T-Robs Defensive Philosophy

I have been on the T-Rob train for a while. David Lake now reporting that T-Rob is down to Auburn or UM. T-Rob wants to coach the entire DB room, and he wants to be co-DC.

The U would be a great place for T-Rob to recruit and develop first round DB talent.

I would also love to see the U with one DB coach, instead of splitting up safety and cornerback coaches. T-Rob is the guy. Manny needs to hire him so we can finally recruit the high level talent that T-Rob is known to recruit, and also develop top level DBs for the NFL that T-Rob is known to develop

Last edited:
Advertisement
This guy will be a DC under Manny like Thomas Brown was an OC under Richt, in title only. Richt was the one calling plays and Richt wanted Brown to come in to recruit and develop running backs like he did with Melvin Gordon and Sony Michel. I foresee Manny getting this guy to recruit and develop with the DC title, but Manny will call the shots.

Is that a bad thing? When Manny called the defense, it was awesome. That 2018 defense was elite and was wasted on an awful and outdated offense.

I just want Baker to GTFO.

Just like the Banda to Utah State rumor started on CIS and took off?
Touché

I wouldn’t mind seeing a few news outlets reporting it. I feel like random CIS posters take info from the board and then go play insider on social media with no real source. I’ll say one thing, if there was no previous contact the rumor can at least plant a seed.

lamorne morris winston bishop GIF by New Girl
high five step brothers GIF

Advertisement
u can just listen to the first sentences and can tell off the rip that the dude can recruit, people person all the way. When I heard Rumph I knew instantly he was going to struggle to get kids, I did not ever listen to Rumph because I wasnt on forums during those days. But alot of the time u can listen to someone for ten minutes and know what they are about easily.
Agreed. Some guys have a sales personality and some don't. Sure bags help, but recruiting is first and foremost sales and anybody that recruits better have the personality to do it.

t-rob is from the crib all day long, however, I do have a question, what notable players did he develop and coach! I have no question bout his mentality cause he from here, I'm just curious besides him being a "good recruiter" (based on the nerd recruiting sites bullshat rankings), what are the tangible results we can point to on why y'all in here are sweating em.

For instance, coach rumph was very instrumental in helping to coach the #1 pass defense in the nation. Developed several db's who played at a high level in their time under him!

t-rob is from the crib all day long, however, I do have a question, what notable players did he develop and coach! I have no question bout his mentality cause he from here, I'm just curious besides him being a "good recruiter" (based on the nerd recruiting sites bullshat rankings), what are the tangible results we can point to on why y'all in here are sweating em.

For instance, coach rumph was very instrumental in helping to coach the #1 pass defense in the nation. Developed several db's who played at a high level in their time under him!

Also this is Jaycee Horn , projected to be a 1st round pick this year

Also has another corner coming out this year that’s suppose to be a late draft pic. Multiple 5 star guys have also committed to him and not just at his position way better resume then rumph. Proven

Attachments

• 2C45D9A0-2DD0-4D37-B025-F3B493002320.png
    2C45D9A0-2DD0-4D37-B025-F3B493002320.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
He's actually not that great of a defensive mind, but here's the thing --

He doesn't have to be. We just need a DC with some common sense who runs and recruits a scheme that fits University of Miami Football. T-Rob checks those boxes. Also doesn't hurt that he is an ELITE recruiter. Enough with D-Ends covering WR's and Strikers and all this other bull****.

You look at the bowl game: Soon as we switched to man, you know, what the kids you recruited excel in, we started to slow them down. This **** ain't rocket science man. Guys like T-Rob know that.

You just sold me on T Rob. You’re absolutely right about what kind of scheme we need here and I’ll add this: keep it simple and keep it fast. Let them play fast, instinctual football

Advertisement

T Rob was down to Miami and Auburn, Auburn just hired Zac Etheridge as their DB coach.

Advertisement
T Rob was down to Miami and Auburn, Auburn just hired Zac Etheridge as their DB coach.

Obviously idk anything....but Auburn people are saying Miami was the biggest threat to get T-Rob IF Auburn wanted to pursue, but that they didn't actually contact him.

how did T Rob end up playing at Coral Park? not really known for their football program in the late 1990s?

Advertisement
how did T Rob end up playing at Coral Park? not really known for their football program in the late 1990s?
Magnet program.. Coral Park his senior year had a decent squad, kenan lawhorne played rb (most offenses were run thru rb at the time).. That district was pretty loaded too.. They changed them soo much but I think at that time coral park, colombus, coral gables, miami high, maybe southwest and braddock all were in there.. That year had Andre johnson, young gore, really young roscoe, etc.. Some fun games back then..

Also this is Jaycee Horn , projected to be a 1st round pick this year

Also has another corner coming out this year that’s suppose to be a late draft pic. Multiple 5 star guys have also committed to him and not just at his position way better resume then rumph. Proven

I don't care about the nerd recruiting site rankings, means nothing to me, however, the horn cb is a decent sign, hopefully he has a stronger resume!

Advertisement
Back