T-Rob gone! Who's Next

A poster with a source indicated that Corey Raymond reached out to Mario a few weeks ago saying he was interested in the job. Mario turned him down because T-Rob had told him he was staying.

Now you have Raymond at UF, T-Rob at Bama and no one here.

Not good.
SMH if this is true… IMO Raymond is a 10x better DB coach than T-Rob. Not saying T-Rob is bad he’s one of the best but Raymond is the best in all of college football. Any possible way we could offer him big $$ to come now?

Advertisement
Well something went down and let's see wtf we do about it.
I don't disagree. Let's see.
Raymond inquired and before Mario got back to him Ufag offered and he jumped on it immediately. According to Cribby.
LCE always said Raymond is an sec lifers so it makes sense.
Losing TRob is a big deal but hoping a good replacement will minimize that. At least I hope.

I don't disagree. Let's see.
Raymond inquired and before Mario got back to him Ufag offered and he jumped on it immediately. According to Cribby.
LCE always said Raymond is an sec lifers so it makes sense.
Losing TRob is a big deal but hoping a good replacement will minimize that. At least I hope.
Mario is the closer always has been always will be just like Saban. Elite dbs will choose this place cause of Mario.

Kirby Smart, Mel Tucker and Jeremy Pruitt were DB coaches at Bama that headed up as HC.

When was the last time Miami DB coach that ended up as HC?
Thats three names over what period of time? Ten years?

Might also need to be added that Smart coached DBs for one year in 2007, Tucker coached at Georgia before he became a HC and Pruitt coached DBs at Bama eight years before he got a HC job at Tennessee.

If T-Rob bets on him becoming a HC via this route, thats a large *** bet.

And idk why Miami needs to be brought into the question, it was actually pretty straightforward to answer.

Advertisement
I was speaking in gist comparing Manny vs. Mario. Remember T-Rob gave some bull chit story how he wanted to come home & Coach here, & blah blah blah. So I’m like how u come here for Manny but don’t stay here for Mario? Lol
I agree with you. The man said he brought his mom with him and everything lol. But we all found out why he such a great recruiter. As Miami fan.. TRob can kiss my *** but as a career move, he did what was best for him.

He did do the kids dirty as **** but that’s nothing new. Just happen to be Miami turn this year.

Thats three names over what period of time? Ten years?

Might also need to be added that Smart coached DBs for one year in 2007, Tucker coached at Georgia before he became a HC and Pruitt coached DBs at Bama eight years before he got a HC job at Tennessee.

If T-Rob bets on him becoming a HC via this route, thats a large *** bet.

And idk why Miami needs to be brought into the question, it was actually pretty straightforward to answer.
Can you answer my question? I’m genuinely asking

Advertisement
Mario is the closer always has been always will be just like Saban. Elite dbs will choose this place cause of Mario.
People acting on here like we lost our best recruiter. We all wish TRob stayed. He is an elite recruiter, and okay coach. He has been jumping from job to job for years now and all those programs did just fine with out him, and so will we. Manny or Golden aren’t in charge any more.

Timing is everything.

Sure. But a guy who is so all-fired-up to take the faster job offer might also be partially or wholly to blame.

If Corey Raymond REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted UM so badly, and didn't really care for Florida, he wouldn't have rushed to the altar with Gaypier. That's just reality. That's just facts.

Bottom line, Corey Raymond was happy to stay in the SEC-SEC-SEC for a shot at LSU/Kelly payback. But whiny b!tches on this thread are putting all the blame on Mario.

Honest question - how many of these real-men/tough-talking-guys on this board ever went through fraternity rush? And if you did, how many people accepted the first bid they were given, without considering any of the other fraternities?

Sorry, but Corey Raymond made his overly rapid choice, and now he gets to coach a bunch of 3-stars in Hogtown. Fvck him.

Advertisement
Mario never announced that TRob was staying, I wonder why. Maybe he knew that TRob was exploring other options.

I said this a couple of weeks ago.

Unfortunately, we have so many porsters who obsess about "official press releases", that they can't even take 10 steps backward in order to see the big picture.

They'll figure it all out in a few weeks.

SMH if this is true… IMO Raymond is a 10x better DB coach than T-Rob. Not saying T-Rob is bad he’s one of the best but Raymond is the best in all of college football. Any possible way we could offer him big $$ to come now?

Not true.

Advertisement
Lol.. That’s cool. You not answering proves my point
I literally just did.

You are becoming a HC if you are an assistant at an elite-level program. Not just Alabama. Just you went to be an assistant there does not make you good nor does it mean it gets thrown at you. Especially coaching DBs, the position where Saban has his stamp on it in everything.

T-Rob has 1-2 years ahead of him where he absolutely has to nail it. Otherwise, Saban is just going to replace him with the next guy and off are his chances of becoming a HC. Its almost the same narrative as Belichick producing Head Coaches all the time, yet they all seem to stink.

My point: If T-Rob wants to accelerate his HC-dream, thats perfectly fine. But it would take more than coaching DBs at Alabama. He needs to succeed at that, become a coordinator, succeed at that (which he hasnt done in the past) and then, he gets those job offers. Its a large bet he has put on himself.

And that is not connected to Miami. If we connect it to Miami, his chances of becoming a HC have approx. risen by 0.0069420%.

End of story.

Well something went down and let's see wtf we do about it.

Just look at the hiring dates, and it will become fairly clear.

Sure, Raymond reached out. But Miami had just hired Mario, had not yet hired Dan, and we didn't exactly have a system set up on Day 1 to accept unsolicited applications AND make hiring decisions within a 48-hour turnaround timeframe.

So LSU-lifer Raymond jumped on the first offer to stay in the SEC. Not sure why this is causing such agita among Canes fans.

If Raymond had waited for a few days, maybe things are different, but he was antsy.

Advertisement
Back