T-Robs Defensive Philosophy

Advertisement
Are we wishing this into existence?
dream wants GIF by SoulPancake

For those that are curious about Travaris "T-Rob" Robinson's defensive philosophy

Go Canes

u can just listen to the first sentences and can tell off the rip that the dude can recruit, people person all the way. When I heard Rumph I knew instantly he was going to struggle to get kids, I did not ever listen to Rumph because I wasnt on forums during those days. But alot of the time u can listen to someone for ten minutes and know what they are about easily.

Advertisement
He's actually not that great of a defensive mind, but here's the thing --

He doesn't have to be. We just need a DC with some common sense who runs and recruits a scheme that fits University of Miami Football. T-Rob checks those boxes. Also doesn't hurt that he is an ELITE recruiter. Enough with D-Ends covering WR's and Strikers and all this other bull****.

You look at the bowl game: Soon as we switched to man, you know, what the kids you recruited excel in, we started to slow them down. This **** ain't rocket science man. Guys like T-Rob know that.

He doesn't have to be. We just need a DC with some common sense who runs and recruits a scheme that fits University of Miami Football. T-Rob checks those boxes. Also doesn't hurt that he is an ELITE recruiter. Enough with D-Ends covering WR's and Strikers and all this other bull****.

You look at the bowl game: Soon as we switched to man, you know, what the kids you recruited excel in, we started to slow them down. This **** ain't rocket science man. Guys like T-Rob know that.

the sad part is these guys who “know that” like flake faker, continue to run their schemes mostly due to ego, trying to fit the players into their scheme rather than adjust their scheme to the players (like any good coach in any sport does)

Exactly... When we switched to man, pretty much their only option was to pick on Couch. I'm fine with that because in my opinion, 2 of the PI calls on him was BS! It was a big difference than them having someone wide opened literally every play.

Advertisement

This was my concern about him off the bat. His defenses were never that great, but then I came to this same conclusion. If you can recruit studs and great athletes you can simplify things and they will excel.

Has TRob ever called plays as DC? Or was Muschamp always the play caller? Their D was brutally bad this past year. We know TRob can recruit and develop DB's, but can he call plays and scheme?

I was going to post in this thread, ask if he was good @ DC.

Not sure it really matters, today's college football, you can bring in some analysts to help with gameday scheming. What you can't replicate is the ability to recruit top talent.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back