Tate Rodemaker, '20 QB Valdosta (GA)

Advertisement
Aalah Brown. 2021 kid

Thank you. Definitely someone for the staff to keep an eye on. Has some of the best natural hands I've seen on a high school tape in a long time, and from a 2021 kid no less.

Last edited:
This kid make some **** nice throws..... even looks off a couple times and goes thru his 2nd and 3rd option .....

very very nice. I actually like him better than Van Dyke..

JC

Advertisement
And yet none have shown serious interest in coming here. Makes you wonder

Doesn’t make me wonder, the depth chart isn’t particularly inviting..

Prather visited didn’t he? IMO that’s serious interest even though I don’t believe he’s coming here.

Back on topic though, I really like Rodemaker. Checks a lot of the boxes that you look for in a HS QB.

Doesn’t make me wonder, the depth chart isn’t particularly inviting..

Prather visited didn’t he? IMO that’s serious interest even though I don’t believe he’s coming here.

Back on topic though, I really like Rodemaker. Checks a lot of the boxes that you look for in a HS QB.
Depth charts basically aren't ever inviting for good teams yet they reload those same spots every year. I don't think those 3 should be scaring anyone away anyway they certainly aren't stars. Was Mammarelli the #3 rated TE scared off by 2 young studs at his position? Prater did visit as have others and none have shown any serious interest since. Taking a vacation to Miami to have coaches kiss your *** isn't always strong interest. The countless local players that take a gazillion visits to campus yet are just waiting for an sec offer in reality aren't showing strong interest either. We aren't exactly going after the DJ Uiagalelei's of the world with these offers several have been average 3 stars without world beating offers.

On topic though yes I would gladly take this kid if he wanted in, and given his other offers I'm not sure why he wouldn't. But none of the guys we have pursued that have committed so far have done so to a better team except Beck and he was a pipe dream to begin with.

Advertisement
He also plays Basketball too which speaks to his natural athleticism which helps with footwork in the pocket.

Kid had a very good Junior year throwing for 3,586yds 31TD's 10INT's at 62.5%cmp.

Very nice arm with a quick release, ideal size & plays in an offense in HS that translates to College level ball with the pre-snap reads he has to make against pretty good competition.

agreed.

my favorite, and IMHO, the best sports for cross training a QB on balance,, body control, and coordination, and this is in no particular order:

Hockey
Lacrosse
Skiing
Basketball

i'm sure others will have their opinion, but those 4 are the best in my view.

Last edited:
This kid make some **** nice throws..... even looks off a couple times and goes thru his 2nd and 3rd option .....

very very nice. I actually like him better than Van Dyke..

JC

Easy there, cowboy!

That being said, I really like this kid too.

Most of the Top Tier schools sign a 4* QB recruit every year. Especially in an era when kids transfer right away if they don't like their current situation.
Depth Chart shouldn't be an excuse for us missing out on the top of our QB board.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back