TCU and Baylor are proof

FullyERicht

Thunderdome
That this admin doesn't care about football.

Both schools are private schools. Both have smaller student bodies than we do. Both have their own stadium. Both have elite coaches who are highly paid, with real support staff. Both are top ten programs competing with big state schools for recruits. Both schools combined have ZERO football tradition compared to Miami's.

There is absolutely no excuse for the sad state of this program. I dont want to hear about how we are a small school, a private school. We are ranked more poorly academically than most of the schools in our own conference, in the same tier with Clemson, Texas, OSU, U***, UGA and aTm.

Stop hiring baby sitters with solid APR results and get some real ******* coaches in here. There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for this, period.

Advertisement
Both schools are in football crazed TEXAS.

were in Miami were people could care less. We have an admin that could care less and are embarassed about our tradition...because they brownnose other schools presidents. Its just sad.

Um is fake bravado......

were in Miami were people could care less. We have an admin that could care less and are embarassed about our tradition...because they brownnose other schools presidents. Its just sad.

Um is fake bravado......

Um is fake bravado......

Miami has a bigger fan base than both of those schools combined, as it is the number one college team in one of the largest metro areas in the country. People care a LOT. Our administration has a warped view of what we are a school though, and have zero interest in anything besides good grades/behavior.

i for one have never believed their budget is as tight as they lead on. no way in **** you win 5 titles and have our successful alumni base and don't have money to upgrade facilities or build a stadium. not to mention that one student's tuition there is close to twice the amount as other schools.

Advertisement
Every time I hear of Baylor, I think of their new football stadium and national tennis championship.

mclane-stadium-aerial-01 (1).jpg

giphy.gif

UM fans are such fair weather fans it is embarrassing. Huge fan base when the team is nationally relevant. Not so much judging by attendance when we are not top 10. Granted People in the communities around Baylor can't exactly go to South Beach or 100's of other things competing for entertainment dollars on a Saturday that UM competes with. That said it is borderline pathetic how much yesterdays success is taken for granted and expected on a yearly basis. What UM has accomplished in the past would not be so special if not so rare. If your'e a fan and don't like the direction of the program, understandable. Rooting for Cincy. Appalling and unforgivable for any REAL fan.

UM has a spread out fan base. I am not sure you can include all the yankees that moved to Miami. Also Coral Gables doesn't have near the room that Ft Worth or Waco have. I have been to all 3 campuses. Waco is kinda of dumpy to be honest. The area around TCU is ok but it isn't Coral Gables. We do compare well them them in terms of tuition and school size.

Um is fake bravado......

Miami has a bigger fan base than both of those schools combined, as it is the number one college team in one of the largest metro areas in the country.

Doubtful.

Advertisement

Um is fake bravado......

Miami has a bigger fan base than both of those schools combined, as it is the number one college team in one of the largest metro areas in the country.

Doubtful.

yeah I am pretty sure DFW is bigger than Miami. Waco isn't that big though.

UM has a spread out fan base. I am not sure you can include all the yankees that moved to Miami. Also Coral Gables doesn't have near the room that Ft Worth or Waco have. I have been to all 3 campuses. Waco is kinda of dumpy to be honest. The area around TCU is ok but it isn't Coral Gables. We do compare well them them in terms of tuition and school size.

Good point.

Also, compare land/real estate prices almost anywhere in Texas vs Coral Gables or even SF and get back to me on why we don't have a stadium nearby.

Advertisement
:biker:
UM fans are such fair weather fans it is embarrassing. Huge fan base when the team is nationally relevant. Not so much judging by attendance when we are not top 10. Granted People in the communities around Baylor can't exactly go to South Beach or 100's of other things competing for entertainment dollars on a Saturday that UM competes with. That said it is borderline pathetic how much yesterdays success is taken for granted and expected on a yearly basis. What UM has accomplished in the past would not be so special if not so rare. If your'e a fan and don't like the direction of the program, understandable. Rooting for Cincy. Appalling and unforgivable for any REAL fan.

nobody supports the staff and doesnt want to give them a reason be around for another year .

Um is fake bravado......

Doubtful.

Ah yes another clueless fan making statements that contradict actual studies:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/upshot/ncaa-football-fan-map.html

Miami is the most popular team in one of the largest metro areas in the country, and has a national fan base in every major city.

Baylor and TCU? Not so much. I don't understand why people think we are Rutgers. Smfh.

Advertisement

Um is fake bravado......

Doubtful.

Miami is the most popular team in one of the largest metro areas in the country, and has a national fan base in every major city.

Baylor and TCU? Not so much. I don't understand why people think we are Rutgers. Smfh.

The problem is the location of our fan base. Yes we have fans spread all over the country but we need support of fans in Miami.

Um is fake bravado......

Doubtful.

The problem is the location of our fan base. Yes we have fans spread all over the country but we need support of fans in Miami.

Read the article. Miami is the most popular team in So Fla

Doubtful.

Read the article. Miami is the most popular team in So Fla

Ok that doesn't mean they care enough to go to a game or donate money. The Atlanta Thrashers were my favorite hockey team when I lived in Atlanta but I never went to a game. TCU and Baylor have more local support for their athletic program. The 2 million in or around Forth Worth do a lot more for TCU than those in the Miami area.

Advertisement
Back