*Taint looks like a Machine. They are a problem

Miami’s at 51-52% blue chip rating. We do need to recruit better but that comes with being more successful on the field

I am aware.

Clemson is only at 60%. But again, they have a concentration of talent at the top of their roster (their starters likely float around the 70%+ mark) and they have the best coaching in the country.

Miami's blue chip talent is also concentrated at the skill spots (WR, RB) and DB. That doesn't mean anything. If your blue chippers aren't concentrated on the OL/DL we cant even get to LSU level. Without a generational QB, we can't play with the big boys.

So, the context of that 50% threshold is about to be outdated by the data and the reality is, you need to really apply that contextualization when discussing it, because, as I said...the disparity between Ohio State or Alabama and Miami is a ******* ocean, and I really don't think most of this fanbase understands this.

Advertisement
Strength of schedule is an obsession of idiots. It is a minor variable. Somehow the simpleton college football fan brainstormed within the past decade to make it a paramount focus. That's how you get all these teams with inept pass defense into the playoffs. The committee has no clue what they are looking at in terms of criteria that actually influence results, so they reward moronic strength of schedule while ignoring pass defense and other decisive categories.

A magnificent litmus test in college football is how frequently the fan or analyst references strength of schedule.
Who a team has actually beaten is an "obsession of idiots"?!? Ok.

They're an an NFL team. That defense is legit and the offense is as good as it always is. They've been my pick to win it all for 2 weeks now

Advertisement
They're an an NFL team. That defense is legit and the offense is as good as it always is. They've been my pick to win it all for 2 weeks now
978C605A-F7C8-4C69-812D-5CF742780FBB.jpeg
over the years Ohio state always have that let down game. Not sure it comes this year but we will see

I am aware.

Clemson is only at 60%. But again, they have a concentration of talent at the top of their roster (their starters likely float around the 70%+ mark) and they have the best coaching in the country.

Miami's blue chip talent is also concentrated at the skill spots (WR, RB) and DB. That doesn't mean anything. If your blue chippers aren't concentrated on the OL/DL we cant even get to LSU level. Without a generational QB, we can't play with the big boys.

So, the context of that 50% threshold is about to be outdated by the data and the reality is, you need to really apply that contextualization when discussing it, because, as I said...the disparity between Ohio State or Alabama and Miami is a ******* ocean, and I really don't think most of this fanbase understands this.
So is it vs the rest of the country not including a few schools like Clemson, uga and LSU . Miami just has to win and be more successful and then you can recruit better

Advertisement
Day is running the offense Enos should be running at Miami
It doesn't matter what you run if you don't have the blocking. They have probably the best O-line in college football this year. Fields has all day to go thru his progressions and find his WRs. Let's not forget, their defense is putting them in favorable positions by shutting down everyone.

They said last night OSU runs everything. Spread, RPO, under center, double TE, etc... Difference is the OL and a QB with more feel for the run.

Yep...and thats why I said it’s the offense Miami should be running. Our personnel fits what Day is doing almost perfectly.

Advertisement
1. Our head coaching has been bad. And 2. We must recruit better and develop the Oline. I think THOSE are the biggest difference. We need to recruit the **** out of the Midwest and southern states searching for olineman.

What you are outlining is - legit - like a five year process before we can even be an LSU level team.

Strength of schedule is an obsession of idiots. It is a minor variable. Somehow the simpleton college football fan brainstormed within the past decade to make it a paramount focus. That's how you get all these teams with inept pass defense into the playoffs. The committee has no clue what they are looking at in terms of criteria that actually influence results, so they reward moronic strength of schedule while ignoring pass defense and other decisive categories.

A magnificent litmus test in college football is how frequently the fan or analyst references strength of schedule.

OK?????

Advertisement

In the current landscape of college football, its pretty meaningless.

In the rare event the #4 and #5 teams in college football are so close that Strength of Schedule matters in who gets to the dance, then I'd be worried...but considering Miami is currently soaked in their own ****, passed out on the floor, I'd much rather play three cupcakes to kickoff the year with the token SEC November BYE Week against a tough FCS foe than sit there and load up with Alabama, Michigan State, and whatever Power 5 nonsense we line up for ourselves.

Maybe some smoke and mirror 10-2/11-1 type seasons where we play an absolute gahbahge schedule would help us actually get back to a level of recruiting that we can actually hang for four quarters with Clemson or actually win a bowl game against a decent peer. Whatever the fvck we are doing now just keeps the Miami Hurricanes as another Wake Forest Demon Deacons.

Let's see how they look once competition revs up.

That being said, CB Okudah and DE Young (8 sacks already) on their defense are monsters :oops: Wouldn't mind the Dolphins taking either or both.

Let's see how they look once competition revs up.

That being said, CB Okudah and DE Young (8 sacks already) on their defense are monsters :oops: Wouldn't mind the Dolphins taking either or both.

Chase Young is the best player in college football, all positions included.

Yep...and thats why I said it’s the offense Miami should be running. Our personnel fits what Day is doing almost perfectly.

Right.. and Enos run all of that through the first four games.

1. Jarren doesn't have the feel for running or the QB position that Fields, despite being a more pure passer.

2. Our OL is extremely weak at several positions.

Advertisement
Back