Tate Martell -- WR 1

Advertisement
his only catch was a screen, that's a designed play. and there was a play in the endzone that was designed for him but he ran into the LT and fell over. (when williams threw it to mallory. Mallory was supposed to be a clear out route to turn into the blocker and JT run in open field on a short flick)
Wrong.

Also, 2 plays designed for him is infinitely too little. There's no defending how little of the ball JT saw. KJ had 2 jet sweeps -- why in the world is anyone taking that over JT?

Bruh that was AWFUL. WHAT THE **** WAS THAT?

WHY IS TATE IN THEIR SO MUCH OVER POPE, WIGGINS, and HIGHTOWER??

WHY NO DEEP BALLS

WHY NO MAX PROTECT

WHY, WHY SO MUCH BULL**** Play action that was going to fool NO ONE.

PLAY ACTION SCREEN ON 1st and 25?????

This **** was just as bad as the **** we've seen the last 2 years.
He's not a better WR than Pope, Wiggins or Hightower. **** he's not a better WR than Few. Really odd to see him get so much game time today.

We didn't throw any deep balls because we had no time. I suspect we didn't go max protect because our two best offensive weapons are our TEs and Enos didn't want them blocking?

There were a few wildcat plays with Tate in that were okay but they had nothing to do with Tate. DJ made nice plays. It was horrible to have Tate run the wildcat late in the game though.

Advertisement
They were obviously trying to setup a play where Martell actually passed the ball but it never came. I don't have a problem with the idea but trying to do it in this game ended up being pointless.

He's not a better WR than Pope, Wiggins or Hightower. **** he's not a better WR than Few. Really odd to see him get so much game time today.

We didn't throw any deep balls because we had no time. I suspect we didn't go max protect because our two best offensive weapons are our TEs and Enos didn't want them blocking?
3 WR set 1 RB, keep the RB and TE in to block, go deep to Thomas or Osborn or somebody.

Advertisement
I commented on the same thing. After that, we delay of games and timeouts bc of poor clock management and we stopped it all. It kept Florida off balanced early on.

Mistakes were made all around but I'm sure Enos was taken aback by the fact that the Oline couldn't even get off the ball without trickery much less with it.

Mistakes were made all around but I'm sure Enos was taken aback by the fact that the Oline couldn't even get off the ball without trickery much less with it.
Why was there never a TE chipping away at Nelson's man?

I mean, we were all expecting him to scheme around Nelson and he did none of it.

Pope and Hightower should be fuuuckin livid
And I don't blame them either. I get it for trick plays and wildcat but as a slot? It was insulting to those guys who had been working as receiver all camp. It's like they did it so he doesn't transfer.

Why was there never a TE chipping away at Nelson's man?

I mean, we were all expecting him to scheme around Nelson and he did none of it.

Should have been, but our best pass catcher is our TE. Catch 22. Tim Reynolds tweeted Nelson was Willie Roaf in practice I expected better. John Campbell was the bigger **** up in IMO. **** was he awful.

Advertisement

Again though - shifts work, you abandon it. Wildcat works, you abandon it. Screens and short passing games works, you abandon it. Why?

Wrong.

Also, 2 plays designed for him is infinitely too little. There's no defending how little of the ball JT saw. KJ had 2 jet sweeps -- why in the world is anyone taking that over JT?

I'm grateful for our transfers but I didn't think the very first play of our season should've been a jet sweep to him. There's also no god **** reason Tate Martell should've played as much at WR as he did & he **** sure shouldn't have taken a single snap at QB.

That wasn't the only issue tonight & not the lone reason we lost. But thats the kinda **** that divides locker rooms. He lost the QB battle.. Still got reps there. He got reps at WR during some of the most important moments of the game, despite only practicing there a couple weeks.

Advertisement
Again though - shifts work, you abandon it. Wildcat works, you abandon it. Screens and short passing games works, you abandon it. Why?

They kept with Screens and Wildcats. Sacks and Penalties just killed drives. We were in a position to win just didn't finish.

Advertisement
Back