Taisun Phommachanh in the New 247 ranking

So your taking brooklyndee at his word that this is how QB recruiting is handled at UM? Everyone knows HC jobs live and die by the QB youd have to be fooklsh to think Richt who calls the plays isnt pulling the puppet strings.

Youre right i have no clue about anything im talking about...

You havent batted 1000. Thats all im saying. Youve brought a lot of good info to the board but you only see what youre shown.

Youd like to believe that. The reality is people dont wanna understand things cbange rapidly in this world and i tell yall as soon as something happens rather than waiting to see an end result. Thats the difference. As ive been said i just tell yall 100 as it goes what people are able to know.

You're wasting your time with a guy who is bored and just trying to get under your skin.

Na i'm just tired of a guy who routinely ***** on our QB recruiting and tried to allude to some type of recruit mutiny a few months ago. Now he's pretending to act like he's in the recruiting war room because he went a recruiting dinner with his nephew. FOH with that tag a long bull****. SFL has enough of those dudes.

Advertisement
Eff CJR. Philosophically I don’t even agree with a non play-caller coaching QBs or having family on the staff. It’s a waste of a position. CMR should be coaching QBs his **** self and have full autonomy over all offers and recruitments if the position. Then use the coaching slot of ST Coordinator.

Might as well accept that Tai is as good as gone if dumbass is all up in his chest and can’t see his ego is in the way. He should’ve never been hired anyway. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regardless of the specific players involved, it's utterly bizarre that we've only extended offers to 2-3 QBs in the entire 2019 class at this stage of the game. Can't imagine any top program that hasn't already secured a commitment from their top QB target having a remotely similar, narrow-minded approach to recruiting the position.

It's truly a head-scratcher that we're not casting a wider net at QB. Johnson Jr. looks like a **** of an athlete and player, but we're taking a really dangerous approach by making him the only priority.

Advertisement
All the short memories/willful ignorance is pretty astounding. We're just gonna take his word as gospel on this when less than 48 hours ago he told us that the Heritage kids hadn't told any staffs of their decisions as of midnight on Tuesday. The kids themselves told us less than 12 hours later they informed the Miami staff of their plans on Tuesday night. Hours before Dee's post. That isn't "recruiting is fluid" stuff. That is either he was misinformed, lying, or the kids are lying.

Also the guy that insists on calling plays and coaching QBs himself decided to not be the final say on all QB matters? Ridiculous.

Last edited:
Regardless of the specific players involved, it's utterly bizarre that we've only extended offers to 2-3 QBs in the entire 2019 class at this stage of the game. Can't imagine any top program that hasn't already secured a commitment from their top QB target having a remotely similar, narrow-minded approach to recruiting the position.

It's truly a head-scratcher that we're not casting a wider net at QB. Johnson Jr. looks like a **** of an athlete and player, but we're taking a really dangerous approach by making him the only priority.

Clemson doesn't have a commit and has only offered two guys. One being a guy Miami offered.

It will all play out how it’s supposed to be, we ended up with Nkosi and Cade in 2017 and then got the #77 player in the country in Jarren Williams #5 ranked qb and a top 10 player in the state of Georgia.

Clemson doesn't have a commit and has only offered two guys. One being a guy Miami offered.

They've also signed two straight 5 star QBs, so they might be having a little more trouble finding someone willing to commit to them.

Advertisement

They've also signed two straight 5 star QBs, so they might be having a little more trouble finding someone willing to commit to them.

By that logic they should be offering more QBs than just the two. One of the guys offered is already committed to Auburn.

By that logic they should be offering more QBs than just the two. One of the guys offered is already committed to Auburn.

It's not an attempt at a logic lesson. I made the point that they have 2 five stars waiting in the wings and a junior who took them to the playoffs. Might be tough to get someone interested in them, or perhaps they're being more selective because of their embarrassment of riches. Carry on though.

A '19 kid wouldn't have to worry about Bryant and I'm not sure having an Army All-American in Williams and N'kosi Perry makes Miami any less QB rich. He asked for a team deploying something he deemed as a bizarre strategy and I provided an example.

Imma be honest, I don't expect Jon Richt or Mark Richt to offer Taisun unless Michael Johnson chooses Oregon or FSU, which probably won't happen any time soon.

After doing some light twitter stalking Jon Richt nor Mark Richt don't even follow him on Twitter. That is not a good sign at all. Only coaches Taiusun is followed by on Twitter are David Cooney, Todd Hartley, and Baez (Baez follows everyone). **** I don't even think Taiusn follows Jon Richt, which probably isn't good on his part either. If he wants an offer he should probably start by following the coaches and DMing them.

Who is jr following on twitter?

2019:
Michael Johnson jr - 2019 QB (also by Doherty, Baez, and an assistant)
Chris Herron - 2019 Qb (also by Doherty, Hartley, Baez and some assistants)
Sam Howell - 2019 Qb (also Baez and an assistant)
Tucker Talbott - 2019 QB (also by Hartley)
Patrick Herbert - 2019 QB (also Baez)

2020:
Harrison Bailey - 2020 QB (also by Doherty, Dugans, Thomas Brown, Hartley, and Baez)
Max Johnson - 2020 QB (Also by Searles, Baez, and an assistant)
Drew Pyne - 2020 QB (also by Baez and few assistants)

2021:
Aaron McLaughlin - 2021 QB (Also Searles and Baez)
Brock vandagriff - 2021 QB (only by jr)
Preston Stone - 2021 QB (only by jr)

2022:
Jake Johnson - 2022 QB (also by Gugans, Baez, and an assistant)

Advertisement
A '19 kid wouldn't have to worry about Bryant and I'm not sure having an Army All-American in Williams and N'kosi Perry makes Miami any less QB rich. He asked for a team deploying something he deemed as a bizarre strategy and I provided an example.

