T-Rob gone! Who's Next

Advertisement
Kirby Smart, Mel Tucker and Jeremy Pruitt were DB coaches at Bama that headed up as HC.

When was the last time Miami DB coach that ended up as HC?
This guy says hi.

1642694730944.jpeg

Most of the time, yes it absolutely is. All of the previously listed names were coordinators later on.
No they weren’t lol. Charles Huff being the prime example. Off the top of my head Frank Wilson got a gig without a Coordinator. Obviously it’s the more common option to go through the ringer as a coordinator but your statement was wrong.

Advertisement
No they weren’t lol. Charles Huff being the prime example. Off the top of my head Frank Wilson got a gig without a Coordinator. Obviously it’s the more common option to go through the ringer as a coordinator but your statement was wrong.
The names that were mentioned, Smart, Pruitt and Tucker all were coordinators.

And I dont see my statement being wrong. Alabama assistant coaches arent being hired based on the fact that they were assistant coaches at Bama. They were hired because they performed well there. Because if you dont, youre out. And the vast vast vast vast majority of Head Coaches who coached as assistants at Bama went on to be coordinators and do well as coordinators.

Family I thought Trob was better than this…I understand he’s trying to build his resume and he will get to put Saban on his resume Butt Butt Dude I really thought U wanted to be apart of this Cane movement and Family being that Ur from the Crib…We didn’t want U to go Bro but I guess the Mario effect is working..weeding out the people that R not TRU to the brand…Mario will find or already have someone ready to fill the position (DVD) NxT man Up…I wish U well ..Go Canes

Advertisement
well if nothing else comes from this gaytor tears should get a few pages to put some distance on the " before it's deleted" thread cause Lord knows they will be crowing about us losing TRob to Baga....

Does Jeremy Pruitt have a show cause? If not, I'd hire him as DB/DF or poach Charles Kelly from Bama, make it a back and forth with Saban lol

Why does he have to have a story?

****, we just hired a coach who agreed to work for Golden and then almost immediately did the same thing TRob did, go work for Saban.

How anyone can question a man's decision to go work for the best (Saban is the top coach, but not only that, he's the best DB coach as well), I'll never understand. On top of that, you get a raise. Maybe we would've offered the same, but then there's still the Saban factor.

What do u mean why does he have to have a story? My nig, u act like this mutha fcka didn’t tell us a story as to y he came to the University of Miami to coach? TF? Lol. Go ask T-Rob why he had a story.

And u’re point about Mario is correct; he agreed & then ALMOST IMMEDIATELY (ur words) left for Bama. So was Mario out recruiting? Was he telling kids he was staying?

Like I said, I’m not going to put my loyalty lens on anyone, b/c at the end of the day, it’s a business. My biggest gripe is the lack of transparency. What do we tell recruits…u looking, we looking?

I ain’t never going to count someone else’s $$, but again, I’m built different than a lot of mofos, & I move different…which is probably why my Day 1 & Day 2 ninjas still f w/ me 30 yrs +.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Does Jeremy Pruitt have a show cause? If not, I'd hire him as DB/DF or poach Charles Kelly from Bama, make it a back and forth with Saban lol
lol, what? You think a dude's going to move from bama to Miami for basically the same job? Until proven otherwise, that's a step back.

Pruitt is in limbo but has no official judgment against him from the NCAA. Tennessee is full of nitwits on the booster side and administration so who knows what they have. I think he stays in the NFL for now.

Charles Kelly is a different animal. With 30 plus years of experience in the game and a native of Alabama, it's going to be hard to pull him away without the title of DC. I personally think he should have been coordinating for someone years ago.

Advertisement
What do u mean why does he have to have a story? My nig, u act like this mutha fcka didn’t tell us a story as to y he came to the University of Miami to coach? TF? Lol. Go ask T-Rob why he had a story.

And u’re point about Mario is correct; he agreed & then ALMOST IMMEDIATELY (ur words) left for Bama. So was Mario our recruiting? Was he telling kids he was staying?

Like I said, I’m not going to put my loyalty lens on anyone, b/c at the end of the day, it’s a business. My biggest gripe is the lack of transparency. What do we tell recruits…u looking, we looking?

I ain’t never going to count someone else’s $$, but again, I’m built different than a lot of mofos, & I move different…which is probably why my Day 1 & Day 2 ninjas still f w/ me 30 yrs +.
Preach.

Am i disappointed? Yeah - Trob does his thing on the trail and until this year, the CB room here on signing day has been bare.

But do i really really care? Nah man. I’ll ride the waves of Mario, see who he rounds out his staff with. There’s good cb coaches to be had and if Trob was a bit of drama last year, as rumored, and maybe not so tight with Mario, better to have this happen now instead of next year. I do wish Raymond had been more patient. Oh well.

Onward. We just need the right hires to close out this staff. Take advantage of the momentum. Do not settle for eye raising hires we would have expected under previous coaches.

Charles Kelly is a different animal. With 30 plus years of experience in the game and a native of Alabama, it's going to be hard to pull him away without the title of DC. I personally think he should have been coordinating for someone years ago.

Kelly was the DC at FSU, their fans weren't too fond of Him.

Pruitt is in limbo but has no official judgment against him from the NCAA. Tennessee is full of nitwits on the booster side and administration so who knows what they have. I think he stays in the NFL for now.

Wasn't he DC for Jimbo in Tally? If Pruitt were cleared, he'd be my number 1 target

Advertisement
Back