TCU is proof....

Jaromir Jagr

Senior
Banned
...that a system which relies solely on its offense will break down at least once a year. TCU is again looking forward to next year because they can't stop anyone (which we knew), and someone stopped their offense from scoring their usual 60 points.

Advertisement
Tcu is the reason why teams that avg 34th in recruiting can't compete with the Big boys. A few key injuries and your lack of depth finishes you off.

Show me the last team who won the NC and whose roster consisted of 4 classes that ranked outside of the top 20.

You can't win if you ignoring the number one aspect of collge football.

Advertisement
Great defenses have bad games also, It varies. But having a great defense is more reliable than having a great offense.

TCU (and I guess teams that run the spread?) rely solely on offense? I didn't know it was an either or thing, but I guess I learn something new everyday. Impeccable logic!

Advertisement
TCU (and I guess teams that run the spread?) rely solely on offense? I didn't know it was an either or thing, but I guess I learn something new everyday. Impeccable logic!

Maybe you haven't seen TCU play for the last two years. Same with Baylor. Can't stop anyone, and when the offense doesn't click one day, season's over.

Maybe you haven't seen TCU play for the last two years. Same with Baylor. Can't stop anyone, and when the offense doesn't click one day, season's over.

TCU had the #8 scoring defense in 2014. I guess the other 120 NCAA teams must've been putrid if TCU's 8th ranked defense = can't stop anyone

TCU had the #8 scoring defense in 2014. I guess the other 120 NCAA teams must've been putrid if TCU's 8th ranked defense = can't stop anyone

8th ranked scoring D and 18th total D. Lost 6 starters from a year ago to graduation and lost 5 returning starters to season ending injuries.

Thank you, Iowa State, Texas, and SMU for being so putrid. Now let me know about Baylor, Kansas, and Oklahoma.

TCU is eliminated......again......because they couldn't stop someone. Indisputable.

Advertisement
TCU has lost 6-7 starters on D to injury.

Patterson is one of the best in the business defensively.

You are clueless

Maybe I misunderstood your post.

He's basically mentioning how some posters say you don't need a good defense to win a national title. Which, you certainly need to have a really good balance. Gary Patterson is in a off year, because as you said, TCU usually has good defenses, but not this year for some reason.

It caught up with them finally.

Advertisement

Thank you, Iowa State, Texas, and SMU for being so putrid. Now let me know about Baylor, Kansas, and Oklahoma.

TCU is eliminated......again......because they couldn't stop someone. Indisputable.

I don't know what you think you are proving. MSU, VT, and Bama scored 37, 35, & 35 respectively on OSU. Auburn and Ohio state scored 44 and 42 respectively on Alabama. Sturdy defenses still give up points against good offenses and great offenses can still underperform against good defenses (Oregon vs osu).

At the end of the day, you just said the 8th best scoring defense w/ 9th hardest schedule was bad on defense. Good argument.

Last edited by a moderator:
as previously stated, TCU has literally had half their starting defense out most of the year.
Do u realize how hard it is to go undefeated year in and year out?

Advertisement
Back