TAMU Game Week Discussion Thread 2.0

Advertisement
No, based on the fact we have 10 returning starters on offense, a very good QB who was a true fresh last year and didnt start til our 10th game of season, we started an all-freshman O line at end of the year, and we hired Bobby Petrino to totally revamp the O. What you saw against NM is not going to be the O you see Saturday.

Will we score a lot? I have no idea. But like I said, if we DO get going, I think we CAN score a bunch. We'll see.
How is Weigman a "very good QB"? He has 4 starts

If the DBs turn their heads, they'll be able to make the plays. New Mexico DBs never turned their head when they could've knocked his passes down
I was surprised how many times he put the ball up for grabs. I know their receivers bodied New Mexico's guys but against any team with a pulse, that could be trouble. I was also pleasantly surprised with how our DBs looked against Ohio Miami. Once again, the competition wasn't much but their outside receivers did absolutely nothing against our secondary. Their slot guy was active but I expect Guidry to go with Jaden Davis at nickel this week instead of Couch.

exactly the same as A&M. whoever wins this game will be the most overhyped team of the season thus far (aside from FSU).
You know what I agree which ever team wins is going to get a lot of hype…. things will get the ball steam rolling if we win

I was surprised how many times he put the ball up for grabs. I know their receivers bodied New Mexico's guys but against any team with a pulse, that could be trouble. I was also pleasantly surprised with how our DBs looked against Ohio Miami. Once again, the competition wasn't much but their outside receivers did absolutely nothing against our secondary. Their slot guy was active but I expect Guidry to go with Jaden Davis at nickel this week instead of Couch.
New Mexico's safeties werent providing help over the top either, I expect to see Kam to be that help, especially with him being a ballhawk.

I know it wasn't much of a competition vs Miami OH but in the past our DBs even got cooked or committed penalties vs the same level competition. Jaden Davis had a good PBU. If the veteran DBs can turn their heads, the turnover chances are there.

Advertisement
download.jpg

Yell_Leader_Form_01.jpg

FkC3iOdWYAAWo1x.jpg

No, based on the fact we have 10 returning starters on offense, a very good QB who was a true fresh last year and didnt start til our 10th game of season, we started an all-freshman O line at end of the year, and we hired Bobby Petrino to totally revamp the O. What you saw against NM is not going to be the O you see Saturday.

Will we score a lot? I have no idea. But like I said, if we DO get going, I think we CAN score a bunch. We'll see.
I Hope yall come out throwing it.

If we are in FG range in the first half and go for it on 4th and don't get it I'm going to lose it

Take the **** points!

Also, canes by 1 not sure the score, but 44ish total points #timestamp
Hopefully Brian Kelly isn't on our sideline

Advertisement
I wonder are we comfortable with putting Richard's in the nickel to guard against Noah Thomas 6’5 guy they like to put in the slot. They are going to throw a good amount of deep balls. last week our guys didn’t turn the heads around enough they could have made plays on some of those balls.

Advertisement
My concerns going into this game:

-TVD thumb injury maybe not being 100%

-Talent advantage for Texas A&M

-Elijah Arroyo not being 100% as I think he could be a mismatch. As the moment we have a blocking TE who doesn't threaten the passing game, and TE who can threaten the passing game, but can't block. So you sorta tell the defense run/pass by who is out there. Then you have a guy who can do some of both in Riley Williams, but he is a true frosh.

-Our WR's getting some separation in tight man coverage

-Our CB's covering their talented group of WR's

-Jalen Rivers and Francis Mauigoa in pass protection. A guard playing tackle, and a true freshman.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back