T-Rob gone! Who's Next

Advertisement
T - Rob gone... LOL

jsu-jackson.gif

Sure. But a guy who is so all-fired-up to take the faster job offer might also be partially or wholly to blame.

If Corey Raymond REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted UM so badly, and didn't really care for Florida, he wouldn't have rushed to the altar with Gaypier. That's just reality. That's just facts.

Bottom line, Corey Raymond was happy to stay in the SEC-SEC-SEC for a shot at LSU/Kelly payback. But whiny b!tches on this thread are putting all the blame on Mario.

Honest question - how many of these real-men/tough-talking-guys on this board ever went through fraternity rush? And if you did, how many people accepted the first bid they were given, without considering any of the other fraternities?

Sorry, but Corey Raymond made his overly rapid choice, and now he gets to coach a bunch of 3-stars in Hogtown. Fvck him.
Not flaming but short of talking to the guy this is all speculation. Besides, Mario didn't even have the job when Raymond came calling. How could he hire the guy in that scenario? All this stuff about coaching 3 stars onnhog land SOUNDS good but we all know it's going to be a real fight against them for in state d back talent.

Last edited:
The only thing bad about TRob leaving is the timing. We have NO OC, DC, LB, , CB, or Safeties coaches.

I hope there is something going on where we have a DC in line that wants to bring in his own people and that's why TRob bounced. A staff needs to be put into place soon or the narrative is going to start to change.

Advertisement
point: If T-Rob wants to accelerate his HC-dream, thats perfectly fine. But it would take more than coaching DBs at Alabama. He needs to succeed at that, become a coordinator, succeed at that (which he hasnt done in the past) and then, he gets those job offers. Its a large bet he has put on himself.
Not true. Multiple guys have gotten HC gigs out of being a Bama position coach. Charles Huff being the latest.

Advertisement
Hope theres a dc announcement today that makes the trob part fall into place and make sense. Hoping this was all on marios schedule and not got caught with his pants down

That was a big FU from Saban. I respect that he is gunning for us before this huge weekend.

timing sucks and was obviously purposeful so this cat showed his true colors.

Advertisement
As far as Raymond, UF outbid us. I have heard Mario wasn't going to give him all he wanted anyway, but we were outbid. It wasn't we have a coach. The loss of TRob hurts in my opinion, but I believe their are several coaches close to his level we can get. The bottom line with him for most fans is his recruiting. Their are other DB coaches who are very good recruiters also.

Advertisement
I’ll say none of the holdovers were officially announced, so is this a true “loss”?. Mario’s only announced 4 on field coaches and strength coach. 🤷🏾‍♂️
He never announced him because he knew he was toying with leaving.

That said, DVD and Field are still technically on field coach roles. DVD did all the recruiting alongside TRob and still has 100% access to the kids that they've been recruiting..I doubt we'll see much if any dropoff in recruiting. Those 2 can keep recruiting knowing that they're staying, even if it means moving off field.

Right now we have
Mario
Coach Joe
Mirabel
McClendon
Field
DVD
Kevin Smith

It's not a full staff. But good enough for a recruiting weekend. Would be nice to have one of the coordinators (especially D) named today or tomorrow for this weekend.

Just look at the hiring dates, and it will become fairly clear.

Sure, Raymond reached out. But Miami had just hired Mario, had not yet hired Dan, and we didn't exactly have a system set up on Day 1 to accept unsolicited applications AND make hiring decisions within a 48-hour turnaround timeframe.

So LSU-lifer Raymond jumped on the first offer to stay in the SEC. Not sure why this is causing such agita among Canes fans.

If Raymond had waited for a few days, maybe things are different, but he was antsy.
This!

Advertisement
Back