T-Rob gone! Who's Next

My god some of you are scared of everything, position coaches move on every year at every school, there's always another one.
It's just the timing of it all. At least we have most if not all of our DB class already signed. Mario needs to get the DC in place so the DC can help get the rest of the defensive staff.

Advertisement
I don’t think you guys can really appreciate that this would be a pretty big obstacle to where we want to be as a team.
You had Feagans Rogers Wilson Graves All wanting to come here for one reason and one reason only. And it sure as **** wasn’t to come be coached under Manny freaking Diaz.
Graves almost left to Florida just cause of Raymond and it took a lot to keep him committed.

I know Mario is an awesome recruiter I know he has some really good recruiters already hired. But you’re talking about going after the best defensive back talent in the nation and having to recruit against Georgia who’s about to put at least two dudes in the league in that position, Alabama with Saban and Robinson, and now Florida with Raymond.
We are not going to be able to compete with the schools by trying to find diamonds in the rough.
Alabama noticed how one dude was automatically going to clean house on the defensive backs despite having a crappy head coach on a team with barely 3 consecutive bad seasons.

If Robinson does leave to Alabama I can tell you they’re going to have the most ridiculous corner back class that you’ve ever seen.
And if they don’t land McClain I guarantee you he picks Florida and it won’t be because of Gapier.

And even if Robinson wasn’t landing the highest rated dudes he has shown the ability to identity and develop at the highest level. Something that no one has been able to down here at that position.
Our secondary took a huge step back last year without 2 replaceable coaches in Banda and Rumph. We even had the likes of Stevenson, Avantae, Kam Kitchens and James Williams added to the rotation. Talents we hadn’t had for a handful of years. I’ll take my chances with a clean slate of coaches in the secondary. The talent being brought in might drop off slightly but the development should definitely improve.

So who is gonna tell this guy and the others who type something similar that DVD was the corner corch
You're going to tell me that Robinson had nothing to do with cornerback play last year? lol. OK.

Let's pretend that's the case and he only coached safeties. Both starting safeties from 2020 got worse and were eventually replaced by true freshman so the dude couldn't coach safeties either.

Wait, it was Manny's fault and his crappy scheme right? Rumph and Banda had the nation's #1 pass defense playing in that scheme in 2018.

Can't really blame T Rob. If it were anywhere else, I'd feel like some of you, but it's Saban, it's Bama. He helped us get guys and he recruited for us until the end.
Remember Mario left for Saban and Bama too.

This makes keeping DVD a MUST.

Last edited:
You're going to tell me that Robinson had nothing to do with cornerback play last year? lol. OK.

Let's pretend that's the case and he only coached safeties. Both starting safeties from 2020 got worse and were eventually replaced by true freshman so the dude couldn't coach safeties either.

Wait, it was Manny's fault and his crappy scheme right? Rumph and Banda had the nation's #1 pass defense playing in that scheme in 2018.

Easy..Manny and Rumph are both cheeks!?! Yes?

Advertisement

Yeah, I'm not really sweating the lose of T-Rob from the coaching standpoint. Seemed like we did recruit better in the secondary (CB and S) though with him. Hopefully we'll find a better mix of both on the next hire.

There are plenty of coaches/analyst in coral gables right now to host an event that you are having fun and showing off the campus. We are 11 months away from the first signing day and dudes are shook because we won’t have coordinators to introduce them to hahaha
It is about getting the elites on campus so they can see it, what we have for facilities to counter the bull****. and what we have planned for upgrades. I would make sure they get a preso from Rad.

Unpopular opinion: I aint sweatin T-Rob leaving. Yes, he is an excellent recruiter but I think it's fair to at least question his coaching abilities. More importantly, every single coach Mario hires will be able to recruit. Every single one. There will be no dead weight on this staff you can bank it. When we get rolling and win and play in meaningful games that is a better recruiting tool than any one recruiter. Not even close. Top five programs recruit themselves. Blue chip kids want to associate with a winner.
This is a fair take.

I'm most concerned with the time of all this in relation to our current recruiting class. I'm sure we will be able to find a good recruiter who is probably better of a developer than TRob. I'm not sure we'll be able to find as good of a talker as TRob, but I'm not so concerned. We will find someone good. The staff's overall recruiting ability should overcome any losses in that regard.

Advertisement
This is a fair take.

I'm most concerned with the time of all this in relation to our current recruiting class. I'm sure we will be able to find a good recruiter who is probably better of a developer than TRob. I'm not sure we'll be able to find as good of a talker as TRob, but I'm not so concerned. We will find someone good. The staff's overall recruiting ability should overcome any losses in that regard.
What current recruiting class? All of our DBs are already signed for 2022…2023 is a long way away, new DB coach will have plenty of time with them and even the portal is no rush. It’s going to be a big influx of talent in the portal after spring ball finishes and people don’t like the way the depth chart is looking.

Would have been nice to have him this weekend but DVD can hold water recruiting DBs until a new coach is announced. We’ll be fine

Can't really blame T Rob. If it were anywhere else, I'd feel like some of you, but it's Saban, it's Bama. He helped us get guys and he recruited for us until the end.
Remember Mario left for Saban and Bama too.

This makes keeping DVD a MUST.
Good point. I listened to the Twitter Space last night with Caneville and they brought up a good point about why it's taking a long time to announce DC, there's so many other parts to the program that we didn't have in place before, he has to create and put in motion. With T-Rob more than likely out the door, it might push it announcements even further.

I find it ironic that people are pretending like T-Rob had nothing to do with coaching the CBs last season.

When DVD got hired everyone said it was just so he could recruit off campus and he was a bonafide GA training behind Trob, now all of sudden DVD had the CBs all to himself with no input at all from Trob. Sounds highly unlikely.

I’m not saying he’s a terrible coach and several factors like scheme and pass rush play a apart in DB play but we also can’t ignore the fact that several DBs play dropped last season.

I'm not about to cry about to TRob. If the goal is to get back to big time football having top assistant poached is part of the process. Reload. I want coaches who want to be here. We keep TRob if we offer him CoDC. Mario can't have assistants flexing and forcing his hand in his first year. There are options to get a DC who is an expert in secondary play. It definitely was a loss but nothing to be worried about. Trob wants to be a DC a year at Bama will probably afford him that chance.

Advertisement
T - Rob gone... LOL

jsu-jackson.gif
Bro you’ve gone from Crackhead Bob to JSU Boogeyman troll in weeks. You’ll probably get another troll of the year nomination for your latest work.

Advertisement
Yeah, I'm not really sweating the lose of T-Rob from the coaching standpoint. Seemed like we did recruit better in the secondary (CB and S) though with him. Hopefully we'll find a better mix of both on the next hire.
Absolutely a beast of a recruiter. I won’t slight him that

Our secondary took a huge step back last year without 2 replaceable coaches in Banda and Rumph. We even had the likes of Stevenson, Avantae, Kam Kitchens and James Williams added to the rotation. Talents we hadn’t had for a handful of years. I’ll take my chances with a clean slate of coaches in the secondary. The talent being brought in might drop off slightly but the development should definitely improve.
One year of trob with Manny’s defense and that’s the conclusion you have? Avantae couldn’t play a hole season and avantae isn’t a corner. Kam isn’t a corner.
Ivey has been more abused than a blow up doll at a frat house for 3 years now.
Common man you just gonna pretend he wasn’t ready to bounce out of here half way through the season cause manny handcuffed that entire defense.
We didn’t lose to fsu cause Trob. We lost cause manny called a horrible defense. I guess you know more than nick Saban.

Advertisement
Back