TCU and Baylor are proof

Advertisement
and we wouldn't have such flaky fans if the school actually truly embraced the football program and invested the money they should have for making the school relevant to being with.

Advertisement
Miami current style is the anti south Florida, bravado, swag, swash buckling, in your face. It's true, that's what Miami need to capture the fan base which most u have no chance of getting into Miami and only affiliation is being located in the same City. Miami the university has alot of alumni who care one flying ***** about football. Real shhh

i for one have never believed their budget is as tight as they lead on. no way in **** you win 5 titles and have our successful alumni base and don't have money to upgrade facilities or build a stadium. not to mention that one student's tuition there is close to twice the amount as other schools.

Have always thought this "tight budget" BS was just that. We have a lot of very wealthy alums and the school tuition is as expensive as ****. Somebody's getting rich off all of this. Am not sure who it is, but it stinks to high heaven.

Advertisement
It's not just that Baylor and TCU have more fans, they have more rich fans. School loyalties run pretty deep and alumni contributions to these schools have a religious value to contributors.

Texas produces somewhere in the area of 2.5 million barrels of oil a day.

Their fans don't seem to whine as much as fans from some other schools.

Andrew- you are making an arbitrary assumption. And if what u presume is true, how much is due to TCU experiencing unprecedented recent success; and Miami's unprecedented struggles?

Point stands: if they can do it, we can surely

Andrew- you are making an arbitrary assumption. And if what u presume is true, how much is due to TCU experiencing unprecedented recent success; and Miami's unprecedented struggles?

Even when we were winning we had trouble filling the Orange Bowl. I have been to more UM games on the road than I have in Miami and we do travel well. I went to the TCU vs SMU game a few weeks ago in Dallas and the stadium was empty. Sure recent success helps but there is a lot of old money in Ft Worth and they support the university. I agree with the statement that their fan bases have more rich fans.

Even when we were winning we had trouble filling the Orange Bowl. I have been to more UM games on the road than I have in Miami and we do travel well. I went to the TCU vs SMU game a few weeks ago in Dallas and the stadium was empty. Sure recent success helps but there is a lot of old money in Ft Worth and they support the university. I agree with the statement that their fan bases have more rich fans.

Agree even during our run in the early 2000's just look at the attendance for our home games......

We were #1 in the country and I remember the stadium half full vs Rutgers

Advertisement
It's not just that Baylor and TCU have more fans, they have more rich fans. School loyalties run pretty deep and alumni contributions to these schools have a religious value to contributors.

Lol nothing like anecdotal nonsense that you can't quantify whatsoever

Advertisement

Lol nothing like anecdotal nonsense that you can't quantify whatsoever

You don't think facilities and a stadium demonstrate this?

Both schools are in football crazed TEXAS.

were in Miami were people could care less. We have an admin that could care less and are embarassed about our tradition...because they brownnose other schools presidents. Its just sad.

Um is fake bravado......

were in Miami were people could care less. We have an admin that could care less and are embarassed about our tradition...because they brownnose other schools presidents. Its just sad.

Um is fake bravado......

Miami has shown its a football town when the products on the field were good.

Um is fake bravado......

Miami has shown its a football town when the products on the field were good.
You just defined the exact opposite of a football town. that is what is called a bandwagon town.

Advertisement
Back