T-Rob gone! Who's Next

Advertisement
Man, when we were getting lit up by Bama last season, the last guy I was thinking about was T-Rob. I didn't say one time when I watch us play, "I hope we don't lose that guy".

Couch went backwards and maybe that’s on him but T-Rob can be replaced. Theirs are great coaches all over this country so I will wait to see what Mario does.

If it’s true he turned Raymond away then yes that’s a big mistake and he got burned. Unfortunately that happens in life and all you can do is grow from it.

Let’s see who actually gets hired before everyone starts complaining but hey….it’s CIS so ppl will cry no matter what

He never announced him because he knew he was toying with leaving.

That said, DVD and Field are still technically on field coach roles. DVD did all the recruiting alongside TRob and still has 100% access to the kids that they've been recruiting..I doubt we'll see much if any dropoff in recruiting. Those 2 can keep recruiting knowing that they're staying, even if it means moving off field.

Right now we have
Mario
Coach Joe
Mirabel
McClendon
Field
DVD
Kevin Smith

It's not a full staff. But good enough for a recruiting weekend. Would be nice to have one of the coordinators (especially D) named today or tomorrow for this weekend.

There are plenty of coaches/analyst in coral gables right now to host an event that you are having fun and showing off the campus. We are 11 months away from the first signing day and dudes are shook because we won’t have coordinators to introduce them to hahaha

Couch went backwards and maybe that’s on him but T-Rob can be replaced. Theirs are great coaches all over this country so I will wait to see what Mario does.

If it’s true he turned Raymond away then yes that’s a big mistake and he got burned. Unfortunately that happens in life and all you can do is grow from it.

Let’s see who actually gets hired before everyone starts complaining but hey….it’s CIS so ppl will cry no matter what
It’s not true that Mario turned Raymond away. That’s been debunked in this thread earlier.

Mike Rumph is available.
giphy (11).gif

Advertisement
The number of draft picks they've generated disagrees with you but ok.
Youre absolutely correct. The number of high four star and five star kids(who's incidentally we're projected as future NFL difference makers) is impressive... How'd he look last year? Is that cause they weren't his kids? Or is it a coincidence that until avantae and James started playing it wasn't too great(again future NFL picks according to initial assessments)

Man, when we were getting lit up by Bama last season, the last guy I was thinking about was T-Rob. I didn't say one time when I watch us play, "I hope we don't lose that guy".
Unpopular opinion: I aint sweatin T-Rob leaving. Yes, he is an excellent recruiter but I think it's fair to at least question his coaching abilities. More importantly, every single coach Mario hires will be able to recruit. Every single one. There will be no dead weight on this staff you can bank it. When we get rolling and win and play in meaningful games that is a better recruiting tool than any one recruiter. Not even close. Top five programs recruit themselves. Blue chip kids want to associate with a winner.

Not sure why the mongoloids are hating on Mario saying he did the same thing to Golden.

I don't see how that can be anything remotely close to the same thing.

Mario was fired from FIU and was brought in by Golden to be the Associate HC/TE's. After Chip Kelly recruited Jeff Stoutland to be the OL coach with the Philadelphia Eagles, Saban moved in quick and offered Mario the OL/RC position and a nice pay bump.

T-Rob hasn't been fired from another program, hasn't been brought in recently, and has been active and recruiting.

At any rate, this is an indication of T-Rob showing his true colors if indeed everything I've read on here is true.

Last edited:
Anyone that impressed with our DB play last season? All I saw was the same poor coverage, poor tackling, bad angles, etc. Stuff where you'd think top-tier coaching would've made a difference. Maybe our players were beyond help but ...

Advertisement
so its not true that you have to be good as a position coach in order to get a HC job?
That's true for the most part. But the fact is, if you're blessed from the crimson hand of St. Nick, then you're gold in college football circles. You get hired! It's crazy to me, but college ADs think a lot of Saban's opinion. He's known to only align himself with some of the best in the business. So when looking for a head coach, alot of them will hit up his Tuscaloosa rehabilitation program. Even our very own Mario, touched the cloak of Lord Saban, after getting dismissed at FIU. His coaching trajectory has been full steam ahead ever since. Working under Nick Saban, speeds up your clock. That's just facts.

That's true for the most part. But the fact is, if you're blessed from the crimson hand of St. Nick, then you're gold in college football circles. You get hired! It's crazy to me, but college ADs think a lot of Saban's opinion. He's known to only align himself with some of the best in the business. So when looking for a head coach, alot of them will hit up his Tuscaloosa rehabilitation program. Even our very own Mario, touched the cloak of Lord Saban, after getting dismissed at FIU. His coaching trajectory has been full steam ahead ever since. Working under Nick Saban, speeds up your clock. That's just facts.
Unless your name is Pete Golding, it seems.

every single coach Mario hires will be able to recruit. Every single one. There will be no dead weight on this staff you can bank it. When we get rolling and win and play in meaningful games that is a better recruiting tool than any one recruiter. Not even close. Top five programs recruit themselves. Blue chip kids want to associate with a winner.
(y)

We handle our business going forward and recruiting will be a far more difficult endeavor in SoFla for Bama, UGA, LSU and so on.

