T-Rob gone! Who's Next

Advertisement
I literally just did.

You are becoming a HC if you are an assistant at an elite-level program. Not just Alabama. Just you went to be an assistant there does not make you good nor does it mean it gets thrown at you. Especially coaching DBs, the position where Saban has his stamp on it in everything.

T-Rob has 1-2 years ahead of him where he absolutely has to nail it. Otherwise, Saban is just going to replace him with the next guy and off are his chances of becoming a HC. Its almost the same narrative as Belichick producing Head Coaches all the time, yet they all seem to stink.

My point: If T-Rob wants to accelerate his HC-dream, thats perfectly fine. But it would take more than coaching DBs at Alabama. He needs to succeed at that, become a coordinator, succeed at that (which he hasnt done in the past) and then, he gets those job offers. Its a large bet he has put on himself.

And that is not connected to Miami. If we connect it to Miami, his chances of becoming a HC have approx. risen by 0.0069420%.

End of story.
If you don’t think coaching at Alabama helps accelerate the process to becoming a head coach. There is not much else to say because there is to much evidence out there to say it does. Marshall head coach was the RB coach at Bama before he got hired.

If you don’t think coaching at Alabama helps accelerate the process to becoming a head coach. There is not much else to say because there is to much evidence out there to say it does. Marshall head coach was the RB coach at Bama before he got hired.
It can.

But I have no problem saying TRob isn't HC material.

He's a very good DB recruiter. That's it.

If we go from TRob to Chance or the dude from BC then SMH.

Can’t downgrade. We need to compete with the Gator in the state of Florida for DB recruits and that means we need someone with a name bigger than TRob.

Only options IMO are either someone from the NFL or someone like Ed Reed if he’s willing to grind

Advertisement
There is a ****load of HCs with no association to Bama.

Going to Alabama means you have to execute at the highest level. If you dont do it, youre out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
0B6DE3E5-915F-4211-85EA-0DA2AF10F2DF.png

Karl Scott had one of the worst secondaries in the NFL this year! Let’s not make him our first choice

I was speaking in gist comparing Manny vs. Mario. Remember T-Rob gave some bull chit story how he wanted to come home & Coach here, & blah blah blah. So I’m like how u come here for Manny but don’t stay here for Mario? Lol

Why does he have to have a story?

****, we just hired a coach who agreed to work for Golden and then almost immediately did the same thing TRob did, go work for Saban.

How anyone can question a man's decision to go work for the best (Saban is the top coach, but not only that, he's the best DB coach as well), I'll never understand. On top of that, you get a raise. Maybe we would've offered the same, but then there's still the Saban factor.

Why does he have to have a story?

****, we just hired a coach who agreed to work for Golden and then almost immediately did the same thing TRob did, go work for Saban.

How anyone can question a man's decision to go work for the best (Saban is the top coach, but not only that, he's the best DB coach as well), I'll never understand. On top of that, you get a raise. Maybe we would've offered the same, but then there's still the Saban factor.
Because it's never about the real story or anything to do with facts... It's the excuse/obsession to have something to cry about...

Advertisement
I hope we offer Raymond more bread man just to fuq the Gators. Is this possible? Give him OC DC waterboy positions as well.
If that happens, then we get da DOUBLE WHAMMY: another beast DB Coach & Rivers of Off-Season Gaytor Tears!!!
I hope we offer Raymond more bread man just to fuq the Gators. Is this possible? Give him OC DC waterboy positions as well.

Major blow to defensive back recruiting here. With Raymond being a gator right now this was seriously ill advised. Not saying there's not other good coaches out there but from what I see aside from Raymond anyone else is a step down.

Advertisement
Back