Taylor Gadbois

Advertisement
Offensive Live Depth Chart. Art has done an amazing job over the years, and I think he will have these guys ready. The numbers alone should help reduce all of the shuffling and allow these kids to settle in.

1ST
LT Taylor Gadbois RJR 6-8 321
LG KC McDermott SO 6-6 315
C Nick Linder SO 6-3 300
RG Danny Isidora RJR 6-4 322
RT Trevor Darling SO 6-5 318

2ND
LT Tyree St. Louis FR 6-5 315 (The only true freshmen that should see any time)
LG Hunter Wells RSR 6-6 316
C Alex Gall JR 6-5 310
RG Jahair Jones RSO 6-4 327
RT Sunny Odogwu RSO 6-8 322

3RD
LT Brandon Loftus FR 6-6 300 (should redshirt)
LG Hunter Knighton RSO 6-6 300
C Tyler Grimsley RFR 6-3 300
RG Joe Brown RFR 6-4 331
RT Bar Milo FR 6-6 285 (should redshirt)

That leaves OG Tyler Gauthier FR 6-5 310 & OG Hayden Mahoney FR 6-5 290 redshirting and learning the system.

Advertisement
I gotta disagree. I think Milo has the strength, length, and athleticism to possibly play at either tackle spot this coming season. He also played **** good competition in HS, same competition that Kaaya had. And Kaaya did well as a true FR, I would venture to say.

St. Louis and Milo should be the only two true FR to get any PT, but...I could see Loftus (even though people think he's garbage) pushing for time too. I think he will be better than some give him credit for.

I'd shake up that 1st team chart a little too...I think left-to-right we could see Gadbois/Darling/Linder/Isidora/McDermott. No matter what, that's undoubtedly your best 5, but I think that might end up being the lineup...just swapping Darling and McDermott. It would be nice if Gadbois could play some G, then I would kick Darling to LT and Gadbois into LG, but Gadbois is just too **** tall to play G.

I'm really hoping St. Louis can come in and take the LT job and rn with it. In that respect we can put Gadbois or Darling at RT and have some quality depth at G, with McDermott and one of Darling or Gadbois.

The OL scares the **** out of me.

I gotta disagree. I think Milo has the strength, length, and athleticism to possibly play at either tackle spot this coming season. He also played **** good competition in HS, same competition that Kaaya had. And Kaaya did well as a true FR, I would venture to say.

St. Louis and Milo should be the only two true FR to get any PT, but...I could see Loftus (even though people think he's garbage) pushing for time too. I think he will be better than some give him credit for.

I'd shake up that 1st team chart a little too...I think left-to-right we could see Gadbois/Darling/Linder/Isidora/McDermott. No matter what, that's undoubtedly your best 5, but I think that might end up being the lineup...just swapping Darling and McDermott. It would be nice if Gadbois could play some G, then I would kick Darling to LT and Gadbois into LG, but Gadbois is just too **** tall to play G.

Darling is not a LT, go back and watch him against FSU and some other teams when he was a RT. He has slow feet and is constantly late to the point of attack. Many times he would try to cut block his man while the line slide down the LOS and he would end up flopping on his belly after missing his block on the DE.

Tyree St Louis probably has the best feet of all of the OL but needs to develop his strength.

If McDermott is 100% healthy, I would then play him at LT. Perhaps he does not have the quickest of feet, but he is better technically than any other potential Tackle on the team. I would then move Darling inside and keep Gadbois at RT as he proved last year that he could play the position.

Advertisement
# of starts isn't the best way to gauge OL experience

Gadbois, Gall, Wells and Isidora have played in parts of two seasons.

Linder, Darling, McDermott, Odogwu all played in games last season.

Why do people think that Guard is a dumping ground for guys that can't cut it at Tackle?

I'm insuating that, but we do have an issue all over the line and are going to need some guys that can step in and play G and that may be a guy that's played T. D$ has said McDermott may be better suited to play G and if that's the case we need to put him in the best spot to get on the field.

Advertisement
We have good players on the OL, I feel good from LG, c, RG, RT but not having a sure bet LT hurts more than all the other positions combined. Hope someone shocks us and takes it and runs away with it. Most likely candidates to do that are St. Louis and McDermott. Although I think St. Louis has the higher ceiling there, K.C. has the higher floor for at least the first half of next season if not the whole year.

Luckily we have 2 weeks vs Bethune Cookman and FAU to really watch our OL and mess with it until its right. Or let some young guys get used to the college level and playing with the older guys before Nebraska and Cincy and FSU, VT, Clemson roll up on the schedule.

Gadbois -- McDermott -- Linder -- Isidora -- Darling

Odogwu -- Knighton -- Grimsley -- Gall/Brown -- Wells

Redshirt:

Jones
St. Louis
Milo
Mahoney
Gauthier
Loftus

If Gadbois is at left we might have problems. He doesnt have left tackle feet at all, he is servicable at RT. I would like Mcdermott to grab Lt, and start Darling inside. Though Darling on the outside is solid. We NEED Jahair Jones to improve this summer as he needs to provide servicable depth and i dont think he is an iside guy, he lined up at LT all spring.

Two of the incoming ol got to come in ready to play. My guess is Milo- St.Louis...but every year we get surprised with some of our ol.

OL though we haveguys that played...really scared me after seeing them get thrown around in the spring. But thats spring and generally guys know each other tendencies, and dont go as hard as it still is considered practice in your mind (I played ol in college, and treated spring scrimmages just like practices, gentleman shake with my boy at de, if your spot is locked in)

Our base group can be solid to good if Gadbois is instituted in the lineup...as he wasnt an all conference level last year..but he held his own for sure.

We seem to have good depth at the center spot imo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back