Tate Martell đź‘€

Advertisement
Could have came in with a sh*t load of ap credits too

No way. Not the way academics at OSU is structured and the kind of credits they accept. I just went through this with my son and I bet he took way more AP exams than Martell did.

Not so easy to get AP credits from schools these days btw.

B

Laughable. Everybody murders Rutgers. That's like saying our QB looked great against Savannah State. Don't overlook our horrendous blocking and how that affects a QB. Ohio State had great blocking and a great run game. Any QB should look good in their offense. He's just mediocre which is why they went after and got Fields.

I'm from the Midwest. I watch Big 10 football a lot. From what I've seen of his few snaps, He's not the dude. Would have been 3rd string if their 2nd string guy didn't transfer to LSU. He's too short. Moreover, he plays short. Very mechanical in his arm motion and delivery. His game reminds me of Rosier. Better runner than passer. Will get a lot of balls batted down and has a hard time seeing the field.

Our QB room has better arm talent than Martell. They're young and just need to be coached better. They will thrive under Enos. Martell can come in and compete if he wants. Best case is he's a backup to either N'kosi or Jarren because one of them will transfer after the other becomes the starter in either 2019 or 2020 depending on if Jalen Hurts transfers to Miami. I pencil in Hurts as the starter because he already knows the Enos offense. But, don't get it twisted, I think N'kosi and Jarren could compete with Hurts if Hurts didn't have the advantage of already knowing the playbook and working with Enos.

All you Martell lovers can keep sucking his *#%^ if you want. I'll pass!!!
you think Williams and perry are better prospects than this kid? Anddddd you compared his game to Malik Rosier...

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/ge...1-b4d2-002655e6c45a&gendersport=boys,football

Williams nor perry put up these type numbers nor where as highly regarded as this kid. He couldn’t beat out Haskins who will be a 1st Rd pick..perry or Williams couldn’t beat out Malik Rosier.
Open comp, my money is firmly on this cat to beat out both Williams and perry. The fact you said he’s too short. News flash, in today’s modern Os height doesn’t matter as much as it once did. See Russell Wilson, drew brees, Baker. Arm talent wise, this kid can every make throw perry or Williams can make and from his HS clips and his 28 college throws he looks more accurate than the two.

Lastly, this kid is a playmaker in the pocket and outside the pocket. Once again back to his highlights, he made accurate throws moving right and moving to his left which directly reflects natural arm talent.

Your right he hasn’t proven on the college level. But what has Williams or perry proven at this level other than they couldn’t beat out rosier? And yes Enos will enhance JDUB and perry. But that also includes martell If he’s here too

Advertisement
B

Laughable. Everybody murders Rutgers. That's like saying our QB looked great against Savannah State. Don't overlook our horrendous blocking and how that affects a QB. Ohio State had great blocking and a great run game. Any QB should look good in their offense. He's just mediocre which is why they went after and got Fields.

I'm from the Midwest. I watch Big 10 football a lot. From what I've seen of his few snaps, He's not the dude. Would have been 3rd string if their 2nd string guy didn't transfer to LSU. He's too short. Moreover, he plays short. Very mechanical in his arm motion and delivery. His game reminds me of Rosier. Better runner than passer. Will get a lot of balls batted down and has a hard time seeing the field.

Our QB room has better arm talent than Martell. They're young and just need to be coached better. They will thrive under Enos. Martell can come in and compete if he wants. Best case is he's a backup to either N'kosi or Jarren because one of them will transfer after the other becomes the starter in either 2019 or 2020 depending on if Jalen Hurts transfers to Miami. I pencil in Hurts as the starter because he already knows the Enos offense. But, don't get it twisted, I think N'kosi and Jarren could compete with Hurts if Hurts didn't have the advantage of already knowing the playbook and working with Enos.

All you Martell lovers can keep sucking his *#%^ if you want. I'll pass!!!
We can agree to disagree.

Dude has all the talent in the world and every college in the nation outside of Ohio state, Clemson, and bama would take him in a heartbeat

He's 10x better than anything we got in our locker room

We beat out Kentucky for jarren Williams, we'll near out every team in the country for this dude

Am I the only one who no longer gives a **** about whether our players boom or bust in the nfl? I’d prefer they make the hall of fame, but we need to be more focused on developing them while at Miami. That is half of the problem with our program and why guys keep leaving early. If Martell is going to play like Haskins but at Miami, I will take him. He would be drafted if that were the case, which helps recruiting. People also forget a healthy number of players drafted high from 00-04 were not as good in the pros.