Are you really trying to argue that because Clemson only offered a few QBs it mean we should to?
Thats just stupid. Trevor Lawrence is better than any QB we have ever signed.

Plus it's not like we have good depth at all at QB.
Rosier is gone after this year, and imo should absolutely have NO shot at starting. That means it would come down to one of the 3 freshman.....what normally happens when you have a freshman qb win the starting job? The Other qbs transfer!

Lets be completely real here, regardless who wins the starting qb job out of the 3 Frosh, at least one of them is likely to transfer out. Thats just how this works. It has always happened, and will continue to happen. We need to bring in a top qb for 2019.

This has nothing to do with Dee knowing him. It only has to do with the fact this kids tape is hella good, he's the top ranked Dual Threat, and he wants a Miami offer. Those 3 things are literally enough for this kid to have an offer without knowing anything else. And the fact Richt hasn't offered him is retarded. When a top 5 player at their position is practically begging for an offer, you do it. maybe you don't let them commit right away, but you send an offer.

offer the ******* kid.

Lil cjr & a fee of us finally had words over tai. In the last week hes picked up offers from 15 schools including penn st,fsu & ohio st. With clemson & bama telling him theyll offer this week. Point is everything weve told the kid from day 1 we wanted to see him personally do hes done,when we told him we wanted to see some other evals around the country,done. So i asked him the other day we ready to offer him right cause hes ready to commit. His response is theres just some things hes not feeling. Thats fine if thats the case but why not say that all along and we either get him to address it or we move on. Never bothered to express this last year but the decision to move on from sits wasnt made by cjr. He was told enough is enough. He got into his feelings over that. Many feel this is his way of responding to that which is why i say it feels like this is just an ego move. So at this point it sortve seems unless people speak up ta is gonna end up somewhere else. Which in the end with both tai & cade fortin we might end up regretting. Cade being at unc & tai well just have to see. Hopefully its not too late.

So just so I'm understanding correctly. Even after the discussion with you and other alumni. Even after a bunch of other big schools offered, and even after he is ranked as the #1 dual threat QB on 247. Lil Richt with 2 years experience coaching QB's has decided he is not prepared to offer?

I think it's best I ignore recruiting from now on. Just watch the team on Saturdays

Same. Cuz if Mark Richt if will let his son torpedo recruiting (from the Sitkoski ****uation to this Tai ****uation) at the most important position on the team, without stepping in and pulling rank, as his head coach or even has his father, then my faith in him as a Head Coach is in question. Cuz this sounds like some Al Golden not firing D'Nofrio "Brofessionalism" type ****. Maybe not to that level, but the lesson remains the same.

This ain't Jack Harbaugh looking at Jim or John ***** things up and saying "Well they're the HC and that's THEIR TEAM, I've gotta let them do them." This is Mark Richt's team. He is being paid ALOT to keep, not just his players in line, but his support staff and his COACHES. He has an obligation to pull rank on a coach, son or not, if he sees that coach consistently making mistakes.

FROM THE INFORMATION GIVEN, this ain't good.

Advertisement

Are you really trying to argue that because Clemson only offered a few QBs it mean we should to?

Rosier is gone after this year, and imo should absolutely have NO shot at starting. That means it would come down to one of the 3 freshman.....what normally happens when you have a freshman qb win the starting job? The Other qbs transfer!

Lets be completely real here, regardless who wins the starting qb job out of the 3 Frosh, at least one of them is likely to transfer out. Thats just how this works. It has always happened, and will continue to happen. We need to bring in a top qb for 2019.

This has nothing to do with Dee knowing him. It only has to do with the fact this kids tape is hella good, he's the top ranked Dual Threat, and he wants a Miami offer. Those 3 things are literally enough for this kid to have an offer without knowing anything else. And the fact Richt hasn't offered him is retarded. When a top 5 player at their position is practically begging for an offer, you do it. maybe you don't let them commit right away, but you send an offer.

Actually I'm not trying to argue anything. Somebody asked for an example of another program being light on offers with no QBs committed and one was given.

Last edited:

Actually I'm not trying to argue anything. Somebody asked for an example of another program being light on offers with no QBs committed and one was given. Trevor Lawrence is the same position as the freshman QBs here. He's facing the very real possibility of sitting for at least two years. By that point no one is gonna really care very much about his ranking.

I'm just not seeing why that has anything to do with us not offering more QBs. if anything it means we should be offering more qbs. because less will want to join a qb room that is full with talent, and the more we should be offering guys that WANT to be Canes because it means a lower chance they'll bail early

If Brooklyn wasn't on here stumping for Taisun, would anyone care this much?

I just wrote this:

This has nothing to do with Dee knowing him. It only has to do with the fact this kids tape is hella good, he's the top ranked Dual Threat, and he wants a Miami offer (what Dee says) Those 3 things are literally enough for this kid to have an offer without knowing anything else. And the fact Richt hasn't offered him is retarded. When a top 5 player at their position is practically begging for an offer, you do it. maybe you don't let them commit right away, but you send an offer.

it's not about Dee's evaluation of the kid. Its that we've seen his tape, 247 has him number 1. Now if Dee never said he WANTS the offer then maybe nobody would care as much, but knowing that he wants the offer and he's rated so highly changes it. A guy that wants to be a Cane and is the top in the nation, shouldn't need to be begging for an offer.

Advertisement
Back