Tampa LB Jackson feeling Miami

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2014 Tampa Jesuit LB Vincent Jackson (6’3”, 240) has been one of the most talked about recruits in Florida for about a year now and it looks like his recruitment could be winding down soon. Jackson tweeted today, “I believe I'm going to commit at the end of Spring ball or maybe summer.” Jackson added to that tweet with this comment.

“It’s something that was on my mind, it was just a thought. I’m not 100% sure I’m gonna do it then, but there is a chance. If I don’t do it then, I’ll probably wait till the end of the season,” said Jackson.

Jackson has also been tweeting a good amount about his love for Miami, which is a school he visited recently.

“The Miami trip was nice and it was almost like the icing on the cake because I hadn’t really seen the school aspect of it so I was able to see around the school. I got to meet with Duke (Johnson) and some of the other players.”

One of Jackson’s former teammates, Travis Johnson, was a Miami commitment for the 2013 class before the two sides parted ways. Jackson says the incident won’t affect him.

“Someone was showing me some threads the other day about some Miami fans talking and comparing me to Travis (Johnson) saying that my offer list looks deceiving and that they didn’t think it was committable, but me and Travis’ situation is completely different. There was a reason Miami didn’t want Travis at the end last year and there’s a reason they’ve wanted me since freshman year.”

The talented linebacker prospect went into more detail about the ‘Canes.

“I just like Miami, I have friends and family down in Palm Beach. I keep up with all the coaches that have offered me, but Miami is like the strongest with the coaches because they’ve wanted me to commit since last year. I feel more trust with them and they’re the best coaching staff I’ve seen next to Oregon’s.”

Miami has used a staff-wide effort to recruit Jackson.

“Honestly, it was Carroll, but I’ve been recruited by so many coaches from there. Coach Golden has been to the school about four times to come see me and talk to me.”

There was talk months ago that Jackson was being recruited as a tight end to Miami, but he says that isn’t necessarily the case.

“Their first thing with me was always defense. A lot of schools say I’m pretty good on offense, so they wouldn’t mind having me there, but most of the priority is on defense.”

Although some may be wondering if Jackson will outgrow the linebacker position, he is working on staying there.

“My whole thing this offseason was to get better in coverage and with lateral movement and overall speed, which is the whole thing with college now. I went to the Nike camp and the Rivals camp.”

**Alabama, Georgia, Oregon, and Texas A&M are the other schools near the top of Jackson’s list.
**He will be visiting Alabama this weekend with Isaiah Wynn.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Atleast the kid is using his brain and also waiting until he's 100% sure. Can't hate on that at all. He'll be a cane tho

Advertisement
“Someone was showing me some threads the other day about some Miami fans talking and comparing me to Travis (Johnson) saying that my offer list looks deceiving and that they didn’t think it was committable, but me and Travis’ situation is completely different. There was a reason Miami didn’t want Travis at the end last year and there’s a reason they’ve wanted me since freshman year.”

I SEE YOU VINCE

Last edited:
Unfortunately not even recruits explicitly stating in interviews that they read message board comments will stop posters on here from making all the negative posts about recruits they do.

At least on Grassy the mods would delete posts that made negative comments about recruits.

Advertisement
Unfortunately not even recruits explicitly stating in interviews that they read message board comments will stop posters on here from making all the negative posts about recruits they do.

At least on Grassy the mods would delete posts that made negative comments about recruits.

The door is to your left...

I have been saying forever that he isn't a troll and his love for UM is real. He's been getting criticized for his recruitment and TJs recruitment since the decommittment last because he was at the front defending Travis and the whole situation so it may not just be the fact that he's reading the boards he may have been feeling that way for months

Hopefully he commits soon and starts recruiting other Tampa kids to join him.

He looks like a good OLB/DE hybrid, can't have too many of those.

Advertisement
I have faith that this young man will make the right decision soon. Vincent, if you read this, don't listen to **** Cristobal tells you this weekend! Come on down to the Gables. You have that nasty streak that fits perfect with the U!

That man is dead to the family.

Please leave.

Advertisement
Back