TCU and Baylor are proof

It's not just that Baylor and TCU have more fans, they have more rich fans. School loyalties run pretty deep and alumni contributions to these schools have a religious value to contributors.

Texas produces somewhere in the area of 2.5 million barrels of oil a day.

Their fans don't seem to whine as much as fans from some other schools.

Lol nothing like anecdotal nonsense that you can't quantify whatsoever

You don't think facilities and a stadium demonstrate this?

They demonstrate a willingness to invest. Miami just raised a billion dollars, but our donors are impoverished???

Advertisement
Miami is a bandwagon town simple as that, one thing texas eats, sleeps, sh¡ts football, its like a way of life there, so many people donate and support football so much to just high school teams, there are some high school stadiums that rival some college stadiums, andrews i see andrews point, but i do agree that we need to do more for the program, we need a better college gameday feel, you see teams like ohio st, ole miss, LSU, etc have these pre game festivities and specticals, all we have is the canes walk which is nice and all, but compared to other schools its sh¡t, i like the upgrades and new turf but we need to do more

Tell me Andrew, where is the money from 8 national title game appearances? It certainly didn't go to football.

This school didn't even attempt to have a football only until THIS YEAR!

TCU wasn't even in a BCS conference when they were investing.

Neither school made the kind TV or bowl revenue we did, and both had lower attendance figures.

Stop protecting this nickel and dime admin!

Tell me Andrew, where is the money from 8 national title game appearances? It certainly didn't go to football.

Neither school made the kind TV or bowl revenue we did, and both had lower attendance figures.

UM could do a better job at raising money for athletics but when donors donate they tend to donate to a specific function. Taking funds dedicated to academics and giving them to athletics would turn off donors. Point is we don't have big money being donated to our football team or athletic program. For a small school we need big donors to build the things we want. We have high schools in DFW with indoor practice fields and we don't. TCU did win a BCS game right before they started expanded their stadium so not sure why the conference matters.

The money goes directly to Athletics. Biggest problem is the school charges full amount for tuition. The model the U uses has to fund itself.

Advertisement
"our local fans suck, in Texas they love football"

NCAA paid attendance records:

2003: Miami 30th, TCU 60th, Baylor 72nd
2004: no info available
2005: Miami 49, Baylor 63, TCU 74th
2006: Miami 61, Baylor 63, TCU 72
This trend continues EVERY SINGLE YEAR UP TILL THIS YEAR.

Miami has STRONGER local support than these "football obsessed" schools.

Let's see how the admin supporters aka the "Miami isn't loved enough" crowd responds to these facts.

Again Andrew, we don't have big football donors bc the school has had NO INTEREST in a football specific project. That's the whole point.

And wtf does full tuition matter? Baylor is expensive as ****. Stop excusing the admin by blaming the fans. Its disgraceful.

Again Andrew, we don't have big football donors bc the school has had NO INTEREST in a football specific project. That's the whole point.

And wtf does full tuition matter? Baylor is expensive as ****. Stop excusing the admin by blaming the fans. Its disgraceful.

I can buy a ticket for a UM game for $7 on Stubhub right now. TCU is $45 on stubhub. TCU recently spent over $160 million on their stadium, which is probably more than UM has spent on all football facilities. Their stadium holds 45,000 people and ours olds 76,000. Last year UM averaged 53,000 per home game and TCU averaged 43,000, but again looking at their stadium size and average cost per ticket vs ours it looks like supply and demand gave them the more money from attendance.

That being said if UM wanted to do something they could but the fan base as a whole doesn't push for it. Sure we do on this site but that is it.

2013 Endowment
Miami $778 million
TCU $1.2 billion

Advertisement

I can buy a ticket for a UM game for $7 on Stubhub right now. TCU is $45 on stubhub. TCU recently spent over $160 million on their stadium, which is probably more than UM has spent on all football facilities. Their stadium holds 45,000 people and ours olds 76,000. Last year UM averaged 53,000 per home game and TCU averaged 43,000, but again looking at their stadium size and average cost per ticket vs ours it looks like supply and demand gave them the more money from attendance.

