T.Thornton on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
um, orange park is part of jacksonville, not gainesville.

Pretty familiar with it, I lived there when I was in the Navy.

When you had some free time, did you go to the Purple Porpoise? What about Skeeter's? Or how about Burrito Brothers, another Gainesville institution that was probably right down the street from the Orange Park naval base...

Advertisement
I'm good if folks don't want to count Shaq as "gainsville", it's a opinion folks can carry and I won't go against anyone that feels that way.

You think it's "an opinion" that Jacksonville isn't Gainesville?

I would say home recruiting areas, Jacksonville would be considered Gator area as much as Dade is for Miami, but that is the angle of my opinion. Some may agree, some may not. Up to them.

So in your warped weasly attempt to prove me wrong you've concocted the theory that Jacksonville is Gainesville like Miami is Miami? Good stuff.

Up voted.

I'm good if folks don't want to count Shaq as "gainsville", it's a opinion folks can carry and I won't go against anyone that feels that way.

You think it's "an opinion" that Jacksonville isn't Gainesville?

Trump needs to hire this guy ASAP, he is great at inventing alternate facts.

"Orange park is part of the Gainsville area." ---hcanes100

When you had some free time, did you go to the Purple Porpoise? What about Skeeter's? Or how about Burrito Brothers, another Gainesville institution that was probably right down the street from the Orange Park naval base...

ha. To be honest, I was stationed at Mayport, but they didn't have base housing, so closest I could get and afford off base was near orange park. I spent most of the time I was stationed there in the Persian Gulf and the Med, had a 7 month deployment, got back just in time for my daughter to be born, stayed for 3 months, then we had to deploy for the Med due to another ship in our desron had a catastrophic engineering failure, so we had to relieve them for the duration of the cruise. Only was there basically for 4 months in a 2 year period. Sucked being in **** country as a Canes fan.

ha. To be honest, I was stationed at Mayport, but they didn't have base housing, so closest I could get and afford off base was near orange park. I spent most of the time I was stationed there in the Persian Gulf and the Med, had a 7 month deployment, got back just in time for my daughter to be born, stayed for 3 months, then we had to deploy for the Med due to another ship in our desron had a catastrophic engineering failure, so we had to relieve them for the duration of the cruise. Only was there basically for 4 months in a 2 year period. Sucked being in **** country as a Canes fan.

No disrespect to your military service, but look at your original quote when you claimed that Orange Park was a part of the Gainesville area.

That's what people are mocking.

And, yes, I lived in Gainesville for a year, so I know how far apart the two towns are. Gainesville gets ORLANDO area TV and radio stations. You can buy the Orlando Sentinel in Gainesville.

There's a difference between facts and opinions. Just admit that you were BS'ing and got caught, and move on.

Advertisement

No disrespect to your military service, but look at your original quote when you claimed that Orange Park was a part of the Gainesville area.

And, yes, I lived in Gainesville for a year, so I know how far apart the two towns are. Gainesville gets ORLANDO area TV and radio stations. You can buy the Orlando Sentinel in Gainesville.

There's a difference between facts and opinions. Just admit that you were BS'ing and got caught, and move on.

Fair enough to state, think in other posts, I explained recruiting areas. I could have maybe further explained it better in the original posts. Plucking folks from Jacksonville for the Canes is a pretty big accomplishment. That was the thought, that is considered Gator territory. It is a fair criticism and I'll take it.

Fair enough to state, think in other posts, I explained recruiting areas. I could have maybe further explained it better in the original posts. Plucking folks from Jacksonville for the Canes is a pretty big accomplishment. That was the thought, that is considered Gator territory. It is a fair criticism and I'll take it.

I understand. But you typed "Orange park is part of the Gainsville area". Instead of "Gainsville area" you could have said "Gator country" and we would have known what you meant.

Nobody cares if someone types something in haste that is a bit inaccurate. It's more about the heel-digging, and taking multiple pages to just admit the error. No big deal.

So I have been here since 2012, went through the Not so Golden years and only have 691 post? I gotta start posting more

Advertisement
Just catching up on the last couple of pages of this thread.

Stopped reading at "Orange Park is part of Gainesville"

Advertisement

Thank you for your service!

Some of us got it.

Then we have the four-year-olds who will argue how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

And thanks for your service. A number of these that like to argue? This is their biggest battlefield. And they like to shine.

Advertisement

Some of us got it.

Then we have the four-year-olds who will argue how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

And thanks for your service. A number of these that like to argue? This is their biggest battlefield. And they like to shine.

Well, some of us prefer accuracy and truth, unlike you, who lies about the "noble Confederates" starting the Civil War over a TARIFF BILL that passed 3 months after the formation of the Confederacy.

Some of us got it.

Well, some of us prefer accuracy and truth, unlike you, who lies about the "noble Confederates" starting the Civil War over a TARIFF BILL that passed 3 months after the formation of the Confederacy.

LOL.

These dudes are now going to change the argument to UF typical strongholds. That wasn't the discussion. The discussion was Dade County kids shytting on UM in favor of KKKainesville. Then, hcanes got cute and said "what about Gainesville kids who go to UM?". Now that he got **** down he's trying to stretch it to Jacksonville.

LOL. This is pretty **** funny. Know when to hold em......................................

Some of us got it.

Well, some of US prefer to not spend our free time slobbering over a ****, and who actually knows a bit about history, while you were in the boys room pulling your pud while skipping history class.

This may come as a shock - but the southern states had threatened to pull out long before they did - which would account for your 3 month accuracy mistake.

No South, no revenue. Really simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back