2024 TE Board (2024 Edition)

Since Mitchell's thread just got locked, I am going to leave this here:

This is an excerpt from his interview AFTER he unofficially visited and worked out with Woodiel.

“I love Miami. They definitely just became No. 1 on my board. I love the coaching staff, the players. Coach Cristobal, he’s cool and everything,” Mitchell told InsideTheU.

The opportunity to work with Woodiel was an impactful one because the first-year tight ends coach was really looking to teach and took the time to coach Mitchell up.
“I like that he takes time out to make sure I’m doing it right and just not incorrect. He’s teaching me new things that I can take with me through life. You don’t find a lot of coaches on campuses that take the time out to do that stuff. That feels kind of special to me,” Mitchell said.

Miami views Mitchell as a versatile piece in their future offense.

“I just like everything about it. I like the way they run their offense. The tight end gets the ball. I’m one of those tight ends that likes to get the ball and also block too. I feel like it’s pretty good for me,” Mitchell said.
---------------------

Gu
ess I'm having a hard time understanding what the issue with the staff could be... Seems like he was pretty happy with that aspect when he left campus.
Feels like it was more about OU recruiting him longer and the fact his QB from HS is committed there.

Advertisement

angry mark cuban GIF

Advertisement
I think the staff's top guy left is Hogan Hansen, but I don't have reason to believe he'll de-commit from Michigan.

After that, you've got Tayvion Galloway, then Roger Saleapaga, then Dillon Hipp.
I don't know how far down that progression they'd go.

Talk about in demand. The top 14 TEs are committed. So are 45 of the top 50.

Looking at the top 50 players at each position, only QB has more than 45 players committed.

Advertisement
I think the staff's top guy left is Hogan Hansen, but I don't have reason to believe he'll de-commit from Michigan.

@Geo305 mentioned in his space that he'd be one to the two priority candidates if Odom picked the tide (the other being Galloway)

I don't know how far down that progression they'd go.
I'm thinking they'd be focusing on flipping committed TEs. Mitchell supposedly was torn up to the day of the decision. Given how Vennables has made it personal w/Mario, it wouldn't shock me if all hands were on deck trying to flip him to the good guys.

Last edited:
@Geo305 mentioned in his space that he'd be one to the two priority candidates if Odom picked the tide (the other being Galloway)

I'm thinking they'd be focusing on flipping committed TEs. Mitchell supposedly was torn up to the day of the decision. Given how Vennables has made it personal w/Mario, it wouldn't shock me if all hands were on deck trying to flip him to the good guys.
Someone on ITU asked Gaby what the plan is now at TE, and Gaby posted, "Try to flip Mitchell."

Mario coaches TEs in the early 2000s at Rutgers and at Miami as well... I think he's all hands on deck/personally very involved when it comes to reduction TEs. Mitchell will be tired of Woodiel, Field, and Mario by signing day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Any idea where he falls in the pecking order? Is he now TE target 1 of who remains? I haven't been following that much
I'll take this kid..seems like a Cane fan all the way ...i dont know the last OHIO kid we got Latwan Anderson. Dude says his dad is a big cane fan and thats all they watched. Pair him with Lofton and lets ride.

Sucks to lose the kid from Cardinal Gibbons to Georgia. He seemed like a really fluid athlete.
He was SEC bound pretty much regardless..the UGA commitable locked it up. Met him this spring, Family were on top of all their ps and qs and making all the trips...they were big on bama then and that week were headed to LSU. I made sure to flex the canes and our history which they were aware of but seemed like we were playng from behind even back then. Good kid and hes a beast with alot of room to grow.

A Galloway and Lofton duo to me is the goods regardless. The TE room appears to be in good standing.

Advertisement
Back