Targets for the 2021 class.

Hurricane23

Sophomore
Premium
Now that signing day 2020 is in the rear view, can we get a list of our top 10-15 targets for 21’ class. Note: we also already have 8 commitments for 21’.

Advertisement
I would think L. Taylor snf Y. Brown would be at the top of the south Florida prospects. But there a ton of excellent local recruits.

Some local names off the top of my head that UM should be monitoring (will probably leave some out):

RB

Thaddius Franklin (Chaminade)
Breshard Smith (Palmetto)
Amari Daniels (Central)

TE

Khalil Brantley (Northwestern)

WR

Jacorey Brooks (Booker T)
Romello Brinson (Northwestern)
Bralon Brown (Chaminade)
Quincey Skinner (STA)
Jaden Alexis (Monarch)
Yulkeith Brown (Central)
Troy Stellato (Gibbons)
TJ Huggins (Killian)
Jacolby George (Plantation)
Fred Eaford (Deerfield Beach)
Oronde Gadsen (American Heritage)

OL

Marcus Tate (University)
Laurence Seymore (Central)
Ryan Rodriguez (Columbus)
Michael McClaughlin (Douglas)
Michael Marshall (Norland)
Kareem Harden (Stranahan)
Andrew Weisz (Benjamin)

DE

Dallas Turner (STA)
Jabari Ishmael (Columbus)
Patrick Payton (Northwestern)
Chamon Metayer (North Miami)

DT

Leonard Taylor (Palmetto)
Savion Collins (Palmetto)
Tyreak Sapp (STA)
Allan Haye (Chaminade)
Anthony Hundley (LSU)
Reggie Session (Carol City)
Boaz Saint-Vil (STA)

LB

James Williams (American Heritage)
Jaydon Hood (STA)
Tyler Johnson (South Dade)
Terrence Lewis (Chaminade)
Ja'Corey Hammett (Northwestern)

S

Kamren Kinchens (Northwestern)
Phillip O'Brien (Deerfield Beach)
Corey Collier (Palmetto)
Tavoris Miller (South Miami)
Donovan Edwards (Palmetto)

CB

Jason Marshall (Palmetto)
Jaden McBurrows (STA)
Markevious Brown (IMG via Pahokee)
Kevin Knowles (McArthur)
Tim Burns Jr. (Northwestern)

@DMoney . Awesome list. I know it's early and kids will emerge in Spring and Summer. But the LB board seems especially thin given Williams and Lewis are going to be hard to land. Question, are we only taking 1 TE this cycle?

Advertisement
@DMoney . Awesome list. I know it's early and kids will emerge in Spring and Summer. But the LB board seems especially thin given Williams and Lewis are going to be hard to land. Question, are we only taking 1 TE this cycle?

I think we go out of state for the other TE. It's early but I like Elijah Arroyo from Texas.

Don't sleep on Tyler Johnson at LB. I heard he was unbelievable when they ran him through drills and he is extremely twitchy.

Bernathel at Hallandale (MLB) could be an option, Isiah Finnie (OLB) at Mcarthur loves the Canes. Those are 2 LBs from the city of Hollywood alone we may look at.

Not sure whats in Palm Beach.

DMoney, great list - two questions.

1) First list I've seen that references James williams as a LB. I was not sure about safety because I didn't have a good handle on his athletic ability but I was under the impression it was borderline elite.?

2) Oronde Gadsen sighting! Talk to me about this guy - are his hands as big as his pop's?

Advertisement
FEB19154-CE74-4B42-8A57-75C593219D6F.jpeg

JAMES WILLIAMS Safety

Is Brantley big enough/have enough projection to be a true TE? Serious question as I have ignored '21 to this point.

I did see where Metayer has also been playing some TE, is that a realistic option??

Advertisement
Advertisement
DMoney, great list - two questions.

1) First list I've seen that references James williams as a LB. I was not sure about safety because I didn't have a good handle on his athletic ability but I was under the impression it was borderline elite.?

2) Oronde Gadsen sighting! Talk to me about this guy - are his hands as big as his pop's?

James Williams reminds me of Isaiah Simmons at Clemson. I would project him to that kind of unique, hybrid role. He is big time.

Gadsen is similar to his father in size and playing style. Wouldn't put him as a Miami-type prospect yet but he is a solid prospect.

Is Brantley big enough/have enough projection to be a true TE? Serious question as I have ignored '21 to this point.

I did see where Metayer has also been playing some TE, is that a realistic option??

Brantley is a hybrid guy like a Larry Hodges. He has the receiving skills of a WR but is also very tough and physical. I'd project him in the 6'2, 230, high 4.6-4.7 range as a finished product.

Metayer can play TE but Miami can do better at that position. He projects as a front 7 guy for us. He has DE size but moves surprisingly well in space. I would like to see what kind of mentality he plays with as a senior.

Thanks, D$. One more speculative question -- given the new coaching staff, do you expect the majority of the uncommitted recruits in the class will wait to commit until the season starts. Or do you think we'll be nearing 20 commits by August like the last couple of classes, with Paradise the big event again?

Some local names off the top of my head that UM should be monitoring (will probably leave some out):

RB

Thaddius Franklin (Chaminade)
Breshard Smith (Palmetto)
Amari Daniels (Central)

TE

Khalil Brantley (Northwestern)

WR

Jacorey Brooks (Booker T)
Romello Brinson (Northwestern)
Bralon Brown (Chaminade)
Quincey Skinner (STA)
Jaden Alexis (Monarch)