(Much less second-rate **** programs like UF and FSU)

Advertisement
Yeah, clarification was given on the timeline. Which is y my original ? was regarding Chance, but posters responded we chose him over Raymond. That had me going from 0-100 real quick. Lol.

Regardless, I can’t roll w/ this dude being on the recruiting trail, taking photos for the gram…but

U know what bro, all these coaches r doing this chit. It is what it is; this is the new landscape of CFB. Maybe this is payback for Manny ditching Temple at the first sign of a new opening. Lol. Just weird ASFCK for T-Rob to come coach under Manny, a **** that’s won chit in his entire life, but bail on a proven coach, champion, & great recruiter.

Anyways, gotta stop looking at things from my lens of loyalty vs. how these dudes get down. Just feel bad for the ‘22 kids that signed on the strength of this dude’s word. It is what it is, we’ll be alright.
I agree. It's a pretty messed up situation.

I don’t think you guys can really appreciate that this would be a pretty big obstacle to where we want to be as a team.
You had Feagans Rogers Wilson Graves All wanting to come here for one reason and one reason only. And it sure as **** wasn’t to come be coached under Manny freaking Diaz.
Graves almost left to Florida just cause of Raymond and it took a lot to keep him committed.

I know Mario is an awesome recruiter I know he has some really good recruiters already hired. But you’re talking about going after the best defensive back talent in the nation and having to recruit against Georgia who’s about to put at least two dudes in the league in that position, Alabama with Saban and Robinson, and now Florida with Raymond.
We are not going to be able to compete with the schools by trying to find diamonds in the rough.
Alabama noticed how one dude was automatically going to clean house on the defensive backs despite having a crappy head coach on a team with barely 3 consecutive bad seasons.

If Robinson does leave to Alabama I can tell you they’re going to have the most ridiculous corner back class that you’ve ever seen.
And if they don’t land McClain I guarantee you he picks Florida and it won’t be because of Gapier.

And even if Robinson wasn’t landing the highest rated dudes he has shown the ability to identity and develop at the highest level. Something that no one has been able to down here at that position.

Advertisement
I don’t think you guys can really appreciate that this would be a pretty big obstacle to where we want to be as a team.
You had Feagans Rogers Wilson Graves All wanting to come here for one reason and one reason only. And it sure as **** wasn’t to come be coached under Manny freaking Diaz.
Graves almost left to Florida just cause of Raymond and it took a lot to keep him committed.

I know Mario is an awesome recruiter I know he has some really good recruiters already hired. But you’re talking about going after the best defensive back talent in the nation and having to recruit against Georgia who’s about to put at least two dudes in the league in that position, Alabama with Saban and Robinson, and now Florida with Raymond.
We are not going to be able to compete with the schools by trying to find diamonds in the rough.
Alabama noticed how one dude was automatically going to clean house on the defensive backs despite having a crappy head coach on a team with barely 3 consecutive bad seasons.

If Robinson does leave to Alabama I can tell you they’re going to have the most ridiculous corner back class that you’ve ever seen.
And if they don’t land McClain I guarantee you he picks Florida and it won’t be because of Gapier.

And even if Robinson wasn’t landing the highest rated dudes he has shown the ability to identity and develop at the highest level. Something that no one has been able to down here at that position.
You're absolutely right, unfortunately.

Not flaming but short of talking to the guy this is all speculation. Besides, Mario didn't even have the job when Raymond came calling. How could he hire the guy in that scenario? All this stuff about coaching 3 stars onnhog land SOUNDS good but we all know it's going to be a real fight against them for in state d back talent.

Are you kidding me? I'm not talking about what Raymond might be able to recruit in the future. And for the record, HOGTOWN was the ORIGINAL name of Gainesville, and continues to be a nickname for Gainesville.

As far as Raymond, UF outbid us. I have heard Mario wasn't going to give him all he wanted anyway, but we were outbid. It wasn't we have a coach. The loss of TRob hurts in my opinion, but I believe their are several coaches close to his level we can get. The bottom line with him for most fans is his recruiting. Their are other DB coaches who are very good recruiters also.

Untrue on the "outbid" nonsense. We didn't even get the chance to make a bid.

As far as Raymond, UF outbid us. I have heard Mario wasn't going to give him all he wanted anyway, but we were outbid. It wasn't we have a coach. The loss of TRob hurts in my opinion, but I believe their are several coaches close to his level we can get. The bottom line with him for most fans is his recruiting. Their are other DB coaches who are very good recruiters also.
Absolutely false. I know first hand how this went and it never even started. The Florida deal was done when Mario reached out.

Advertisement
Back