Talent Evaporators

11-2, 11-2, 12-2, 8-5, 9-4, 11-2, 13-1, 10-3; Lsu's records under Miles. Not sure how you do that in the hardest division in football without developing talent, but ok.

Miles looks and acts like a goofball, but there's no way you post records like that without being a **** good coach. Nobody can put their finger on it, but he has something!

Advertisement
11-2, 11-2, 12-2, 8-5, 9-4, 11-2, 13-1, 10-3; Lsu's records under Miles. Not sure how you do that in the hardest division in football without developing talent, but ok.

Miles looks and acts like a goofball, but there's no way you post records like that without being a **** good coach. Nobody can put their finger on it, but he has something!

goons, savages, and goblins.

The type of guys Miami used to recruit.

Mo money, mo mnoey, mo money .. that's how. And throw in an ocasional Lexus here and there.

#1 has to be Petersen right?

I would definitely agree with that. He's sending kids from Boise State to the 1st round of the NFL draft on a consistent basis.

I wouldn't say Petersen is #1. He lands 2nd tier level prospects and utilizes a scheme which works out really well. I wouldn't say he lands the best talent or evaluates the best but he is one of the best **** coaches out there. For the talent he has, he makes kids who don't have the greatest tools NFL players (kellen Moore) I'm so schocked he is still at Boise St. One day some school will throw a huge amount of money at him.

Advertisement
Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1533626 said:
Miles is a laughable pick, has no business on this list. What hidden gems has he developed or evaluated? He can't even put together an explosive offense with 5* prospects.

On your list of 5 I only like Saban and Meyer. Richt is riding the wave of some top classes, Kelly got lucky last year (Nix and Te'O were elite prospects anyways), and Miles eats grass.

The guys on here giving Beamer and Petersen love are making more sense. I like Jim Mora Jr also, but most pro coaches have a better eye because they've seen the real thing up close.

I think Miles has a better case than Saban. Saban gets all 4 and 5 stars and a lot of those kids become nothing in the NFL. Miles helped develop Morris Claiborne, Honey Badger, Bennie Logan, Kelvin Sheppard, Brandon Lafell, and Alfred Blue into studs and they were all 3 stars. I don't see how he's a laughable pick at all.

Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1533626 said:
Miles is a laughable pick, has no business on this list. What hidden gems has he developed or evaluated? He can't even put together an explosive offense with 5* prospects.

On your list of 5 I only like Saban and Meyer. Richt is riding the wave of some top classes, Kelly got lucky last year (Nix and Te'O were elite prospects anyways), and Miles eats grass.

The guys on here giving Beamer and Petersen love are making more sense. I like Jim Mora Jr also, but most pro coaches have a better eye because they've seen the real thing up close.

I think Miles has a better case than Saban. Saban gets all 4 and 5 stars and a lot of those kids become nothing in the NFL. Miles helped develop Morris Claiborne, Honey Badger, Bennie Logan, Kelvin Sheppard, Brandon Lafell, and Alfred Blue into studs and they were all 3 stars. I don't see how he's a laughable pick at all.

Heisman winner: http://alabama.scout.com/a.z?s=14&p=8&c=1&nid=3042832

The list should start with Randy and end with Shannon.
Anyone else are mere amateurs at wasting talent compared with the innate ability Randy brought to the table.

what the **** is mark richt doing on the list??>.

That dude is a corch **** near on randy's level. He aint evaluating/developing sh*T...he is underachieving every year @ a crazy rate....and he is a former cane.

Advertisement
meyer shouldn't be on the list. no hate, he's arguably the best recruiter in the game and just stacks talent, but i wouldn't say he's a great developer of talent, same for miles. for example, he gets credit for smith at utah but he didn't even want to start him, he was vehemently against it but his coordinator convinced him to make the move. i can't think of any lower ranked guy at uf who he took and overachieved with.

Never seen someone evaporate talent as well as our old HC Harry Schnellenberger aka Schnelly. The GOAT

Advertisement
Strange thing with this thread is that half the people see he word "evaporator" for what it is and the the others see "evaluator."

Ya it's evaluator not developer. We're talking about what the coach can do before the kid they're looking at steps on campus

Strange thing with this thread is that half the people see he word "evaporator" for what it is and the the others see "evaluator."

I believe a 3rd of them are seeing it as developer as well! Each post you have to first decipher the persons origin of thought before you can move on. Entertaining

Advertisement
Will give Butch his props - obviously Miami, but equally impressed with what he recruited and developed at NC. Would put Saban near top of the list because of track record - Michigan State, LSU, Alabama. He couldn't just open his door and have kids flock to him before Bama. And deserves kudos for scaring Little Urbie out of the SEC. Really like Snyder, though don't see many of his players at the next level. The king that no one mentions has to be Harbaugh. This dude won, but didn't do it with mirrors. Stanford has been putting a ridiculous number of players in the league the last 4-5 years, and appears the pipeline continues to flow.

#1 has to be Petersen right?

I would definitely agree with that. He's sending kids from Boise State to the 1st round of the NFL draft on a consistent basis.

I wouldn't say Petersen is #1. He lands 2nd tier level prospects and utilizes a scheme which works out really well. I wouldn't say he lands the best talent or evaluates the best but he is one of the best **** coaches out there. For the talent he has, he makes kids who don't have the greatest tools NFL players (kellen Moore) I'm so schocked he is still at Boise St. One day some school will throw a huge amount of money at him.

I see where you're coming from, but the fact that he's turning around more first rounders (4 since 2008, and Titus Young should have been 5 but we all know that story) than some of the best D1 programs -- Auburn, Texas, Michigan -- while recruiting at a mid-major in Idaho should blow your mind. Perhaps he isn't #1, but he definitely pulls in bona fide studs, regardless of scheme.

Source: http://www.drafthistory.com/

As for him leaving, I remember reading something a while ago about how he really does love BSU. I think that he has a handicapped son, and his family gets a lot of support from the university and community in general. I expected him to get the Oregon job, but IMO if he's willing to pass up openings at Oregon and USC he has no plans to leave anytime soon.

My number 1 Talent Evaporators

128.jpg

Advertisement
Back