Taylor Gadbois tweets that he is no longer a Miami Hurricane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh this escalated quickly. He must be a racist because he does t support POTATO (I mean POTUS). By the way none of the things you just gave him credit for are even true.
Not at all, I don't agree with every thing Obama does, he's a tad bit too liberal for me especially with some of his policies on a number of things. But I like him and he has certainly did some good things while in office

The Taliban leader would be Mullah Omar, who's still alive and well in Pakistan. You're probably giving him credit for UBL who he literally wouldn't have had killed if it weren't for so many other knowing about it. The guy has literally been on the wrong side of everything. Jesus he has members of the Muslim Brotherhood within his inner circle. By the way the State Dept recognizes them as a terrorist org. Not kidding. If you think he's a liberal Democrat that would mean he actually accepts democracy as a plausible form of govt. He does not. He was brought up a Sunni Muslim, studied at Madrasas as a kid and parents were both devout communist. He doesn't deny any of this.

Well football is boring right now so what the heck. The most interesting thing I have not seen mentioned is that conversion to Christianity carries death sentence in Islam and always has. Since Barack supposedly was baptized at some time, why was a death sentence never handed down? Unlike us, Muslims still believe and practice their faith. Since Obama was born of a Muslim father, they hold him as Muslim. If he converted he should have a least one fanatical cleric issuing a death sentence. Don't get me wrong, religion does not disqualify him from presidency like not being born in the states would someone. I am just wondering why Islam has not called for his head.

You are right about the Taliban. Bringing them down is something Bush actually did.

Islam itself doesn't call for your head if you convert. However, the Islamic EMPIRES did so because that was seen as treason. The Quran explicitly says there is no compulsion in religion but who has time to actually READ what their books say.

Do you read Arabic? I don't. I was told by former clients of mine, Sauds and Sunni Iranians, that their book is only allowed to be written in Arabic. Surely there are illegal, to them, translations, but it was an offense for them to have anything to do with one, so I never asked for one. I do know history, however, and Muhammad's lifetime and his four acknowledged righteous successors, the death penalty was strictly enforced and continued to be so whenever Islam obtained secular powers.

If you are relying on an illicit translation, be careful. Translations of religious text are famous for being tailored to fit someone's desires. Luther added "alone" to his translation of the Bible. For years the Catholic Mass in America's English translation contained many "mistakes" which American Bishops strongly resisted correcting despite clear instructions from Rome. Most dramatic was the use of "all" instead of "many" in the Consecration of the Host. "Many" is the clear translation but "all" better fit the popular heresy that everyone goes to Heaven. Islam is certainly a victim of misleading statements to make it more popular and acceptable to the secular West.

It might be of more interest to note the reaction certain American politicians have to secular vs Islamic rule in Islamic countries. When secular rulers control Islamic countries, persons of other Faiths seem to be safer. Once an Islamic government takes over, that is not usually the case. Yet, we find that some of our leaders always seem opposed to the secular rulers in those countries, despite America's lover affair with secularism. Cater is a classic example. Things he imposed on Iran were almost a step by step yellow brick road to the Islamic Revolution. The Shah was an important ally against USSR and one of our best friends in the Middle East. He also had a secular government. But for Carter he had to go. The results grow worse every day from that. Iran went from ally to most lethal enemy. Study your history. It tells less lies than most sources, but you still have to be careful.

Advertisement
Welp, this thread has run its course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back