Taking Kaaya out of the game for Malik Rosier

Advertisement
I would rather use Trayone Gray in this role.

Rosier can run but he's not a dynamic runner.

DMoney, how much did Trayone throw in high school?

He threw it well. He's not a D1 quarterback but he has a very strong arm.

We used Duke as the Wildcat last year. Gray is a much better passer than Duke and is more comfortable with reading the defensive end in the option game.

Senior Season Highlights - Trayone Gray highlights

Malik is a much better passer than Gray and is comfortable toting the rock when flushed out of the pocket; when flushed Kaaya either got sacked or threw inaccurate passes. Malik also has experience slipping/breaking a tackle and still making his throws, unlike Kaaya. Whenever Gray slips a rusher or moves away from a rush, he just takes off not bothering any further with what his receivers are giving him.

I supposed that if UM RBs are on a roll running the ball with Gray, Gus, and Yearby, then it couldn't hurt to keep Gray in there and do some read option... bringing Malik in there would make the D be more honest recognizing that he could sling it too. Bottom line is, I like all these options and just the coach don't ***** it up.

Advertisement

We used Duke as the Wildcat last year. Gray is a much better passer than Duke and is more comfortable with reading the defensive end in the option game.

Using Gray in this role instead of Rosier, if this staff is **** bent on taking our best player off the field because reasons, would require any member of this coaching staff to have any semblance of intelligence. ****, keeping Kaaya on the field at all times would be the intelligent move, so I fully expect them to overcomplicate things to try to seem like the smartest men in the room. And when it doesn't work, they'll blame the players for failing to execute.

We ran the Wildcat like it was 2008 last year. Maybe we'll get around to that read-option mumbo jumbo by the time Golden's current contract expires. I don't think there's another program in the entire country that's as far behind the times as Miami.

I would really like that those crowning Kaaya as the best player on the team would please tell what did he do last year to reflect that crown.
This player, purportedly the best player on the team, could not win on his own a single close game. Not at all trying that he is not one the best players, but how many times did he overthrow an open receiver when being rushed or about to get hit? When not playing D2As teams, Cincy, UNC, Ark State, Kaaya completion percentage is down to about 50/50; that's super low.

Malik is a much better passer than Gray and is comfortable toting the rock when flushed out of the pocket; when flushed Kaaya either got sacked or threw inaccurate passes. Malik also has experience slipping/breaking a tackle and still making his throws, unlike Kaaya. Whenever Gray slips a rusher or moves away from a rush, he just takes off not bothering any further with what his receivers are giving him.

I supposed that if UM RBs are on a roll running the ball with Gray, Gus, and Yearby, then it couldn't hurt to keep Gray in there and do some read option... bringing Malik in there would make the D be more honest recognizing that he could sling it too. Bottom line is, I like all these options and just the coach don't ***** it up.

But Rosier isn't as good of a runner. The guys who have had real success in the Wildcat role (Darren McFadden, Ronnie Brown) are running backs. Duke made big plays as the Wildcat for us. Gray throws it better than all those guys.

The Wildcat QB is going to have limited reads, so field vision is less important than running ability.

Been saying it for two **** months. Most mind-numbing moment of that game by far.

Advertisement
Not a fan of doing that. Why take what may be your best player off the field and ball out of his hands.

gokden over thinking things again if this comes to fruition.

That move is on Coley, all Coley. Likes to get cute with hi high school trick plays and they never work. Also Rosier looked really slow.

Zagacki: Critical play here Canes fans. It's 3rd and goal from 4 yard line, and Golden has brought in Rosier to set up in a wildcat formation. Are we going to see the "Malik Sneak" for the first time this season? OK, here we go... [WHISTLE] Oh, looks like there was movement on the right side of the line.

Bailey: Yep, looks like Sonny may have jumped a little early, Joe.

Zagacki: OK, let's reset. It's now 3rd and goal from the 9 and Rosier is still behind center in the shotgun. The ball is snapped. Rosier bobbles it.... OH!!!! Rosier is hit hard! Loses the football... scooped up by Nebraska and there he goes down the sideline. He goes in to score.

Bailey: Didn't see that coming, Joe.

Lulz, I was almost exactly right.

Hey it's okay bro. We won, which is all that matters. Plus now the opposing coaches have something more to prepare for bro.

Advertisement
Back