Tate Martell

Nkosi has made several questionable decisions no doubt. However, the play calling really was atrocious this past year. I always make fun of four verts, but we really did run that play way too much. The success rate on that play was very low. Basically, having wide open recievers on a couple plays could drastically improve anyones game.

Having said that, bring me all the transfers. May the best man win.

Advertisement
Its weird to me that Martell talked so much then left without battling it out with Fields. Definitely possible that the coaches let him know that Fields would be the guy given the new coach's relationship with Fields, but still a risky move. The funniest part about their social media battle was after Martell sent out the second or third shot at Fields, Fields went and liked all of Martell's sister's instagram pics. Here's what the sister looks like fwiw. https://www.barstoolsports.com/chic...-lets-not-forget-the-other-star-of-the-family

Its weird to me that Martell talked so much then left without battling it out with Fields. Definitely possible that the coaches let him know that Fields would be the guy given the new coach's relationship with Fields, but still a risky move. The funniest part about their social media battle was after Martell sent out the second or third shot at Fields, Fields went and liked all of Martell's sister's instagram pics. Here's what the sister looks like fwiw. https://www.barstoolsports.com/chic...-lets-not-forget-the-other-star-of-the-family
Coach Day probably said to him if we get Fields it’s his job to lose. Just speculation but I can’t imagine him saying open comp and fields goes there

Advertisement
Word is that his waiver is a slam dunk, so I expect him to be eligible next year. Fields isn't afraid of competition, which is why he committed to UGA with Fromm there, but I have to agree with you there. I highly doubt Fields went to OSU without a guarantee. Things are about to get interesting after Fields wins his waiver. Have to think just about every player in the SEC will be able to transfer immediately with the amount of hicks that are fans of SEC schools.

Word is that his waiver is a slam dunk, so I expect him to be eligible next year. Fields isn't afraid of competition, which is why he committed to UGA with Fromm there, but I have to agree with you there. I highly doubt Fields went to OSU without a guarantee. Things are about to get interesting after Fields wins his waiver. Have to think just about every player in the SEC will be able to transfer immediately with the amount of hicks that are fans of SEC schools.

Where did you get this word about his waiver? Everything I've seen says that it's unclear at best (in reality, it's unlikely as the NCAA doesn't want to make it that easy to transfer or it will really turn into free agency)

Advertisement
Where did you get this word about his waiver? Everything I've seen says that it's unclear at best (in reality, it's unlikely as the NCAA doesn't want to make it that easy to transfer or it will really turn into free agency)
Everything I've heard on the radio, articles from OSU and Fields' lawyer, and Tate Martell putting his name in the transfer portal. Obviously there's no way to know for sure yet, but imo the NCAA wants no part of the bad publicity that would come with denying it. I don't seriously think the Fields' believe that UGA is a hostile environment given they let their daughter enroll at UGA to play softball two weeks after the UT incident happened. They probably just see the waiver as what is best for their son because if they win it he gets to play immediately and that helps him develop faster. A lot of UGA fans are salty about it, but I have a hard time believing any of them would put the needs of a university above the needs of their kid.

Lol, “word” from where??

Lol, “word” from where??
It just seems to be what people believe will happen at this point. According to the lawyer there is a lot more to it than just the Adam Sasser comment, which you'd expect to hear from Fields' lawyer. The reason I tend to believe it is because of Martell deciding to transfer and UGA insiders saying they believe Fields will win it. I also believe the NCAA doesn't want any negative publicity regarding race in today's social climate.

Advertisement
Bring everyone. Let them compete.

Kind sir,

I kindly request that you post with greater frequency, so that I may continue to enjoy seeing your avatar in multiple threads.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I appreciate your assistance in moving this initiative forward.

Kind Regards,
AutoCANE

Everything I've heard on the radio, articles from OSU and Fields' lawyer, and Tate Martell putting his name in the transfer portal. Obviously there's no way to know for sure yet, but imo the NCAA wants no part of the bad publicity that would come with denying it. I don't seriously think the Fields' believe that UGA is a hostile environment given they let their daughter enroll at UGA to play softball two weeks after the UT incident happened. They probably just see the waiver as what is best for their son because if they win it he gets to play immediately and that helps him develop faster. A lot of UGA fans are salty about it, but I have a hard time believing any of them would put the needs of a university above the needs of their kid.

I think you are mixing up Fields and Martell. Fields is likely to get the hardship waiver due to the racism stuff. Martell has an uphill battle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back