Talk to me about the TE position

ghost2

Retired staff
Premium
How would you use our TEs in this offense?

Multiple TE sets a la New England?

Single TE with 3-4 WR?

I think the emergence of Standish Dobard has made multiple TE sets a real possibility. Motion him or Walford out wide on a LB and send them up the seam or underneath.

What say you?

Advertisement
I think our weapons would be best used in 3-wide, single TE sets. Spread the field, gives Duke more running lanes as well as getting our playmakers the ball in space.

However, like you said, with the emergence of Dobard I can see us going 2 TE sets.

Walford should have been targeted on every single first set of downs in every single game last year. It was embarrassing how little he was used until Morris absolutely had to have a first down.

Advertisement
Yea Walford is much better than people think man. He is a proven baller. Every game announcers would rave about how 90% of his catches result in TDs or first downs. And thats with one trick pony Dorris as his qb lol. Kid could have easily had 800+ yards cause he was ALWAYS open! You could always spot Walford in dudes face on the sideline saying he was open. The struggle is REAL!

Advertisement
Walford should have been targeted on every single first set of downs in every single game last year. It was embarrassing how little he was used until Morris absolutely had to have a first down.

That along with the abomination of lack of passes to Duke! Not sure if Olsen will do much better, thats where it really hurts with the loss of Williams.

That along with the abomination of lack of passes to Duke! Not sure if Olsen will do much better, thats where it really hurts with the loss of Williams.

I've said it about a thousand times but Duke and Crawford should have been a deadly combo from the backfield/slot last year and Yearby is yet another example. If Coley doesn't get those guys the ball, he should be fired on that alone. Especially watching the offense completely break down at times and watching Morris throw 15 incompletions in a row, when you have so many safety valve/confidence building options on the team. ******* mind blowing.

One ray of sunshine I've seen through Spring ball is the middle of the field utilized a lot more by both Olsen and Williams. Whether that's the result of a change in QB or OC philosophy, who knows - probably some of both - but it's an encouraging start at least. Olsen's throw to Lewis on an intermediate crossing route in the Spring Game was something we haven't seen from a Miami QB in a while, or at least it sure feels that way.

Till Olsen gets better in games we should just throw short stuff to TE and WR for the majority of our passing game. We got to run the ball to open up the passing game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back