Taylor Stubblefield

But how do you know he isn't a technical guy...How do you know he didn't absolutely WOW Diaz when they spoke

I don’t for the same reason I don’t know he isn’t actually an alien from Mars.

I said there is no evidence for this great teacher reputation. Whatever sweet nothings he whispered in Diaz’s ear during the interview, doesn’t change that.

Advertisement
Correct me if I'm wrong but Cooney is the only hold over from the woeful offensive staff we had and he got promoted to director of recruiting but people think he's being done wrong? Manny saw something in him by keeping him around when he could have obviously told him to run along, maybe he doesn't see it yet with his on field coaching. Let it play out.

I don’t for the same reason I don’t know he isn’t actually an alien from Mars.

I said there is no evidence for this great teacher reputation. Whatever sweet nothings he whispered in Diaz’s ear during the interview, doesn’t change that.

It ain't sweet things, it's called knowing what you are looking for in the WR coach.

what are they gonna do, make him the WR coach? lmao go ahead. Cooney already got a fvckin promotion.
Well, if FSU hires him and he starts pulling S. Florida recruits and this Stubblecrap doesn't work out, it could be a game changer.

Questioning Stubblefield is fair game, but its funny how those mad at Richt for nepotism are now mad any Manny for a local version of nepotism. Nothing is ever enough...

Advertisement
::Enter thread::
::See posters don't like the coach after reading his latest school's bio::
::exit thread::
tenor.gif

Since 2016 we've hired Rumph, Cooney & Demarcus Van Dyke, and the locals still sent kids elsewhere lol

Karl Scott the DB coach for Bama is from Houston TX, he coached at Southeastern LA, La Tech, Lousiana Lafayette & TTech before getting hired at Bama. He has absolutely NO connection to South Fla at all, still got Jobe, Surtain & Jordan Battle. Clemson doesn't have anybody on their staff from Coco Creek or South Dade, still got Trayvon Mullen & Frank Ladson.

I just don't get why they would be upset, Cooney is STILL on staff lol.

The last three coaches all hired coaches with no experience but were “connected” yet we continued to lose players becuase the coaches couldn’t coach!! @macho brought it up last summer

Patke is well respected and considered a rising coach

Patke is a Diaz guy. Had a significantly less impressive resume than TS but is now thought of pretty highly around here.
Doesn't matter. Point is, Campanaro was already established before stubble even came. Plus he was their #1 guy, of course he would have gotten the ball more by his senior season. I'm not crediting stubble at all. Can you name a WR he recruited and developed?

Could you name anyone that Patke, Banda, or even Baker recruited and developed before Diaz gave them their big break?

You don't have to love the hire but going out of your way to discredit the shred of evidence he can actually coach is just you being emotional.

It ain't sweet things, it's called knowing what you are looking for in the WR coach.

But your evidence is a supposed amazing interview.

My post: there is no evidence he has a great reputation as teacher of WRs.

You: yeah, well, what if he blew Manny away with his knowledge?

You understand how this supposed private interview isn’t actual evidence, right?

Advertisement
Y’all really give way too much credit to WR coaches. Scheme and Talent are number #1. Y’all swear by a resume like Dugans and he didn’t get major production. We didn’t showcase 3 1,000 yard receivers. We blocked well and that was his calling card. Like a good WR coach helps of course but y’all acting like it’ll make or break things

Maybe you are ri
Correct me if I'm wrong but Cooney is the only hold over from the woeful offensive staff we had and he got promoted to director of recruiting but people think he's being done wrong? Manny saw something in him by keeping him around when he could have obviously told him to run along, maybe he doesn't see it yet with his on field coaching. Let it play out.
I agree. Players do seem to have a hard on for him, though.

But your evidence is a supposed amazing interview.

My post: there is no evidence he has a great reputation as teacher of WRs.

You: yeah, well, what if he blew Manny away with his knowledge?

You understand how this supposed private interview isn’t actual evidence, right?

We don't need to see the evidence. We aren't coaching UM.

Advertisement
That’s fine but it’s still not in the same stratosphere as Jon.. and it’s not like he’d been at any places that you can recruit well at. I have no idea on the QBs, WRs and offensive systems he’s had at every place so I can’t speak on the stats. If he indeed ends up being the weakest link on the staff, it’s still light years better than where we were before

That a shot at Dugans?

Maybe you are ri

Since 2016 we've hired Rumph, Cooney & Demarcus Van Dyke, and the locals still sent kids elsewhere lol

Karl Scott the DB coach for Bama is from Houston TX, he coached at Southeastern LA, La Tech, Lousiana Lafayette & TTech before getting hired at Bama. He has absolutely NO connection to South Fla at all, still got Jobe, Surtain & Jordan Battle. Clemson doesn't have anybody on their staff from Coco Creek or South Dade, still got Trayvon Mullen & Frank Ladson.

I just don't get why they would be upset, Cooney is STILL on staff lol.

Fans think you need guys from south florida to get players. Miami needs to win, and this **** will take care of itself.

Advertisement
I understand why some people are not impressed with the hire. I certainly got my hopes up with some of the other candidates mentioned, like the Kentucky WR coach, as options for us. That being said, I am a bit confused at the reaction.

The thread that mentioned Cooney as a potential option had many criticizing that potential hire because he didn't have the experience, and had one of the board's insiders up in arms about that option. If we hired Cooney, and he did well recruiting, but our WRs were lacking in fundamentals, people would freak out that we hired a guy with no track record of coaching WRs and the result was bad coaching. Are people suggesting we should have promoted him because of the risk of someone else giving him an onfield position? That's a dumb idea if our coaches didn't feel he was ready. Sometimes guys get better job opportunities and they take them, like Stephen Fields leaving a recruiting job to coach TEs here.

People wanted Trooper Taylor. Sure, that guy used to be a stud recruiter. He's been a DB coach at Arkansas State for several years. He had an opportunity at Duke at WR coach because his son is on staff. The idea that he's still a big time player in the recruiting world seems pretty far fetched at this point.

Lamar Thomas? I mean, look, I loved him as a player, but the dude **** on our school when he was a coach at Lville, and Manny doesn't seem to be the kind of coach who would bring a guy who did that back, and there were questions about his recruiting.

We'll need Stubblefield to be at least a good technical coach or recruiter. We don't know if he'll be either. I get that makes people, including me, uneasy about the hire. But this guy isn't some rookie coach. He's been a position coach for almost 10 years. He has experience. Hopefully he'll be able to teach our WRs based off of that experience.

We don't need to see the evidence. We aren't coaching UM.

What?
LuCane’s point was: isn’t this guy supposed to be an amazing teacher of WRs?

There is, once again, zerooooooo evidence for that. Maybe he is. You could be right. But that certainly isn’t his reputation.

Maybe you are ri

Which players? The TEs campaigned for Hartley and Diaz didn't relent.

If the WRs are ****ed that their good-time pal who helped oversee perhaps the most disjointed unit on the team, did not get promoted for the second time in 3 weeks, that's too bad.

Advertisement
Back