether it's a run or pass.

Anyone remember Herndon dominating last year's spring game? He has a future in the NFL imo.

Advertisement
Herndon should be first team all-acc unless there's some ****head from Syracuse or Wake Forest that I don't know about. I could see Haskins being the primary inline TE because he's such a beast, with Herndon and Irving playing the role of Njoku.

Haskins is an amazing athlete. Big talent. Adrian Colbert told me he reminds him of Tyrone Swoopes from Texas.

Irving was good enough for them to move Dobard to DE in the middle of the season. The guy I'd like to see at TE is Langham. Not because he would be great or anything but depth there could get shaky.

May be a good move for the young man to try. If he has any hopes on playing professional football an HBack would be the most likely position

Advertisement
Haskins can be special... just has to keep his head straight. There is plenty of PT available.

Advertisement
Back