That being said if UM wanted to do something they could but the fan base as a whole doesn't push for it. Sure we do on this site but that is it.

2013 Endowment
Miami $778 million
TCU $1.2 billion

Jesus so much fail.

First of all do u know what the endowment means? It's not liquid. FSU and Bama have smaller endowments than us!

Second off all stubhub is a secondary market, reflecting the demand for ALREADY SOLD TIX.

Miami been selling more tix than TCU and Baylor for 10 straight years, dispelling the myth that they have better local support.

Where we lack is in a supportive admin

Second off all stubhub is a secondary market, reflecting the demand for ALREADY SOLD TIX.

Miami been selling more tix than TCU and Baylor for 10 straight years, dispelling the myth that they have better local support.

They can't sell more tickets because their capacity won't allow it. The secondary market is proof that more than 45,000 people want to go to their games. The secondary market is also proof that fewer than 45,000 people want to go to our games.

Advertisement

They can't sell more tickets because their capacity won't allow it. The secondary market is proof that more than 45,000 people want to go to their games. The secondary market is also proof that fewer than 45,000 people want to go to our games.

What do you think the demand for tix would be if they had top 15-20 recruiting classes for 10 years but failed to compete for anything significant? We are by far in the richest recruiting area of the country and it seems like the admin takes shortcuts in other facets of the football program bc they know we will always get the lion's share of local elite athletes. I don't think most of us are stuck in the past or bandwagon fans. I think most of us are frustrated by the admin's lack of commitment to really invest in all phases of the program from elite coaches, to facilities. This whole thing would trend up overnight as would attendance and revenue.

Please stop quoting Antwan. I've had him blocked for a while after he claimed Miami area kids are too dumb to play football. This guy in his warped mind sees Miami as Dukes equal, when the whole world realizes we are Clemson's equal, and as such wants us to bring in a bunch of prep school white dudes to play here. Guy ******* loves the state of the program as is, as long as he can keep pretending we are some elite academic school which we aren't close to being.

Advertisement

2013 Endowment
Miami $778 million
TCU $1.2 billion

Jesus so much fail.

First of all do u know what the endowment means? It's not liquid. FSU and Bama have smaller endowments than us!

They are public schools so they receive state funds that allow their boosters to spend money on other stuff. Miami averaged 7k more than TCU did last year but our tickets are clearly cheaper and our stadium is clearly empty. Watch the games, more people go to Baylor and TCU games than go to Miami games. When we were number 1 the fans that purchased tickets showed up. Why did Miami telling the Beckham group they needed at least 40k seats? Why not 60k? Sure the school could do a better job asking for money but clearly more money is being donated to athletics at a lot of other schools, including TCU and Baylor.

If Miami wanted a stadium they could build one but they won't because they can't put it on campus and they would have to get funds from other places.

I am not really sure why comparing us to TCU or Baylor even matter. It doesn't mean we can't win championships. So to address uour original post:

Stadium
- Comparing land in Coral Gables to Waco or Fort Worth is silly. TCU has been buying land around the school and it isn't as nice as Coral Gables.
- Waco is dumpy. They have land everywhere.

Coaching
- Both schools got lucky with their hires. They didn't pull a Bama and go out and get a big name. Briles came from Houston and Patterson was the DC at TCU. I don't think we would have a problem paying a coach 3.5 million a year if he proved to be a winner over time.

Football Tradition:
- Does it really matter about tradition? We had no tradition before we got good. What tradition does Georgia, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M or Arkansas have?

Andrew, all due respect bc I love your site:

But when you state "they are public schools" to start a response regarding two private schools, it really makes it hard to even read your (incorrect) opinion.

Advertisement
Back