Am I the only one who no longer gives a **** about whether our players boom or bust in the nfl? I’d prefer they make the hall of fame, but we need to be more focused on developing them while at Miami. That is half of the problem with our program and why guys keep leaving early. If Martell is going to play like Haskins but at Miami, I will take him. He would be drafted if that were the case, which helps recruiting. People also forget a healthy number of players drafted high from 00-04 were not as good in the pros.
I gave up on that when Sam shields turned into a solid corner for the Packers during their super bowl run

It was infuriating to see a player we knew had talent but getting under utilized

F the NFL we need to win

Advertisement
you think Williams and perry are better prospects than this kid? Anddddd you compared his game to Malik Rosier...

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/ge...1-b4d2-002655e6c45a&gendersport=boys,football

Williams nor perry put up these type numbers nor where as highly regarded as this kid. He couldn’t beat out Haskins who will be a 1st Rd pick..perry or Williams couldn’t beat out Malik Rosier.
Open comp, my money is firmly on this cat to beat out both Williams and perry. The fact you said he’s too short. News flash, in today’s modern Os height doesn’t matter as much as it once did. See Russell Wilson, drew brees, Baker. Arm talent wise, this kid can every make throw perry or Williams can make and from his HS clips and his 28 college throws he looks more accurate than the two.

Lastly, this kid is a playmaker in the pocket and outside the pocket. Once again back to his highlights, he made accurate throws moving right and moving to his left which directly reflects natural arm talent.

Your right he hasn’t proven on the college level. But what has Williams or perry proven at this level other than they couldn’t beat out rosier? And yes Enos will enhance JDUB and perry. But that also includes martell If he’s here too
Two years ago in high school. Convince yourself all you want. Ohio State went elsewhere for a reason.

Two years ago in high school. Convince yourself all you want. Ohio State went elsewhere for a reason.
“Went elsewhere” they accepted a transfer from the previous class number 2 ranked QB. You always stack talent no matter what’ u think you have. That would be like us denying a top RB transfer. Plus Urban Meyer is gone. Maybe the kid just wanted to transfer..Ohio State didn’t cut him or kick him off. In fact go read their boards they are bummed he’s leaving. Lastly Williams and perry are not better prospects that’s this kid

Advertisement
We can agree to disagree.

Dude has all the talent in the world and every college in the nation outside of Ohio state, Clemson, and bama would take him in a heartbeat

He's 10x better than anything we got in our locker room

We beat out Kentucky for jarren Williams, we'll near out every team in the country for this dude
Bull****!!! Why did Ohio State look elsewhere? Why was it even possible for Fields to transfer there? Ohio State could have said, well we like you, but we already have our guy. Why is he transferring? Could have stayed and competed. Fields may not even be eligible until 2020.

Funny how you say Martell is 10x better. Based on what? He hasn't done anything in college. We haven't even seen Jarren that much and I contribute a lot of the on the field problems with N'kosi on:

1. His off the field stupidly. Cost playing time.
2. Flip flopping QBs. Hurt growth.
3. Terrible play calling.
4. Horrendous blocking. No running game
5. 1st year starter.

N'kosi threw some dimes that only the top QBs in the country can throw. I'd like to see him in the new offense with hopefully a year wider a far as maturity goes

Any of our QBs would thrive in Ohio State's offense with their power running game and spread offense.

Last edited:
“Went elsewhere” they accepted a transfer from the previous class number 2 ranked QB. You always stack talent no matter what’ u think you have. That would be like us denying a top RB transfer. Plus Urban Meyer is gone. Maybe the kid just wanted to transfer..Ohio State didn’t cut him or kick him off. In fact go read their boards they are bummed he’s leaving. Lastly Williams and perry are not better prospects that’s this kid
BS. He has posted on social media trying to scare Fields from transferring there. Didn't work. Once Fields transferred, Martell ready to leave rather than compete. He had all the advantages of 2 years in the offense and as you said was a 5-star recruit with so many tools.

If you watched Ohio State last year, they called mostly QB read run plays with Martell.

I could care less if he transfers here or not. Nearly every player improves from one year to the next. Let them all compete and see who comes out on top.
I'm betting on our current QB room.

I hate our fan base. So quick to give up on our players. Good thing you're not the coach. Manny has already stated that he thinks our QB room is talented. He'll probably welcome Martell because we don't have a QB in the 2019 class.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Im fine with getting Tate and Hurts. Tate can't transfer again most likely and if he loses the job he only has to sit a year. He will ***** but we will get better. Then he takes the reigns as a RS JR and has 2 years to **** **** up

It was stated on Twitter (bubba bolden) and on some other sites that Tate will not have to sit.

This, and that’s why it’s unlikely we can get both. Good predicament to be in. But, if I’m choosing between the two, I’m taking Hurts. I think he’s the better QB right now and a proven leader.

Advertisement
Back