Tampering

Advertisement
Nick is just mad that he'll have less control over his players. For him to complain about cheating, made me lmfao. Every year, Alabaga has every advantage possible in cfb. Its embarrassing the talent they sign every year. And still, he finds a reason to complain and *****..... Saban is giving me ex wife vibes lol

What would be wrong with allowing open recruitment of college players? If a guy is not good enough for school “A” why should he waste his time sitting. Instead, let him play where he is wanted at school “B”? It would stop some schools from stockpiling players that could help other schools.

What would be wrong with allowing open recruitment of college players? If a guy is not good enough for school “A” why should he waste his time sitting. Instead, let him play where he is wanted at school “B”? It would stop some schools from stockpiling players that could help other schools.

Probably nothing, as long as it’s out in the open.

But as long as the current system is in place, where Emmert allows Saban a completely free hand at back door cheating, with absolutely no repercussions, the schools with significantly less money and resources, like Miami, are royally fūcked.

Advertisement
"Tampering" is an oppressive rule anyway and it has no place in modern college sports. These young men should be free to talk to whoever they want and go find the best situation for themselves.

Imagine being in the business world and your company tells you that you are not allowed to ever interview for another job, you're just stuck. That would be ridiculous. Yet colleges can basically treat athletes like they are property.

The closest analogy I can think of in the business world is these "non-compete" contracts that some companies have - but I'm against those too. Never honored one, and never enforced one. And never will. People should be free to go out and get whatever the market will give them. I don't care if you're a college football player, a consultant, or whatever. You should be free to go out and find the best situation for yourself, and to take your talents with you. If that's at your current school/company, great. If they're not willing to pony up and you find a better offer somewhere else, then that's great too.

Just such a backward way of doing things. I hope that rule dies and is eliminated from college sports totally.

Probably nothing, as long as it’s out in the open.

But as long as the current system is in place, where Emmert allows Saban a completely free hand at back door cheating, with absolutely no repercussions, the schools with significantly less money and resources, like Miami, are royally fūcked.

In theory, it might make sense, but in practice, it only makes the $EC and a few other select schools with huge booster ranks and a propensity to cheat even stronger. Lets say the Bama QB goes down in practice before the season. Bama could offer Sam Howell $1MM or more to transfer. But if Howell was injured at UNC, they could not offer $1MM to the Bama QB.

You can always tell who the coaches that have the most bagged up players are by how much they hate transfers. They know they paid for four years but aren’t going to get their money’s worth and can’t do a **** thing about it.

Coaches in college had so much control and this is correcting that. Lol @sabans comment, he’s the ultimate cheater

Advertisement
In theory, it might make sense, but in practice, it only makes the $EC and a few other select schools with huge booster ranks and a propensity to cheat even stronger. Lets say the Bama QB goes down in practice before the season. Bama could offer Sam Howell $1MM or more to transfer. But if Howell was injured at UNC, they could not offer $1MM to the Bama QB.

I’m having a tough day I’m not sure I follow. Not your fault, I haven’t gotten out of first gear today

Advertisement
I don't think the NCAA cares since they have allowed college basketball to become the farm league for the NBA. Also this creates parity as an immediate fix for poor recruiting. Unfortunately as I read the article I was considering how we have benefited more than most.

Instantly thought of UF and Lingard / Pope. Also can’t help but wonder if Manny didn’t do with with Stevenson.

**** michicane how culd you confuze me an canedog? That boys city and I’m out here in da stix. I beleev he frum waycross or Blackshear, both have 3or 4 red lights and a restaurant. We are goin to da bama game with ole Johnny tho.

Advertisement
This is fantastic. We can tamper with all the South Florida kids that go to small schools and ball out (not just in KKK land).

Can get the occasional SEC SFL stud after they collect enough bags and realize they can make it to the league here in their last year rather than bearing one more year in confederate-ville.

Advertisement
Back