Tampa article talking about Golden flipping Crawford...

Mangum

Junior
Golden must have really left an impression on the coaches and players here in Tampa...

“U” Better Recognize…Don’t Hate The Player, Hate the Game

Attention all units; BOLO for a man last seen wearing a white dress shirt, orange and green-striped tie and carries a business card with a “U” on the front of it. He’s probably been by your school or sent some of his Capo’s to “negotiate” some contracts that were under a different union already, so by the time you see this man, it may in fact be TOO LATE to save yourselves. He’s already wanted for the attempted destruction of recruiting classes and should be considered armed and dangerous with special fruit from Coral Gables known to entice even the staunchest of moral characters. This assailant has a reputation for strong-arming the strong-armed. He’s a ninja in a stork’s clothes. He is, the “G” in Golden. You can make the case that schools like Louisville, West Virginia and Stanford are quite capable of owning their own little portions of South and Central Florida, but Al Golden is straight clearing fools off his block and expanding his empire with the same voracity of Sonny Corleone confronting Carlo for beating up on Connie. Paul Johnson may be talking about the word commitment, but he’s probably feeling like Fredo more than Michael in terms of his “family’s” definition of commitment at the moment.

Read the rest.

“U” Better Recognize…Don’t Hate The Player, Hate the Game

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
"Al Golden called and I got the **** out of Mississippi" - Art Kehoe

I dont know what I just read, something about pimp hands, scarface and fools getting cleared off the block.

Advertisement
Good lord... Let's mix a few more metaphors - "you can lead a yak to water, but you can't teach an old dog to make a silk purse out of a pig in a poke. Go Canes!"

This is the classic “two sides of the story” tale regarding the “game” of recruiting and we have yet to get all of the details, nor should we expect to get all of them for the simple reason that we aren’t going to actually learn anything we don’t already know; which is kids get their feelings hurt and coaches do too. The reason Paul Johnson is upset with Antonio Crawford is the same reason that he’s happy with Anthony Harrell in my opinion. Although the situations may be diametrical in foundation for both young men (meaning WHY they committed), Johnson wasn’t complaining when the Jesuit LB decided to flip from Wake Forest at the last second thus dishonoring a commitment he had made somewhere else to come and help the Yellow Jackets. I could be wrong, but I didn’t hear the coach pontificating on the importance of commitment then. I mean, he wasn’t turned away when he said he wanted to go to school in Atlanta instead of Winston-Salem correct? What’s so different about Antonio doing the same thing to Tech that Anthony did to Wake the previous season?

Is the only paragraph worth reading. GT coach Johnson poached committed kids so why is he complaining when it happens to him?

Advertisement
On top of all the other criticisms, I object to the author using the term "Bay Area" to describe Tampa.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back